SOLD - 1976 Trillium 1300, $3500 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #21

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
I just sent you an email I think. I have never used this type of forum and am a little confulsed;
No worries, Mae. I got your PM (private message) also and replied to you from there.

Raya
Old 11-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #22

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Raya,

What made you choose the Boler over the Trillium? I am an admitted Trillium Fanboy (mostly because I can stand in 6'2' ceilings) so I am curious on your final decision. If you covered this in a previous post please point me to it.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #23

Hi Booker,

I'll send you a PM so as to keep this thread on track
Old 11-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #24

Quote:
I just sent you an email I think. I have never used this type of forum and am a little confulsed; however, we are interested in your camper. Could you tell us the total weight of the trailer and would the tires make it to Vermont. Also, I am asking if everything works. Is the fan in the roof a super fan. Also, is it a refrigerator or an ice box. Can an awning be put on this trailer?
Thank you
Mae,

I sent you a few PMs, but I'm not sure you received them (perhaps you were expecting an e-mail), so I'll answer your questions here:

1) The empty weight posted on the sticker inside the Trillium is 1095#. Keep in mind that this is before you load up with water, propane, stuff, etc. I'd figure more like 1400# with that, although you can control that some by packing light, filling water when you get there, going with only one propane tank, etc. You mentioned towing with a Subaru Forester. There is at least one Trillium owner on this forum who uses that combination. I would think you would want to get the trailer brakes hooked up and a controller on your car for long-term use; but that's not to say you would need that to get the trailer home. I towed it with a 4-cylinder Volvo wagon without trailer brakes. I would want brakes long-term, but was okay without them driving conservatively.

2) The tires were fine for my (1,000 mile) trip a month ago. The tread is good and the sidewalls look fine. I mention replacing them because I think all tires should be replaced after a certain age, regardless of wear. The former owners did not tow the trailer much, so the tires are some years "older" than their tread would indicate. Of course it's not possible to say for sure, but I would be comfortable towing it "home" and replacing the tires on home turf afterwards.

3) Everything works (or did when I last used it a month ago). The only thing I can't vouch for is the electric part of the refrigerator. I haven't used that mode and where I have the trailer stored there is no electricity available. (I should tow it somewhere and test that function.) The propane part of the refrigerator I can vouch for.

4) The roof vent is the original Trillium one. You can just see it as a dark square on the ceiling in one of my photos looking forward past the kitchen. The chain that you can see operates the vent - you pull it down and the vent opens. The vent is screened.

5) The cooling unit is a Dometic brand refrigerator and freezer; it operates on electricity or propane. I have the original manual for it in the trailer.

6) There isn't an awning, but one could be added; that's something many owners do. You typically mount a length of track on the roof and then mount the awning to that. They range from simple and inexpensive homemade ones to simple or more elaborate purchased ones.

I hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if I can help you with further information.

Raya
Old 11-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #25

Hmm, I can't figure out how to edit my original post in this topic, but I wanted to mention two things:

1) I'll be driving to my brother's place in Atlanta sometime within the next week or two (good thing I love driving ), so that's another "meet" option.

2) From some of the responses I've received, I'm not sure if people are sure how to contact me. You can either reply to the thread, or, you can send an e-mail or Private Message by clicking on my name at the upper left of my post and selecting from the drop down menu. I'm happy to exchange phone numbers after that in order to talk further.

Raya
Old 11-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #26

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
message sent
Old 11-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hello Raya L.,
How far west do you want to go?
M
Old 11-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Hello Raya L.,
How far west do you want to go?
M
I have a good friend in SF Bay, whom I'd love to visit, but I don't have any near-future plans to head out that way. I would deliver it out there for a price, but unless you for some reason just had to have my Trillium (which you probably don't), it probably wouldn't make sense.

Never hurts to check though! I do love a road trip, and I have friends scattered around the country whom I've love to visit -- a Trillium delivery trip would be a great "excuse" to do so. The only known destinations I have in the near future are NY/Maine area, Atlanta, and possibly Miami. And I could easily be talked into Indiana

Raya
Old 11-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #29

Hello Raya L.,
I sent you a pm.
I am interested in your trillium.
How long have you owned it?
I am on the other side of the continent.
I would not mind driving to meet you. I also had one quote for shipping that was almost worth not driving myself, but I have not gone further to see if the price is real.
I am also hoping that there might be an experienced member in your area who would be so generous as to give a second opinion on the condition if we are seriously considering meeting on the road.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #30

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft and Trillium 4500
Mitchell -

If you are not interested in shipping a trailer, I have a Scamp 13' I will be putting up tomorrow. It is in very nice condition and needs nothing. I am in LA.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #31

Hi, I'm in Fredericksburg, Va. Please give me a call at 540 373 9749. I am interested in your camper.

