SOLD - 1985 Bigfoot 5th wheel and tow vehicle for sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel
I have set up an online album with pictures of both the truck and trailer for anyone interested, just message me and I'll give you the link.

Here's what is for sale...

A 1989 Ford F150 extended cab with 185,700 kms on it in very good condition with fairly new tires. The truck has the 5th wheel and trailer package including a rear bumper ball and an adapter harness which allows you to pull other trailers with it. It also has air, cruise, tilt, and dual tanks. It has passed the "out of province inspection" with flying colours last summer having only an exhaust manifold leak which I had repaired. It has a new battery, installed last summer.

The trailer is a 1985 Bigfoot 20' 5th wheel single axle with all the usual amenities. It is in pretty good shape and the tires though old have good tread and no sign of cracking. I've installed a new battery and replaced the carpet floor with new underlay and tile flooring. New vent caps were put on the roof last year. A wireless back-up camera was mounted on the rear. The front and rear clearance lights were replaced.

The roof panel in the bathroom has rotted a bit around the vent sometime in the past, this vent has been recaulked up top and no longer leaks. The toilet was replaced last year. There are a number of small things that I planned to repair if I had decided to keep this unit but will leave for the new owner. I've taken pictures of these items and will include those in the file I'll send to anyone interested.

The one major item the trailer needs is a new power converter. The breakers, wiring and fuses are all good but the old coverter is not charging the battery. I used a trickle charger for the week holiday I had last year and it worked ok but a proper converter would be best.

The awning is pretty stained but works fine. It has one worn area near the door from the door rubbing on it. Ive never noticed a leak though.

I'd recommend having the brakes and bearings checked. I never did get around to looking at them.

Price... $8500.00 for the trailer, $250.00 for the 5th wheel hitch if you want to remove it from the truck, $1200.00 for the truck. or.... $9500.00 for the whole package.

The truck and hitch are not for sale until the trailer goes in case I have to deliver it locally
Please contact me with any questions, I want to represent this unit honestly and will take more photos if needed.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:27 AM   #2

Update...

This trailer and truck is still available. Since placing this ad I've had many inquiries but no takers. I've since patched the bathroom ceiling and repainted it and repaired several of the small items I hadn't gotten around to earlier. I've tested the power converter and charger and find the charger is putting out a charge. Personally I'd still put in a stronger charge unit, this one doesn't keep up with the drain very well. I've been told my father did have the brakes and bearings done not that long ago.

Obviously I've priced this unit too high so...
New price.. Trailer - $7000.00
Truck with hitch - $1000.00

Email for the photo link if interested.
thanks
Scott
Old 05-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Scott do you still have trailer and what is the link to pictures.

Glenn
Old 05-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Scott do you still have trailer and what is the link to pictures.

Glenn
Glenn, I sent it to you in a message.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:05 PM   #5

Final price reduction...

Trailer is now $6000.00

Truck and hitch $1000 if sold with trailer.

Cash only, firm price. I'll keep it for my own use if it doesn't go at this price.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #6

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Scott, you might get more interest if you include some pictures in your ads or at least the link to your pictures. I think people want to get an idea of what it looks like before they take the step of sending an email even to ask for a link. Our old 1984 Bigfoot 5th wheel sold quickly last month and I think pictures helped. We had pictures on this forum but it was actually purchased by a local buyer who saw it on our Craig's List ad, which also had pictures.

For anybody out there looking, we love this model! We are now enjoying our 1987. The nice big bed is wonderful, the table is nice and roomy even when we had three kids camping with us, and it tows like a dream. It has nice high ceilings so even my tall hubby is quite comfortable. It's a shame that Bigfoot stopped making these, because they are lightweight, but the layout makes them much more comfortable than our old 17' foot was.

Scott, good luck with your sale!

Maureen
Old 06-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #7

Thanks Maureen, a great suggestion for sure. I actually have two buyers lined up for it right now. I expect it will be sold before next week and then I'll be on the market for a 13' fiberglass for my own use. Much better for me since I generally camp alone and my parking area is awful tight for this 5th wheel. I'm hoping to find a fixer up one to work on over the winter. I found I enjoyed working on this one.

I've got an older Dakota being given to me this fall which should be wonderful for pulling a Boler or Trillium.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #8

Truck and trailer are both sold!

Time to shop...

Old 06-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #9

Trailer: 85 Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel
We just bought this and are pretty excited to get out in it!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Those poor people who only look in their local newspaper... they don't know how many trailer are sold between members here on FiberglassRV

Congratulations to both buyer and seller

Tags
bigfoot