SOLD ~ 1977 Leo Craft in AZ - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #1

Trailer: Play Pac
SOLD ~ 1977 Leo Craft in AZ

Well. I've never heard about this one but I like it!

travel trailer 1977

I can't post the pics from my iPad. Please help someone.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
13 foot?

I gotta say that from the outside pic at least, it looks really big for a 13 footer - more like a 15-17 and the weight (just a hair under 3,000#) is REALLY high for a 13
Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #3

Trailer:
Maybe 13 feet is the body length, not the trailer length?
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #4

Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Registry
Finally another 17ft Leocraft

Hi Camilla! My wife & I are excited to see another trailer like ours. So far we have the only other Leocraft on this site. ( as far as we know ) What you see is a 17ft Leocraft made by Leocraft Industries a subsiduary of Monarch Ind. in Manitoba Canada where the trailers were made. From the pictures it looks identical to our front dinette corner washroom model. If you want to see the brochure describing the Leocraft , we posted the brochure on the registry along with before and after pics of our trailer 'stubby'. Stubby is on page 23 or 24 in the trailer registry. If you want more info please don't hesitate to ask as we enjoy as others do sharing. Dennis & linda Schultz
Old 01-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #5

That is interesting! You should contact the sellers and give them your info so whoever buys it can contact you! It really looks nice and I wish it was mine! On the main page of fiberglassrv it doesn't have the Leocraft listed. You should get it up there and post some photos so the next person that comes along will know what it is. How many of these did they make anyway?
Old 01-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #6

Ontario
Registry
Re Leocraft Trailer

Not sure how many units were produced.Our information comes from the brochure that was sent to us from the archives of Triple E RV which bought out Leocraft Industies before they stopped production plus someone that worked at Monarch Ind, when it still owned Leocraft Ind.
If you have checked the brochure we posted on our garage, you'll see that there were other products produced as well, including 2 mobile homes plus a 13ft which we have seen already posted on this sight.
As to contacting the other Leocraft owners, we have no information about them. We are aware that there is no listing for Leocraft on the Home page. Not sure as to what has to be done to get it there but we are not alone. There are a number or FGRV manufacturers that could be listed and are not. Perhaps space does not permit. In any case it is interesting how many people have taken interest in viewing our 'Stubby' in the registry. Dennis & Linda
Old 01-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schultz View Post
We are aware that there is no listing for Leocraft on the Home page. Not sure as to what has to be done to get it there but we are not alone. There are a number or FGRV manufacturers that could be listed and are not. Perhaps space does not permit.
The last I heard the software to fix it was broken and it appears there doesn't seem to be in real interest if fixing it or trying something else...
Old 01-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #8

Ontario
Registry
Broken Software / Lack of Interest

Sorry to hear that Donna. Thanks for the info anyway!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
There was a Leo Craft covered in weeds in a farmers yard not far from the Sons of Norway Campground near Mission that we use for our trailer meet ups. Last summer it was noted by one of our group it was gone! They had seen it there the year before and had gone to talk to the property owner a week before our meet last summer but there was no one home so they thought they would try again the week-end of our meet..... to late - they could still see the tire marks where it had been dragged out of the field!

We were all left wondering who managed to snag it????
Old 01-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #10

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
SOLD..

to ME!!!!!

I am "Back in Glass"

More later, I haven't even seen it myself. Fred Simson acted as my buyer/agent guy and picked it up this evening. I hope he has pictures.

It is not without its problems, but that's to be expected..I didn't pay near his asking either :-P I am very thrilled to find out it's double hulled! Just like my beloved Burro!

I have to go down and pick it up from Quartzsite next week.. stay tuned!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina D. View Post
SOLD..

to ME!!!!!

I am "Back in glass

Hip hip... Hoorayyyyyyy! Congratulations! I'm jealous! Nice buy! More photos!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #12

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Gina it will be soooooo nice to have you back in glass!!

Congrats
Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #13

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
By sheer co-inky Dink, I saw this ad about 15 mins after he put it in. I was looking for a larger vintage rig than the one I am in now, and really didn't have any hope of finding a glass one in my price range.

I called him immediately and started a dialogue of sorts with him. I won't tell the whole long sorted story.. but I can tell you when this referral went in my heart sank. Because he had it listed so oddly, I didn't think the glass folks would ever find it! I thought for sure once it got listed here it would be gone.

After much co-ordination and generosity among friends and employers.. Fred is trying to get the lights working as I type.

It needs some fiberglass glass attention and some mods to be undone or redone correctly, and the awning material is missing. (I have one already.. no biggie.. I'll just swap the whole thing) All the appliances DO work..amazing..

so.. I am looking forward to a remodel and repair and a new home back in the comfy world of Fiberglass!

I am a control freak and you have NO idea how nervous I was about buying something sight unseen. I trust Freds opinion tho, and am grateful for his efforts! I am sure he was gritting his teeth over my telephone remote controlling while he was looking at it