Bought a new trailer... time to sell the Trill.
4500, 15 foot fibreglass trailer. Overall in very good condition.
No issues with exterior fibreglass or gel coat. Every window, vent, hatch, belly band, awning
rail, etc. removed, cleaned/lubricated/repaired and reinstalled with fresh butyl caulking spring ’07.
All easily accessible frame sanded, primed and rust painted spring ’07. (This includes the entire tongue area with battery
shelves all the way down and under the front belly, as well as the entire rear bumper and frame extending under the rear fibreglass.)
Good tread remaining on running tires
, and full tread on spare. Brand new chrome 14” “baby moon” style wheel covers added to rims and spare spring ’07. Hubs include factory brake drums with factory wiring.
Brand new exterior door hinges from Team Trillium
Manufacturing spring ’07. All attachment hardware was replaced at that time. The door has NO sag and operates as new. I have a brand new aluminum drip cap for above the door. New foam weather sealing insulation added to door frame at that time… water tight.
Trailer has a 1 7/8” trailer ball coupler and a 7-pin wiring harness. Tongue framework houses a 20lb propane
cylinder w/regulator and original vinyl “Trillium” logo tank cover. It also houses a 12 volt battery
with box and new wiring.
Rear bumper has a left and right stabilizer jack mounted to it. As well it includes a centre mounted 2” receiver to accommodate a hitch mounted style cargo carrier.
All marker lights
were replaced with new units spring ’07, and tail light
sockets were replaced as well.
A brand new exterior entrance door light
was installed spring ’07.
A “roll on” style rock chip protectant was applied to the lower front section of the belly spring ’07.
The interior of the trailer has sleeping accommodations for 4 via a four seat dinette which converts to a double bed, and a front couch which transforms into bunk beds. This makes for comfortable sleeping for two adults and two children.
The interior is in very good condition with cushions replaced by a previous owner. These cushions… with sturdy fabric uppers and vinyl undersides are very acceptable, clean and dry. Brand new curtains were added this summer. They are a heavy fabric… with lining… and coordinate well with the cushions.
Interior amenities include a 3-way Dometic refrigerator
w/small freezer section; a 3-burner propane
stovetop; stainless steel sink with hand pump for 10 gallon reservoir, and faucet; a Dometic propane furnace
; and an AC/DC converter. There is a 3-bulb 12 volt light
fixture above the sink as well as 4 other 12 volt interior lights
. All of the above mentioned items are tested and fully functioning. The converter houses a single 110 volt grounded receptacle. There are also two other double 110 volt household style receptacles… one adjacent to the sink area and one next to the dinette table.
The interior dinette table can comfortably seat two or four people with the addition of a removable table extension. For additional workspace there is a movable platform which installs atop the sink, as well as a flip up shelf next to the stovetop.
Abundant storage space in the form of drawers, cubbies and lockers throughout.
These are the things I would tend to if I were to keep her…
1. Some of the interior vinyl “seam” trim has distorted over the years. It should be removed, soaked in hot water, stretched and replaced.
2. All old flooring has been stripped off down to fibreglass gel coat so floor is bare and not yet recovered. (I couldn’t decide what to put down.)
3. Like most of these trailers this one at some time in the past suffered from water infiltration. The plywood sub floor therefore has suffered some dry rot. I honestly do not believe any of it affects the structural safety of the trailer. There is still plenty of “meat” in the wood where it counts. All walked on surfaces are sound, as well as all points where bolts pass through floor and into metal frame below. There is one spot underneath the dinette seat that was soft right through the plywood. I removed the bad wood and left it as is… a cosmetic issue… not structural
4. The left side stabilizer jack no longer stays in the “up” position on it’s own. I have added springs to hold it up when not in use.
5. As I said above, I have done some painting
of the frame. I have not, however, crawled underneath or removed the wheels to paint
6. Although the factory brake hubs and wiring are in place, the brakes
themselves were never installed.
7. I, as the previous owners, have not bothered to “mount” the spare. I toss it in the car instead.
I think that’s it!