SOLD - 13 1/2' Luv Bug - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
John Gorzelny

Thanks everyone. The trailer has been sold. And a special thanks to Donna the moderator for straightening out my registration!
Attached Thumbnails
untitled11.JPG  

Old 11-19-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
Drue

Arrggggghhh!

That's one cracked egg. I've done a lot of fiberglass work in my day. One of the beautiful things about fiberglass is the ease of repairs.

One of the downsides is that significant damage affects the entire structural integrity. I'm not certain Humpty can be put back together again.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:49 AM   #3

Trailer: 2008 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Do you have any interest in selling components of the trailer? ie. fridge, furnace, cabinets?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:39 PM   #4
John Gorzelny

Hello Drue,

Sorry for the delay in my response: my computer is down, so replies will be sporadic.

As for the structural integrity of the trailer, the thought didn't even cross my mind. The accident occured in the Yukon, and the trailer was towed back in its current state from there, over 2,000 miles away. As is, it had the structural integrity to withstand the rigorous Alaska Highway, which as you may know, is probably one of the most challenging roads any RV is likely to face. To summarize, the structural integrity of the trailer has been tested by one of the most rigorous challenges out there. It passed.

Thanks for the question.

John

Old 11-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
John Gorzelny

Hi Laura,

I will part out the trailer's components only if no one wants the entire unit. Why not send an offer on any component listed?

John

Old 11-27-2005, 12:04 AM   #6
John Gorzelny

Hello there,

Quite a few people have asked if the trailer can be towed, so I thought I would answer the question here for everyone:

Can trailer be towed, as it is?
The trailer was damaged on a snowy mountain pass in the Yukon Territories of Canada. I towed it down from there without incident. That is well over 2,000 miles of towing after the damage occurred. However, I have not even seen it in about a year. The tires are high quality and price radials, but even the best tires lose air over time. They will probably need to be pumped up. They were left covered by those expensive vinyl covers from Campingworld, so they have been protected. The trailer had been meticulously maintained before storage, and the axle has the quick and easy grease fitting access, so that should not be a factor. On the other hand, the trailer has been in (very expensive) storage for 9 years, so nothing can be said definitively.

Thanks for reading!

John