NY SOLD 1978 Trillium 4500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #1

Name: Johnny
Trailer: Eriba Puck
New York
SOLD 1978 Trillium 4500

I am selling my 1978 Trillium 4500 and I am asking $5000.

It is in very good condition considering its age. Everything works perfectly, no major problems. The trailer has a factory added "bump" in the roof and there is another skylight in that bumped up area. I am assuming that the bump was to fit an A/C unit but I'm not really sure.But with the added bump, it does allow me, at 6'2", to be able to stand up in it which is nice.

The axle has been upgraded to a beefier axle. The axles that came standard with Trillium was, in some people's eyes, lacking. So the past owner put something more husky onto it. There is an awing with it as you can see in the last photo attached.

The pictures pretty much tell the whole story. I believe that the price is fair thus I am firm on the price. If you have any questions, please contact me at 5I8-23I-O8OO only since I don't check my emails or PMs that often. I am in the Albany NY area. The trailer is registered and titled to me and ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium 01.jpg   Trillium 02.jpg  

Trillium 03.jpg   Trillium 04.jpg  

Old 05-27-2015, 08:10 AM   #2

New York
more photos

more photos
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium 05.jpg   Trillium 06.jpg  

Trillium 07.jpg   Trillium 08.jpg  

Old 05-27-2015, 08:12 AM   #3

New York
more photos

If anyone was wondering, I am selling the trailer because I got an Eriba Puck and I am working on that now.
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium 09.jpg   Trillium 10.jpg  

Trillium 11.jpg   Trillium 13.jpg  

Old 05-27-2015, 08:40 AM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Nice, very nice. Kinda confusing from my perspective though. I was going to say your Trillium is likely a 1977, (door window doesn't open, orange stripe and decals, the fabric on the cushions). But your fridge is an RM36 and the kitchen sticks out to accommodate it. That is a 1978, and later, feature. If you care to share a picture of the data sheet that should be on the inside of your closet, then that would help clarify where your Trillium fits. Then I will add your trailer to the serial number list.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post521768

Also, instead of a second door on the gaucho, you have a fabric bin, weird. The breaker panel is also interesting. The converter usually acts as the main breaker.

While you don't have the fall restraint bar for the upper bunk, the block of wood is installed under the ensolite to install it.

The bump, (what I call a saddle) on your roof is definitely for an AC unit. But you don't have the kitchen support that usually goes with AC on a Trillium.

I am really interested in the exterior access to the gaucho. It appears to be curved to fit the front corner in the trailer. Did you do that? Or, did you buy it that way?

Not that I think you will have any trouble selling you trailer, but the T-molding in your trailer is bumpy. That can be fixed by pulling it off, (it snaps back on) and boiling it. That softens it up and lets you smooth it out.

I have never seen a tank cover like that. Very nice.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #5

New York
The title says it's a 1978. VIN# 45-113029 but I can't find it anywhere on the trailer....which is strange.

The data sheet isn't there

There is no second door to the gaucho. The gaucho storage area is sectioned off, one section can be gotten to via the interior door and the second section can be gotten to by either lifting up the seat and removing a board or via the exterior door. The exterior access was there when I purchased it. Is this normal?

You're correct about the T-molding and if I was keeping it, I would fix it because both inside and the exterior molding could use help.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #6

Alberta
Registry
OK, that would be the oldest 4500 on the list. I have 45-1100036 or the 36th 4500 ever built. I am not sure if that one is a 1977 or 1976. I am not sure when they started making them.

As far as I know, the only place that the serial number appears on a 4500 is on the data sheet on the inside of the closet door. Your serial number is missing a digit. 45-1130029 is probably what would have been the orignal number. The meaning of the space that the 3 in your serial number occupies is not understood. Typically this would be a 0. So another guess for your serial number would be 45-1103029, but since the newest 4500 on the list is 45-1101754, that would be way too big. Also, your trailer would have gap in the gaucho that I call an "almost dinette". Your trailer will go on the list as 14-1130029.

The exterior access on the front road side is not like anything I have ever seen before either. With the curve in the door fitting the curve of the trailer, it almost looks custom made. Could you please post closeup pictures of it open, and closed, as well as the divider? (I know I am being demanding, sorry).

Trillium was open to customization, and your trailer has a couple of things I have never seen before. Maybe the big kitchen was developed just for your trailer.

For potential buyers, It would be comparatively easy to add roof top air conditioning to this Trillium.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:21 PM   #7

New York
I am including a video.

This is the story that I got when I purchased the trailer.... The gentleman from whom I purchased is a fine and honest fellow. He treated the trailer in a worthy manner.... the story he told me was that this trailer was once owned by the owner of Trillium. This is a story I do NOT endorse but having unique items on this trailer makes me wonder if the story that was told to him (and me) has some grain for truth to it. I do not doubt that the story told to me was the story told to him but I don't often put much stock in such stories. But this one has me thinking...

Okay, this trailer may be unique among Trillium trailers and I accept that and the story may (or may not) be true. None the less, I still only value it at $5000. But the buyer will be getting a unique Trillium trailer
Attached Files
Old 05-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #8

New York
A photo of the Title with the VIN number. Again, I have searched throughout the trailer for some markings that would give an ID, production date or something. There is nothing.
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium 14.jpg  
Old 05-27-2015, 01:54 PM   #9

Alberta
Registry
Thank you very much! That door and hinge assembly looks very custom. In fact, it looks like they cut the door out of the shell and added a lip around the edge. Is the door fibreglass? It also looks like there is a door switch on the right hand side of the frame. What does that do? Operate a light? Oh, I am so full of questions.

Where does the vehicle plug enter the trailer? On mine it would be on the floor in the middle of your access hatch. It looks like wires come up and into that breaker box. If those are 12 VDC, that would be a no no.

Your trailer is quite an enigma to me. Were I richer, and had my wife not forbidden me from buying any more Trilliums, I would be driving there right now.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:08 AM   #10

Alberta
Registry
After thinking about it, I think that the breaker inside the cargo door is for the DC supply from the tow vehicle. Breakers don't care much about the voltage, just the current. The standard setup is to have a couple of inline fuses instead. A breaker is a way better, (and more expensive) solution.

Givin what I have seen in these pictures, I think the idea that this trailer belonged to the owner of Trillium is not too far fetched.

I bet that there are a number of features on this trailer that would have been much too expensive to try and sell to the public.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #11

New York
You're correct, that breaker box is for the DC from the tow vehicle. There is also a wire going out that supplies power for a light in the gaucho area (just above the door).
Old 05-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #12

New York
I have taken a retainer on the trailer and the he has the right of first refusal on the trailer. So he may or may not purchase it..... but the retainer isn't refundable, he is driving from the west coast to the east coast to look at it, he has been looking for 18 months for a trillium 4500 and he likes what he sees in my photos.

So this trailer is pretty much sold but the final deed will not be done until he takes time off of work and drives many many miles. Thank you everyone
Old 06-10-2015, 11:19 PM   #13

New York
This has been SOLD.

It is now headed west for a new home. Thank you everyone.

Tags
trillium