SOLD-13' project Scamp Central Calif. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
I bought a I3' Navy surplus Scamp last spring.

I have replaced every rivet in the body. The windows have been resealed with what is called double sided glazing foam tape. It has mastic on both sides and is a high density closed cell foam. It has a new 110v circuit breaker panel with 2 new 20 amp circuit breakers and romex wire run to the closet area for. The entire propane system has been replaced. It is now black iron pipe with 2 separate interior valves and outlets for a water heater, refer, range and heater. There is also an new updated propane tank and a year old battery.

I guarantee that you will need to sand and paint the trailer and recover or replace the cushions. The tires have tread and hold air but I would replace them.

There is no table but I have all new Scamp table hardware. All you need is a piece of plywood.
I was going to install a gas refrigerator. The cabinet is now sealed and the vent and access door have been installed on the outside of the trailer. There is now an ice box in the trailer.

There is also an new pump sink faucet and new tubing from the tank to the faucet.
The interior Ensolite is now clean and the seams are covered with white Scamp seam tape.
There is some minor interior trim to still be replaced but I have it.

All of the really time consuming and difficult work has been done. Other than the paint and the cushions you can have it in shape in 2 days. I am tired of working on it.

I left my camera at my brothers home in Nevada last week and am expecting UPS to deliver it any day as soon as it comes I will post pics.

The price is $1800.00.
John
Old 10-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #2

Project Scamp pics.
I installed a butcher block top on the sink cabinet as the fiberglass was not in good shape.
Pic 4 shows the complete tabale hardeware, door trim, door seal, gravel guard trim and fiberglass edge trim.
I do have a new wheel from Scamp. I ordered a wheel 1978 Scamp and they sent me a spoke wheel.
John

Click image for larger version

Name:	navy_scamp_001.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	10469

Name:	navy_scamp_003.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	10471

Name:	navy_scamp_005.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	10473
Attached Thumbnails
navy_scamp_002.jpg   navy_scamp_004.jpg  

navy_scamp_006.jpg  
Old 10-27-2007, 08:16 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
John,

Is this trailer still available?

Thanks,
Dawn
Old 10-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #4

Quote:
John,
Is this trailer still available?
Thanks,
Dawn
It is still available. I will accept a reasonable offer.
John
Old 10-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #5

I was asked for some pics of the underside of the trailer.
I have also included 2 pics of small damaged areas in the fiberglass.They are small. I was going to put a layer of glass on the back side of the cracks and the fill the surface with bondo and sand it down.
There is also a pic of the coupler. It has been slighty jackknifed. There is a dent on the left side of the frame. No cracks and the welds are intact just a minor dent. It tows straight with no problems.

I do not want someone to come look at the trailer and see soom thing that I did not tell you about.

John

Name:	socal_002.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	10694

Name:	socal_003.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	10695

Name:	socal_005.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	10697
Attached Thumbnails
socal_005.jpg   socal_004.jpg  

Old 11-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #6

I just had a committed buyer attempt to change the sales agreement the day before I was to drive over 300 miles one way to deliver the trailer.

It is for sale again. The price is now $1500.00 and I will include a new room air conditioner still in the box that I bought for the trailer.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #7

Quote:
I just had a committed buyer attempt to change the sales agreement the day before I was to drive over 300 miles one way to deliver the trailer.

It is for sale again. The price is now $1500.00 and I will include a new room air conditioner still in the box that I bought for the trailer.

SOLD!!!!!!J
John

Tags
scamp