SOLD: 1977 Scamp for sale soon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Hi. We purchased a 1977 13' Scamp in the Spring of 2006. We have taken it all over the southwest as well as the west coast and really enjoyed it. However, we are planning to sell it now because we have decided we would like something a bit more rugged with larger beds and more floor space.

When we bought the Scamp in 2006 it was not in the greatest condition. We completely renovated and repainted the inside, redid and simplified the wiring, installed a ceiling fan, installed new carpet on the walls, and added new curtains.

The outside has a new axle, new tires, and will soon have a new jack.

The body and interior are in very good condition, especially for a 30 year old trailer.

We plan to take it on one more trip and should have it completel ready to sell by early to mid August 2007. We will post pictures by then. We have not yet decided on an asking price. In the mean time if anyone has a suggestion of a fair price or anyone has an interested in buying, please answer this post. We live very near Sacramento, CA.

I forgot to mention that the scamp also has dual propane. There is a refrigerator, stove and sink.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 2003 16 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe Side Dinette
Chris,

In my experience, a 30 year old Scamp in good condition with everything working sells for about 40% of the current new price of a similarly equipped Scamp. Get the current prices, add in all of your options, and multiply by 40% to get a good starting point price. If condition is extra nice, maybe a bit more. If not so nice (again, everything still works), a bit less. You can also check eBay and check on "Completed Listings" to see what they have sold for.

Good luck!

John
Old 07-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Chris please let me know when it's near ready. Do you have any pics? Inside and out? Thanks so much
And also, what is it's weight? No Air conditioner?
Thanks
Jeanette
Old 07-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Thanks for your interest. I don't have any pictures just now, but I will get some posted of both the inside and outside in the next few weeks. I don't know the exact weight, but the current Scamps are 1000 pounds. Ours would be a bit more than that as we have a few things the base model does not--a furnace, brakes, and one additional propane tank.

There is no air conditioner, only a furnace.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #5

Thanks, please keep me posted.
Jeanette
Old 07-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #6

HEy Chris, PLease let me know when it is ready. I live 30 miles from sac and come up to take a look pretty easily. I have been searching for the right trailer for a while so let me know. Thanks

email
Old 07-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #7

Very interested and would like to come see. Please let me know if still available.
Located in Dixon
Thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 AM   #8

Trailer: 1970 Campster
Hi! I may be interested in your Scamp if you've determined a price and will have it available for sale in early August. Please send pics at your soonest convenience.
Thanks!
Lisa
Email me through this board.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #9

Hi, I am very interested in your trailer. Please email me when you have a price and are ready to sell. Thank you. Judy

You can email me through this board.

Tags
scamp