MD sold 1984 U-Haul CT-13 for sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #1

Name: Turtle
Trailer: U-Haul
Maryland
sold 1984 U-Haul CT-13 for sale

While I regret having to do it, it's time to sell my 1984 U-Haul CT-13. I purchased this unit direct from the U-Haul center in Takoma Park, Maryland in 1991 or so when they got rid of the last of them. All they had left were units that had been parted out or vandalized... all of the complete units were already gone. I made them a deal for the best of what was left, as well as enough parts to put a good one together, and took it home and reassembled it.

Used it for maybe eight or nine years, but it has been stored in the barn since then and I realized I'll probably never get to use it again.

The unit is complete but varies from original as follows:

- Evaporative AC unit removed and replaced with a conventional powered fan vent.
- Carpet replaced with looks-like-original
- Dinette removed and set up permanently as bed (I no longer have the table and post; it was cracked and we never used it)
- Covers for storage been remade from new plywood
- New lighting added over the bed area
- Exterior Signal-Stat lenses were almost all broken or missing, all replaced
- 3rd wheel/stand replaced
- Door seal replaced
- wired for modular plug rather than U-Hauls loose wires

It has been stored in my barn since around 2002, not used or inspected. Curtains and cushions are all in good shape and original; beds are fine. Hitch and chains in perfect shape. Stove works but somewhere one of the burner grates turned up missing. Overhead light and fan work (or did when we last used them). Solar panel/charging system worked well when stored. Battery long since removed and recycled. Fiberglass finish clean but dusty. Icebox only, never installed a refrigerator.

It'll need:

- Upgrade of LP system. This still has the old connections and they're no longer allowed to be used. There's an empty tank on it, but again, it's the old style and can no longer be refilled.
- Tuneup/possible rebuild of furnace. It worked decently when we last needed it, but don't assume it'll fire.
- Probably needs tires. One has a slow leak.
- Check for leaks. Still has all the original window track linings and they get tired and leak.

Will post images of it. Was in the barn today but didn't think to take pictures.

This unit trails well and went to Cape Hatteras, the Blue Ridge, coastal Maine and the Adirondacks over the years. No problem towing it with my old 4-cylinder Volvo wagon.

The unit is located near Harper's Ferry, West Virginia on the west edge of the DC/Baltimore metro area. With inspection and plates, you can have this out camping this spring or summer with no problem.

I've read around and seen prices for these all over the place. I'll start it at $3500 and we can talk from there. I need to sell this fairly soon as I may not have the barn for much longer. Email me for more information, and I'll post images this week.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:15 PM   #2

Name: sue
Trailer: 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Hi, we're interested in your u-haul. Anxious to see pictures. Would you say that it's towable?
Tires OK?
Thanks Sue
SnLGilman@gmail.com
Old 01-04-2015, 03:57 AM   #3

Name: andrea
Trailer: currently shopping
Florida
Post pics

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #4

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrench5 View Post
Post pics
Answer to your request. (read his listing complete )
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtle View Post
I've read around and seen prices for these all over the place. I'll start it at $3500 and we can talk from there. I need to sell this fairly soon as I may not have the barn for much longer. Email me for more information, and I'll post images this week.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:22 PM   #5

Name: Jeff
Trailer: In the Market
Maryland
Tax returns are coming soon and I'm in the market to buy something but would like to see pictures of this!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #6

Name: Gary
Trailer: looking for project
Maryland
What is up with this

Is it still for sale?
Old 02-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #7

Name: Amber
Trailer: In the Market
New York
Your Camper

Hello, could you please tell me if your camper is still available?

Amber
Old 02-17-2015, 09:28 PM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Considering no answer from seller, I would suspect it is already sold. Many times people will join and post their trailer for sale, but then not stop back to let us know its sold. If they are not answering this post or private messages, it is likely sold.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtle View Post
While I regret having to do it, it's time to sell my 1984 U-Haul CT-13. I purchased this unit direct from the U-Haul center in Takoma Park, Maryland in 1991 or so when they got rid of the last of them. All they had left were units that had been parted out or vandalized... all of the complete units were already gone. I made them a deal for the best of what was left, as well as enough parts to put a good one together, and took it home and reassembled it.

Used it for maybe eight or nine years, but it has been stored in the barn since then and I realized I'll probably never get to use it again.

The unit is complete but varies from original as follows:

- Evaporative AC unit removed and replaced with a conventional powered fan vent.
- Carpet replaced with looks-like-original
- Dinette removed and set up permanently as bed (I no longer have the table and post; it was cracked and we never used it)
- Covers for storage been remade from new plywood
- New lighting added over the bed area
- Exterior Signal-Stat lenses were almost all broken or missing, all replaced
- 3rd wheel/stand replaced
- Door seal replaced
- wired for modular plug rather than U-Hauls loose wires

It has been stored in my barn since around 2002, not used or inspected. Curtains and cushions are all in good shape and original; beds are fine. Hitch and chains in perfect shape. Stove works but somewhere one of the burner grates turned up missing. Overhead light and fan work (or did when we last used them). Solar panel/charging system worked well when stored. Battery long since removed and recycled. Fiberglass finish clean but dusty. Icebox only, never installed a refrigerator.

It'll need:

- Upgrade of LP system. This still has the old connections and they're no longer allowed to be used. There's an empty tank on it, but again, it's the old style and can no longer be refilled.
- Tuneup/possible rebuild of furnace. It worked decently when we last needed it, but don't assume it'll fire.
- Probably needs tires. One has a slow leak.
- Check for leaks. Still has all the original window track linings and they get tired and leak.

Will post images of it. Was in the barn today but didn't think to take pictures.

This unit trails well and went to Cape Hatteras, the Blue Ridge, coastal Maine and the Adirondacks over the years. No problem towing it with my old 4-cylinder Volvo wagon.

The unit is located near Harper's Ferry, West Virginia on the west edge of the DC/Baltimore metro area. With inspection and plates, you can have this out camping this spring or summer with no problem.

Be happy to pick it up any time for the 3500

Tags
u-haul