Jim
Old 11-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #32

Hi Jim,

I'll give you a call tomorrow morning (but not too early).

Raya
Old 11-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #33

Hello Raya L.
Thank you for the pm on the trillium.
I guess there is another member in your neck of the woods.
Although you were doubtful, I had the feeling there would be.
If you two do not come to an agreement, maybe I will be able to get the member's 2nd opinion.
M
Old 11-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #34

Although I've had some interest in the Trillium, no one's spoken for it yet, so it's still available. Although I'm probably not on the "beaten path" of any other Fiberglass rvers, I'm happy to provide detailed photos and a full rundown of the trailer's plusses and minuses to anyone who's specifically interested. I'm looking for a win/win sort of sale where everyone is happy and the buyer knows what she/he is getting and is happy with it.

Not that I'd mind anyone coming to check it over, I'm just saying that I'm at leaset three hours from anywhere (one reason I'm happy to meet up or deliver).

If I haven't sold it to someone from here by mid-week or so, I think I'll advertise it elswhere as well. (Once I decide to sell something, I want to sell it, not be in the process of trying for too long. On the other hand, I did want to offer it here first since this is such a great forum .)

Raya
Old 11-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #35

Trailer: 1973 Trillium
Send a message via AIM to georgia g
I have been watching your post since the first day. If I lived anywhere near you it would probably be gone by now. Timing is the problem. We are leaving on a cruise this morning and the day after we get back we leave for VT for Thanksgiving. That doesn't leave any time to negotiate a deal, make payment and pick it up. I am sure there will be another one out there with my name on it. If you don't sell it on this forum where will it be listed next? Craigslist, eBay? Thanks Georgia
Old 11-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #36

Hi Georgia,

Shoot, I was just in south Florida two weeks ago for a class (but I hadn't listed the trailer yet). If you weren't leaving today, I'd say let's talk on the phone and see what we could figure out (I've been contemplating taking another class at the same school), but it sounds like time may be too tight for that now.

I haven't decided for sure where I'll list it next, but I suppose Craigslist and eBay are the likely candidates.

I'm hoping someone buys it here though I sure wish there'd been one around here when I was looking, but nooOOOOOooo

Raya
Old 11-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #37

Trailer: 1973 Trillium
Send a message via AIM to georgia g
Quote:
Hi Georgia,

Shoot, I was just in south Florida two weeks ago for a class (but I hadn't listed the trailer yet). If you weren't leaving today, I'd say let's talk on the phone and see what we could figure out (I've been contemplating taking another class at the same school), but it sounds like time may be too tight for that now.

I haven't decided for sure where I'll list it next, but I suppose Craigslist and eBay are the likely candidates.

I'm hoping someone buys it here though I sure wish there'd been one around here when I was looking, but nooOOOOOooo

Raya
Old 11-19-2008, 04:20 AM   #38

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Quote:
Ah, I was wondering if there were any "car world" hubcaps that would fit the trailer rims. I'll have to see if I can find some. I agree that they make a trailer look better all out of proportion to what you'd think, since they're mostly cosmetic.

R.
We bought some baby moon (smoothie) hubcaps for our Trill from HubCap Mike this fall. They look great!
(We have the 13' bathroom model too...)
Old 11-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #39

Hi Connie, and thanks for the tip! I'd looked on Hubcap Mike's website but was a bit boggled at all the options. I guess I'll give him a call or send him an e-mail now that I know he's got some that are the right size. Baby Moons do have a nice, classic look.

So you have another 13' bathroom model Trillium? I wonder how many they made? I've seen photos of one other one (on the home page here but identified as a 4500 even though it's a 1300), and that had a slight difference from mine. (I think it was a year or so older, so maybe that's why.)

Whereas mine has a flat, level floor all the way forward from the dinette (so you walk from the main area into the bathroom all on one level floor), that one had the area that would have been "under the gaucho" in a regular model raised up about 5", so there was platform you would step up onto before going into the bathroom (and I suppose the bathroom was that much "shorter" as well).

Raya

PS: If any potential buyers have waded this far through the thread, I'd really like to sell this trailer soon! I'm not a big fan of "having things for sale" so once I decide to sell, I want it gone! She wants to find a happy new home

I also note that a few people mention having problems PM-ing me -- I'm not against exchanging phone numbers; I just wasn't sure I wanted to post them on the web. Just let me know here if you're having a problem, or aren't sure how to contact me, and we'll figure out how to get in touch.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #40

Hello Raya L.
As I said, I am here in SoCal.
If the trailer is as clean as it appears in the pics and if you have nothing to report as far as needed refurb., then I would definitely buy it from you. Distance is the only snag.
If your plans change as far as coming further west and you still have the trillium at that time, let me know.
M

Tags
trillium