SOLD-16ft Scamp $6900 Seattle, WA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
1995 16’ Scamp rarely used and in excellent original condition.
The original carpets are like new very clean no odors, non smoking and no pets. Kept indoors or in carport all of its life. Clean and dry, no mold.

Standard floor plan… A dinette in the rear that folds into a bed for two and the couch in the front folds into bunk beds, a bathroom with a real toilet. Lots of storage space.

It has the important options such as stove, fridge, heater, sink and bathroom. It does not have AC, oven, microwave or a satellite dish. Instead of these rarely used options it has much more storage room than most Scamps and is much lighter. Without all the extra weight the trailer sits higher with excellent ground clearance. The scale weight on the registration is 1350 lbs.

Well maintained with new Goodyear Marathon tires, new brakes and bearings, new 12v battery and new propane tank. The fiberglass is in great shape with no damage. Washed and cleaned after each use. Everything is in good working order, lights, water pump, jacks, furnace, fridge all work as they should. This is a simply a great trailer that has not been hacked up or abused in anyway.

A warm clean dry place to sleep (much better than a wet tent or soggy tent trailer). Ideal for a couple or small family. Extremely light and can be towed with smaller vehicles.

$6900
Redmond WA
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp_edit_teton.jpg  
Old 04-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi

Please send some pictures to copperstone_kitchens@hotmail.com . Sounds like a nice trailer. I agree simple is best.

Thanks,
Debbie
Old 04-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Hi,
I sent you an e-mail message regarding your Scamp.

Thanks,
paul
Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #4

The unit has been sold to a forum member.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #5

Quote:
The unit has been sold to a forum member.
Congrats on selling your trailer. I was the first to reply to your post (within 1/2 an hour of your post) There was no reply from you. Please give everyone a chance to purchase a trailer from this wonderful site.
Very disappointed
Old 04-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Debbie, anyone that's lost out on a trailer, knows how you feel. However, (isn't there always a BUT ?), we don't know if the seller only posted the trailer for sale on this site... many use local CraigsList, etc. It's always been our suggestion that a perspective buyer use every means possible to contact the seller. Most often, if you click on the individual's name on the left side, you will find a link to his or her e-mail (if it's not set to private). Or, they may leave a phone number or other contact information right in the ad. Take advantage of every thing you can. Quality molded lightweight fiberglass trailers that are priced right, sell fast. If I was seriously looking to buy, I wouldn't wait for the seller to come back to a forum and post.

Best of Luck
Old 04-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #7

Exclamation

Quote:
Hi Debbie, anyone that's lost out on a trailer, knows how you feel. However, (isn't there always a BUT ?), we don't know if the seller only posted the trailer for sale on this site... many use local CraigsList, etc. It's always been our suggestion that a perspective buyer use every means possible to contact the seller. Most often, if you click on the individual's name on the left side, you will find a link to his or her e-mail (if it's not set to private). Or, they may leave a phone number or other contact information right in the ad. Take advantage of every thing you can. Quality molded lightweight fiberglass trailers that are priced right, sell fast. If I was seriously looking to buy, I wouldn't wait for the seller to come back to a forum and post.

Best of Luck
Thank you for the post. The person did sell to forum member not on Craigslist. I did look for a contact number and left a email address to contact me but did not hear from the member. Sometimes it is just luck that you connect with the seller that has the trailer you want. If you have any other suggestions I welcome them. We live in British Columbia, Canada and are looking for a 16ft scamp or casita in the North Western States. Note a toilet is needed.

Thanks for the advice
Old 04-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I wonder if the person who purchased the trailer, e-mailed??? We may never know and it doesn't matter at this point, what we need to do is get you your own... right?

Have you read this topic? The Official "Search Tips" Thread!, Posted by request.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #9

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Debbie,

I know how you feel... I have just missed two trailers, one of them the 'perfect' trailer. It's tough for us on Vancouver Island as we have a bit of a closed market - I purchased our current trailer over the phone from a gentleman in Vancouver.

Scamps and Casitas are pretty rare up here (I know of just one scamp that has been for sale in BC this year) so what I recommend is that you do something similar to what I do.

I use a tabbed browser and I do a search for the trailer type I am looking for on (example trillium) on craigslist or kijiji (or usedeverywhere in canada). I open each location (seattle, auburn, vancouver, etc) in a separate tab... depending on how widespread you are willing to go you may have 20-30 tabs. Personally I don't bother with ebay - it's too sketchy for me.

The great thing is you can now bookmark all those tabs and research all those sites automatically. I generally reload all those tabs 2-4 times a day to check the market. I still haven't found the 'perfect' trailer again but boy, do I know the market in Trilliums in Western Canada =)
Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #10

Registry
Hi,
It was us...
I sent the seller a message on the board and an e-mail Tuesday, talked to him Wednesay morning and we bought it Wednesday after work.
My heart sank a little when we pulled up and another couple was looking at it, but they passed.
The seller said he had over 40 e-mails overnight, asking for more information or wanting him to hold it. He said he was pretty confident of a local sale.

I just got there as fast as I could ready to buy if it was what we wanted. I've missed out on a couple units and know how disapointing it feels.
I feel fortunate that this one came up so close to home.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #11

The first person to post a reply in the forum is not necasssarly the first person to reply.

Willar was the first to reply... he sent an email within minutes of posting it for sale. He was actually online when it was posted and acted instantly.

I rejected several full price site unseen offers to hold it for him, simply because he was first.

I don't see how that could possibly be unfair.

Good luck in your searches.

Ty forum members for all the info over the years...

Old 04-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #12

Thank you for all the replies. Maybe next time.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #13

Trailer: 1982 13 ft Burro
Congrats to Willar for their new scamp.
For those in search of, keep looking something will come along.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #14

Registry
Well, it was and interesting drive weather-wise, but the Scamp followed our Outback along like it belonged there
We will be getting a new tow with a more robust hitch tho'...the Subie is limited to 200#. I was a little worried until I picked up the tongue on the empty unit and moved it sideways a few inches.

Here's a couple camera phone pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Rearqrtr1.jpg   SubiScamp2.jpg  

Old 04-20-2008, 07:45 AM   #15

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
congrats!! maybe see ya driving down I-5 one of these days!!

Tags
scamp