SOLD-1976 Trillium 1300 for sale on e-bay - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Nancy,

Thanks for the report, and I'm happy to hear the the Trillium is so wonderful The sellers did come across as good people in the eBay listing.

Funny you should mention Grayton Beach. I went to see my brother over Christmas, and since co-worker was going the same way we rode together. The talk turned to RV camping and I mentioned that a friend and I had tried to plan a (somewhat last minute) trip to the Keys over the holidays but they were "full." I wondered about less populated areas of Florida and he specifically recommended Grayton Beach as a place he'd enjoyed. He made it sound really fabulous.

Can't wait to see and hear more about your new baby!
Raya...
I have some great pictures of Grayton Park. Would you like me to send them to you? I am not sure how much attachment space is allowed on the site so might need to send them to your personal email box.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:06 AM   #22

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Nancy,

I would love to see some photos of Grayton! I think you can e-mail me through my name at the upper left (Edit: Oops, I just checked and you can't do that; I thought I had it set so you could and I will try to change it). For now, would you mind just sending me a PM and we can exchange info there?

Thanks

R.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #23

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
I agree with the above factors resulting in a lower price. In addition, the refrigerator is rusted out (at least, according to the seller), and there is no furnace. The refrigerators are expensive, and the original no-electricity furnaces are very hard to find, so I'd say that knocks off $1000 right there. There is the Florida-potential-general-rust factor, and the potential for roof problems due to the AC (although it looked like the mount probably spread the weight adequately).

A paint job can be great, but more often... not so much. And if a "soft," (one-part) paint it can be a pain to re-paint, since you can 't put a good, "hard," two-part paint over it but instead need to remove it.

I would have been reluctant to go any higher myself without seeing it in person. Having it end right at Christmas time probably wasn't the best tactic on the sellers' part. Probably everyone bidding had the "everything usually looks better in photos and I'm bidding from just photos" issue. That makes a big difference.

I can't wait see/hear how it looks in person from NancyH128 . Hopefully it's very nice and she got a deal I don't think it was "crazy low," considering all of the factors; but definitely a very nice price; she can hardly have gone wrong!

Raya
Hi Raya L.,

Trillium's are ultra rare as you had one and sold it. I talked to you on a couple occasions to help you for Hub Caps. If you found a Trillium with just a shell and frame alone for under $2,000 would be a great deal. This Trillium has the "Original Factory Installed" custom molded A/C topper. With the A/c unit and topper puts the value at least $1,000 added to the total value. There is'nt going to be any issues for leakage. The frig is repairable for under $50.00. I had 3 buyers here in Michigan willing to pay me well over $4,000. I talked to Nancy prior to auctions close and backed-off on bidding. This was insane low selling price. Nancy in a couple years will potenially almost triple her small investment.
Thanks!
Dave
"The Trillium King"
Old 01-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #24

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I agree that Nancy got a great deal. I'm really excited for her But I'd also say that the trailer was worth exactly $1852 when/where/how it sold, or else it would have sold for more. Of course it would (and will) very probably be worth more if when Nancy sells it, if she cleans it up a bit, and, more importantly, markets it in a different way and at a different time of year/economy.

Trilliums are great trailers, and I'd like another one at some point. Hopefully when that time comes, someone will toss a painted one up on eBay, in my area, and with a really inconvenient ending time

I don't mean to drag the thread out, but you did kind of post to me personally, it seems, given the information you put in your post, so I feel I should respond. But we probably shouldn't extend this thread any more, since it's really a specific "for sale" ad. Perhaps if you want to discuss it more you could start a "Trillium value" thread?

Raya
Old 01-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #25

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Quote:
Yep
I am very excited. I'm leaving here in the Panhandle around 1 a.m. so I can get there by 9ish and be able to drive the trailer home in Daylight hours. I can hardly wait to get there. I'll fill you in on all the details in the coming weeks.

I am officially an egg owner!

congratulations, nancy!! sure looks like you made a nice purchase....it appears to be clean and well kept, and basically ready to camp in!! you lucked out....
ENJOY!!

Tags
trillium