SOLD ~ 1975 Compact II For Sale in San Diego, CA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
i have a 1975 compact II for sale and it is located in san diego, california. it has a brand new dometic 2-way fridge (120v and propane), new cushions, and new canvas for the pop-top. it has electric brakes, new tires and a spare. the sink and stove works as they should and all the lights (interior and exterior) work. some drawers need some fixing, but everything is fine the way they are. it is ready to be camped in the way it is. i am asking $3000 for the trailer. if you are serious, let me know and i will gladly send you pictures. reply to me on this site or to jmakabenta@hotmail.com.

thanks,

joey
Old 04-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
due to popular demand - here are the pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/jmakabenta/Com...IITrailer?pli=1

thanks for looking.

joey
Old 04-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Those are great shots Joey, thanks.

Pictures will always get peoples interest!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:44 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Hey Joey,
Nice pics of your trailer, it looks like a nice rig! Such a thorough set of pics should cover all the bases for any prospective buyer.
Since our rigs are siblings, I can see the similarities but also some great differences too.
1.You have the original side awnings! I've seen several trailers, including mine, that have the holes from where they once were, but they're long gone! So that's a nice feature...
2. Your refrigerator looks fairly new, so it's probably got a LOT of life left in it...
3. Yours appears to have trailer brakes, a very nice extra!

I am curious though, I see the double doors across from your sink. In my rig thats where my bathroom is, does your have that too, or is it just an open closet, or what? Just wondering...
Good luck on the sale, I bet it will go fast!

Joe
Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #5

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Joey,
I agree with Joseph...and I'm another twin to your two trailers. I've got a '74 Retro baby with the original wild colored linoleum floor...which you seem to have replaced on yours. You need the wild omeba '70's colors: avocado, rust orange, mustard yellow and white. I've got the privacy room that Joseph described but am LACKING those cuter than cute awnings you have on the sides. Can you shoot me a pic of the hardware you have so I can see if one of my friends can weld me something similar. Mine has plastic tubing hanging from some original hardware...but no extending arms out of metal or whatever....someone tried to adapt the tubing for extension arms...at any rate there's no canvas on mine. I also have the same weird original light shade covers...but mine are rusty...I thought of spraying them black...but yours seem to be white. Is that the original...do also you have the color pamphlet that came with the trailer...showing all the different wild colors the Compact was available in? Why do we just see the tan bottom and white top model in the States...I've never seen a colored Compact II but have seen the Compact Jr. in various colors of green and red and yellow.
Hmmm. I'd love to hear more about yours and how you got it etc. When you have a free moment, get in touch via my email: bbuehler@osbar.org
Good luck on your sale. With the trailer in that condition, you should get your $3,000...don't go lower!!!!
Barbara
Old 04-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #6

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Quote:
Why do we just see the tan bottom and white top model in the States...I've never seen a colored Compact II but have seen the Compact Jr. in various colors of green and red and yellow.
Hmmm. I'd love to hear more about yours and how you got it etc. When you have a free moment, get in touch via my email: bbuehler@osbar.org
Good luck on your sale. With the trailer in that condition, you should get your $3,000...don't go lower!!!!
Barbara
Hey Barbara,
Nice to hear of another Compact II owner. While not a very strong color, mine is that light lime green on the bottom & white on the top. I don't think I've seen anything stronger than a red among the molds like ours though, while I've seen some strong colors among the Compact Jr molds (Dark Brown for instance). Of course, in a pic it's tough to tell if its an original color, or if it was painted... Anyway...
Joe