SOLD - 1976 Trillium 1300, $3500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
For sale: 1976 Trillium 1300 Deluxe, bathroom model. $3500.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette_1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	16712

We're located about an hour east of Richmond, VA. I'm open to meeting someone partway or possibly delivering it, depending on what we worked out. I think I'm going to be driving up to Maine this weekend, and if so I could tow the trailer on the way up.

About the trailer: I'll start inside, in the front, and I'll sprinkle photos in as I go along :

This is the model with the "bathroom" in the front/left corner and a sort of "window seat" in the opposite corner (by the door). The bathroom is an actual room that you can go into and close a full-sized door. It has its own jalousie window (frosted glass) and a Porta-Pottie.

Name:	Bathroom_1.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	16713

To the right of the bathroom is a largish "window seat." The compartment door under this seat has two (original) drawers built into it.

Name:	Seat_1.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	16714

The kitchen has a propane/electric refrigerator, along with the two-burner stove and sink. The sink has a factory cover and there is also an additional "flip up" counter to the left of the kitchen.

Name:	Kitchen_and_bathroom.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	16711

There is a vented Duo-Therm propane furnace. This is the type that runs on propane only - I like them because they use no electricity and they are quiet (no fan to come on and wake one up in the night). I have the original manuals for all the appliances.

Continued below...
Old 11-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #2

There is a molded fiberglass shelf that runs around the ceiling above the dinette. The Ensolite is in good condition, and clean and white. Some of the trim could use the "toss in hot water" technique to straighten out the "wobbly-shrinkie" ripple effect.

Name:	Ceiling.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	16715

Another shot of the kitchen:

Name:	Kitchen_1.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	16716

Close up of the furnace:

Name:	<a title=Furnace.jpg Views: 106 Size: 78.0 KB ID: 16718" style="margin: 2px" />

Here are the manuals and documentation for the furnace, refrigerator, stove, and Porta-pottie, along with some other Trillium documents:

Name:	Manuals.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	16717

The inside fiberglass furniture is in good condition, although the carpet is a bit worn. This is the area under the dinette:

Name:	Under_dinette.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	16719

Continued below...
Old 11-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #3

I hope this isn't too ridiculously long-winded, but I know that I always want to see photos when I'm shopping

It may not have been obvious, but the furnace is beneath the kitchen, so the closet is storage top to bottom (three doors: a small one on top, the main large one, then a small one near the floor).

Name:	DSCF0117.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	16722

Name:	Dinette_and_closet.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	16721

Here's the 110v/12v converter:

Name:	Converter.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	16720

Next, the outside...
Old 11-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #4

Outside, there is a front window awning, two propane tanks, a spare tire, and built in stabilizer legs in the rear bumper. There is a window in the entry door to the trailer.

Name:	Colors.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	16725

The gelcoat is original (not painted). It's not glossy but also not "dull and dry." I think it could be be made glossier with a compounding/buffing. The previous owners got a bit zealous with the caulking around some of the windows, but it's not silicone, thank goodness (seems like an ordinary latex-type household caulk - I already removed most of it from the belly band). I'd say the outside is in decent condition, but it could use some TLC.

Name:	Left.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	16723

Name:	Right_qtr.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	16724

The tires held up fine for a 1,000 mile trip, but they are older and should probably be on the replacement docket. It needs hubcaps, as you can see. The trailer tows well with no signs of "hard" bouncing or sagging. As I understand it, there are electric brakes that are not hooked up (meaning they are there under the trailer). It tows fine without them but I mention it because they could probably be put into service again if someone wanted them. There is a 7-pin round plug for the car connection, and also an adapter so that one can use a four-pin flat connector (what my car has).

I don't believe there are any leaks, and there is no evidence that anyone has ever smoked in it (I'm a non-smoker.) The appliances work, and one could camp their way home in it. I have clear Virginia title.

As long-winded as this is, I've probably left out something. Feel free to PM or e-mail me with any questions, and we could always exchange phone numbers after that. I don't like to drag out a sale, holding out for a top price, so I've priced the trailer (what I think is) reasonably.

Raya
Old 11-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #5

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
the more, the better Raya.
you'll answer less questions this way. nice trailer, I like the corner biffy. rare in a 13' I think
Old 11-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Yes Scott the bathroom model is rare!! I wish we weren't worlds apart Raya, this looks very much like a trailer I could go for. It looks to be in remarkable shape and the price (for what I'm seeing in ypur posted pix) maybe is a l'il L O W !!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Yes Scott the bathroom model is rare!! I wish we weren't worlds apart Raya, this looks very much like a trailer I could go for. It looks to be in remarkable shape and the price (for what I'm seeing in ypur posted pix) maybe is a l'il L O W !!!!
I wish we weren't so far apart either, because I love coastal British Columbia! If I were Canadian, we'd be neighbors (err... neighbours) for sure.

