MI Selling Scamp 13 deluxe front bath $14,000-sold - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #15

Name: Rod
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Tennessee
Making the Escape 15 Look Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Scamp just had a small price increase in June.
A new Scamp 13 deluxe with every single available option will now approach $21K.
This is making the Escape 15 look better.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #16

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Deluxe 2012 Scamp 19' 5th-wheel with all the "fixings" to be delivered mid Sept.
Central Texas
I have a March 2012 price sheet and the 13ft with Layout B deluxe wood interior base price is $14.3K. Every available option totals $3,9K, which does not include the price for a shower and toilet since the the Layout B comes with a shower & toilet. So, even with a slight price increase I have a hard time believing the total of $18.2K is now approaching $21K, especially since Scamp also knocks 10% off the option prices, which was not included in the above prices.

By the way, the 3/12 base price for the deluxe layout A (no shower & toilet available) is $12.8K
For the 13ft w/shower & toilet: $11.9K
For the 13ft w/option pkg.(whatever that means): $9.8K
For the 13ft standard: $8.9K

Wayne

Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #17

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmac View Post
I have a March 2012 price sheet and the 13ft with Layout B deluxe wood interior base price is $14.3K. Every available option totals $3,9K, which does not include the price for a shower and toilet since the the Layout B comes with a shower & toilet. So, even with a slight price increase I have a hard time believing the total of $18.2K is now approaching $21K, especially since Scamp also knocks 10% off the option prices, which was not included in the above prices.

By the way, the 3/12 base price for the deluxe layout A (no shower & toilet available) is $12.8K
For the 13ft w/shower & toilet: $11.9K
For the 13ft w/option pkg.(whatever that means): $9.8K
For the 13ft standard: $8.9K

Wayne
I am the one who made that statement, and I must admit to a smudge of "egg" on my face!
Using the same price list as you did, I refigured to $19600 delivered to Illannoy and including sales tax. That did not include the price increase in June, but it did include one large error of $1350.
When adding the options I added in the shower and toilet option to layout "B". This option was included in the layout "B" price and so was a redundancy. Any other small discrepancy would be in the number of lights,wiring, and power outlets (inside and out).
Delivery to Texas would be a little more.
Thanks for the correction! I am as relieved as anyone.
MEA CULPA and my appologies to Scamp and all who were affected.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #18

Name: Kat
Trailer: in the market
Illinois
How to see it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter D View Post
2010 Scamp 13 deluxe with front bath, Grand Rapids, MI. Beautiful birch interior with nearly every factory option including: awning; furnace; AC; fantastic roof vent; cable connection; and gas/electric hot water heater with electronic ignition. Personal additions include: flat screen TV; aluminum alloy wheels; shower curtain and mirror. Always garage stored. $14,000. Please e-mail free2livepgd@gmail.com. Photos available.
My husband and I will be in your area this weekend. We would like to make arrangements to see this trailer. Please check your email messages and respond. Thanks -- Kat
Old 10-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #19

Trailer: Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Greetings!
I still have this great little trailer and it is still for sale. I will be at the Cherokee, NC rally in a week and a half if anyone is interested in checking it out first hand. It is in "like new" condition.
Please let me know.
Regards,
Peter
Old 10-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #20

Name: John
Trailer: shopping
South Carolina
Peter, This is my first post. What are the weights on this? Dry? Tongue? For the same appointments, does the wood trim (delux) packaage add weight?

My concern is towing. I have a 2006 Chev Trailblazer 2WD with 90,000 miles, 4.2L V6, 3.73 gear axle ratio vehicle and am trying to figure out if it's suitable to tow your scamp. I live in Columbia SC and plan to take a 2-5 month road trip through the Carolinas (generally the Appalachian Mountains) and then out west through various parts of Colorado and up to Seattle. I'd be alone with a couple bikes, a kayak, and lot's of camping/ hiking gear but nothing rediculous.

I'm just learning about towing, etc. and got a printout from Chevy on my VIN#, which shows features like (C4D) GVW 5550 lbs, (G80) locking differential rear, (K18) electric air injection system, (JF8) brake vac power/ 4 wheel disc, and I have a trailer hitch on the car. My car weights 2,520 this VIN printout says.

Can you or others help me understand whether I can "conservatively" tow your trailer? By conservatively, I'd what whatever margin of saftey (excess capacity) that folks think makes sense.

What's the Cherokee event? I live in Columbia SC and am interested in your scamp if my SUV makes sense to pull it.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #21

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Per Pete, this beauty has been sold!

Tags
scamp