OR Sold: 1974 Hunter I Compact II - Oregon $4000 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 16 Delux
Oregon
Registry
Sold: 1974 Hunter I Compact II - Oregon $4000

I'm finishing up on my Compact II. Right now I'm waiting to reinstall the reconditioned top and fabric. That should happen next week. Everything else is complete and ready for camping. The top has new fiberglass to reinforce a sag and new paint.

Please check my Registry for all the pictures of this rebuild (SouthwestOregon201). I have two albums, the one to check is the 1974 needing a cleanup.

The trailer has a new axle, springs, hubs, wheels and tires. The original axle and the old wheels will be included with the sale. The tongue has been sandblasted and a new screw lift and safety chains have been added, plus new paint. The gravity water fill has been changed out to a female adapter so that an outside hose can fill the fresh water tank.

The interior has new 5" foam pads with zippered covers. The fresh water tank has a marine screw on cap that allows easy cleanout of the tank. All water lines are new as well as the propane line. There is a 12V pump and switch to pump water to the sink. The sink is original but the faucet has been replaced, right valve controls the water from the tank, left valve controls water from an outside city water source. New drawers and easy slide out trays plus a porta potty are installed.

The trailer is wired with a 7-pin connector to new tail lights, interior lights, but a 4-pin can be easily added for any new owner.

The license is current and I have the clear title. The overall heighth of the trailer is 84" with the top down. There are a few scratches to the fiberglass material along the bottom, but they are minor. The glass is good but I have not removed them and resealed them. Everything is working good and this trailer is ready to take camping. It only needs curtains.

I live in southwest Oregon and will now advertise the unit for $4000. When I take the trailer down to get the top fixed I will weigh the trailer. Please send me a PM and I will send you my phone number and will gladly address any questions.

Dave Heffner
Attached Thumbnails
Profile1.JPG   Profile2.JPG  

Rebuilt top1.JPG  
Old 05-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #2

Oregon
Registry
Compact I

A sideline value to being part of this website personnel is the vast amount of help available.

Through an informative PM from Bob Miller, I am learning that the difference between a Compact I and Compact II was the interior design and appliances. I fully agree that the stove and refrigerator were options back in the 70's. My unit would then qualify as a Compact I, based on whoever ordered that model.

So, please allow me to correct my ad to reflect this new information.

Dave Heffner
Roseburg, OR
Attached Thumbnails
Closet side1.jpg   Closet side2.jpg  

Driver's side interior.jpg   Interior center.jpg  

Old 05-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #3

Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
California
Registry
Additionally you must have a king size bed in there! We have a queen in our Compct II. But we also have at least an extra 18 inches or so of cabinetry. A good bed is a wonderful thing to have in a camper!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #4

Oregon
Registry
I went out tonight and measured the length of the bench pads (75 inches). Across the width of the camper is 73". With a complete bed possibility of 73x75.

I do remember that I slept perpendicular to the length of the trailer in my first Compact II.

I think some of the other options that might have been available to new owners would be the front glass rock shield and perhaps a sliding front glass window.

Dave Heffner
Roseburg, OR
Old 05-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #5

Oregon
Registry
One of the additions that didn't get mentioned in the ad was the portable grey water tank. Also, I put a drain line to the fresh water tank through the floor and a marine deck lid to clean out the fresh water tank.
Dave Heffner
Roseburg, OR
Attached Thumbnails
Grey water tank.JPG   tank install2.jpg