I probably did price it a bit low. In retrospect, I hope that doesn't discourage anyone who thinks "Oh it can't be nice for that price." I just dislike the process of selling things, so I usually think to myself "Now what price would make the very first person who is interested in this buy it so that I can minimize this." Also, I'd rather just start with a fair price than aim high and then go through the process of picking out flaws, bargaining, etc. As long as I don't go into sales for a living I'll probably be okay

The bathroom is kind of neat. Contrary to what you'd think, it seems to make the trailer seem bigger for some reason. Maybe becuase there is an extra "room," or because the seat is in a niche that (because of the bathroom wall) seems to project forward from the rest of the accomodations? In looking at a "forward couch and bunks" model, it doesn't look as though you could fit the bathroom in the way they do. It must be something like the effect where you visit a construction site and see the slab for a house and it looks WAY too small to actually be a house, but then when they put the walls up it seems bigger.

Raya
Old 11-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #8

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I am very familiar with the bathroom model as one of the Eggers that has attended one or two of our meets out here has one. I believe yours MAY be a deluxe edition as it has front n rear overhead shelves. I'm told thats one way to tell a deluxe from a standard Egg. I know these shelves CAN be retro fitted as we were thinking of adding them to our egg and went and bought a pair.

We have decided NOT to opt for this add on so we still have the front n rear shelves kickin around here (somewhere)! Your thoughts on selling items sure mirrors mine....
Old 11-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #9

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Raya,
This is a real beauty. Yes it is priced way too low. I owned 3 Trillium's last year.
I sold 2 and kept my original 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe I found 6 years ago. If you don't get any buyers here, I sold both of my Trillium's with excellent results on EBAY MOTORS. I posted here 1st with no takeres. I think it's because most are either way out west or in distant areas of Canada.If you should go that way and need any advice, just let me know. My 1975 Trillium 1300 I sold to a nice couple who drove in from Toronto, Canada.

Dave in Michigan
"The Trillium King"
Old 11-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #10

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I am fairly certain that this is really a 4500 not a 1300.
Any thoughts?

If measured it should be 15' from tip to tip outside.

Ed
Old 11-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Any thoughts? If measured it should be 15' from tip to tip outside.
Ed
Hi Ed,

It's definitely a 1300. (I think this is the "bathroom makes it seem bigger" effect.)

Raya
Old 11-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #12

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Yep, definitely a 1300. The orange stripe is distinctive to the 1300 (4500's have a blue one) and the 4500 went with closed upper shelves front and rear, not open like this one has.

Beauty trailer Raya!
Old 11-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #13

Raya,
You were johnny on-the-spot to answer Ed Harris reply. Did you read mine yet? Thanks
Dave
"The Trillium King"
Old 11-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Any thoughts?

If measured it should be 15' from tip to tip outside.

Ed
Hi Ed,
How you doing????? It's been a while. This certainly is a 1300 for sure. It is too bad that it is just a porta-potti! I am sure that it could be converted to a fully self-contained toilet like the those big rv's and motorhomes. That is how mine was designed from the get-go. It handles about 10-12 gallons of waste.

Dave
"The Trillium King"
Old 11-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Raya,
You were johnny on-the-spot to answer Ed Harris reply. Did you read mine yet? Thanks
Dave
"The Trillium King"
Dave,

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you! I just thought you meant to get back to you if I were going to list the Trillium on eBay and wanted to ask you for advice.

I decided to list it here first because I wanted to offer it to someone in our FiberglassRV community before going "public." I know how I feel when something I might have liked to be able to buy outright is listed on eBay before I get the chance, and then I have to wait through the (sometimes nerve-wracking) auction process. I'd like to just sell it "person to person" if possible, although I might list it on eBay if no-one here purchases it.

Thanks for your offer of help.

Raya
Old 11-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #16

Thanks Raya! I thought I would have sold both here and this year I offered a 1976 13 foot Scamp, NO BITES!!!! I Sold that scamp for just under $4,000 on Ebay to a family of 4 from Penn. I would get some hub caps to enhance this little gem. 1977 & 1978 13" Ford Mustang hub caps fit these and I picked them up at a junk yard for $7.50 each. Get one for the spare too!
Dave
"The Trillium King"
Old 11-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #17

Quote:
I would get some hub caps to enhance this little gem. 1977 & 1978 13" Ford Mustang hub caps fit these
Ah, I was wondering if there were any "car world" hubcaps that would fit the trailer rims. I'll have to see if I can find some. I agree that they make a trailer look better all out of proportion to what you'd think, since they're mostly cosmetic.

R.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #18

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Yep, definitely a 1300. The orange stripe is distinctive to the 1300 (4500's have a blue one) and the 4500 went with closed upper shelves front and rear, not open like this one has.

Beauty trailer Raya!
My 4500 had the orange stripes.
I have also seen both with either open or closed shelving.

This is just the first 1300 I have seen with the Poop Closet, so to speak.

Ed
Old 11-12-2008, 01:27 PM   #19

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I just sent you an email I think. I have never used this type of forum and am a little confulsed; however, we are interested in your camper. Could you tell us the total weight of the trailer and would the tires make it to Vermont. Also, I am asking if everything works. Is the fan in the roof a super fan. Also, is it a refrigerator or an ice box. Can an awning be put on this trailer?
Thank you
Old 11-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #20

raya....i did it!
dave

Tags
trillium