CA SOLD: 1975 Compact II by Hunter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #1

Name: Heather
Trailer: compact II
California
SOLD: 1975 Compact II by Hunter

Hi,

I have a 1975 Compact II (by Hunter) camper for sale. It has been a great little trailer we easily towed with our 4 cylinder Saturn Vue. Unfortunately life circumstances have changed, and I need to sell it.

We bought the trailer about 5 years ago, and at the time the owner had just put in new upholstery with matching curtains, new vinyl pop top, new electric water pump, new tires with a spare, new support/levelers in the rear, and a new three way Dometic refrigerator. In the past several years we have had it rewired, installed new side lights, put new brake pads on the trailer brakes, had the bearings repacked, new propane regulator, painted the inside, installed a high quality faux wood flooring, replaced 2 of the screens, and on our last camping trip in September, bought a new heavy duty RV battery and a fresh propane tank. I made a set of sheer curtains (pictured), as the ones made to match the upholstery were too heavy and dark for my liking. Both sets of course are included.

Everything works great, three burner stove, Dometic fridge/freezer, electric and battery powered lights. The dinette turns into a large (almost a queen) and very comfy bed...we kept it as such and if the buyer would like, i have an expensive 3" memory foam mattress from Costco that I custom cut to fit. It is truly as comfortable as any bed at home, but not practical if you're going to unmake the bed. I turned the closet into "bathroom" with a port-a-potty and hanging shelf.

My brother is a mechanic, and he said the trailer has surface rust as any would of this age, but structurally it looks sound. He said the springs and wood look good underneath, and as I said before, everything inside works great as do the trailer brakes. We never had a problem with it leaking, and there are no cracks in the fiberglass. I painted the back bumper and front trailer part with Rustoleum...looks better but obviously far from new. The outside of the trailer is in need of a good washing and buffing, something I'm just not physically able to do at this time. The cabinets and drawers have to be bungie-corded when traveling or you end up with a floor full! Bungie cords included free of charge! If you're handy and picky the hardware on the drawers and cabinets could use replacing, but we've lived with it for this long with the occasional dollop of locktite and a new screw here and there. It's totally usable now, just not great fit or finish for sure.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have, or if you'd like me to personally send you more detailed pictures. I love this little trailer, and am very sad to see it go.

I'd like to get at least $3,500 for it, but ultimately I will take the best offer I get.

Thank you.

Location: Santa Maria, CA---about 80 miles north of Santa Barbara
Attached Thumbnails
trailerF.jpg   trailerR.jpg  

trailerS.jpg   trailerDoorview.jpg  

side2.jpg   insideL.jpg  

rightsideinside.jpg   interiorrust.jpg  

closet.jpg   back.jpg  

Old 04-01-2014, 06:01 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Where in calafornia are you located as my son lives in LA and might be interested
Old 04-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #3

Name: Brant
Trailer: Hunter I
California
Registry
Very interested and would like to come and see it. Where are you located?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #4

California
Hi, thanks for your interest. The trailer is in Santa Maria, CA, about 80 miles north of Santa Barbara. I can show it anytime.

Thank you.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #5

California
Trailer sold today. Thank you for your interest.