SOLD 1986 Big Foot - 18 foot on EBAY - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #21

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Quote:
You put the bid in for $2,500? I still think becuse the way it was listed it will be looked over by many, many people. Now if they listed it as "Big Foot, Trillium, Boler, Scamp, Burro" it would be a different story for sure. Looks like you took my advice, and went for it. I live Michigan, no way for me. There is no way that this will get to $4,500!!!!!!!!! I think you may get for under $3,000!
Dave
Wasn't me Dave, someone else found it and put the opening bid.
We'll see where it goes.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Old 01-12-2008, 12:39 AM   #22

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
I don't have an e-bay account. I was wondering if someone who does could ask this gentleman which holding tank is 100 gallons? I'm curious as I have never seen an 18' trailer, by any manufacturer, with a 100 gal holding tank. Black? Grey? Fresh? If one of them is 100 gallons, what size are the others? Or is it one big fresh/grey/black holding tank? If so, might I suggest boiling and straining.
I talked to the guy, It is'nt his, he is selling it for a friend who thought he said it was 100 gallons. I said it is more like 15 -20 gallon I bet. He has'nt been able to get back on that, but no biggie I think.!
Dave
Old 01-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #23

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
I have a good bit of experience with what Florida does to vehicles and I see enough evidence that makes me think it has been down there for awhile. I'm not convinced it would be that easy a clean-up.

I'm with Greg on this one. If it's been in Florida since it was new, the frame could be paper-thin in places, particularly around the spring-hanger brackets/shackles. I don't think I'd be bidding on this one unless I had someone who was able to do a first-hand looky-see for me.

Roger
Old 01-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #24

Quote:
I'm with Greg on this one. If it's been in Florida since it was new, the frame could be paper-thin in places, particularly around the spring-hanger brackets/shackles. I don't think I'd be bidding on this one unless I had someone who was able to do a first-hand looky-see for me.

Roger
Roger & Greg,
That is one very "GOOD" critical point. The 3 Trilliums I owed and still own my original 1978 Trillium Deluxe from over 5 years were all from Michigan. So when I used a wire brush, sanded, and dusted all 3 frames were close to 100%. With that Florida SALT AIR Corrison would be a real issue. . But if it has'nt been there it's whole life than that's a different thing. If the frame is sound this 1 bidder is getting one hell of a deal, if it's like paper, than he could be doomed!
Dave in Michigan
Old 01-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #25

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
nice camper... is anybody in this thread bidding on it ?
Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #26

Well,
There must have been a lot of "Watchers". The auction ended with 15 bids and Sold for $3,801.00. If the frame is sound, they got a great deal I think!
Dave in Michigan
Old 01-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #27

Quote:

Well,
There must have been a lot of "Watchers". The auction ended with 15 bids and Sold for $3,801.00. If the frame is sound, they got a great deal I think!
Dave in Michigan
Nothing happens on Ebay till the last hour or even less.

I was within $700 of where it went with my $4500 estimate at the top of the page. Someone would have won a hot dog and beer at Quartzite gathering if they called me on it.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #28

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft
I will keep you posted on its condition.I pick it up next week.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #29

Quote:
I will keep you posted on its condition.I pick it up next week.
Congratulations Ronald! Looks to be a very good buy. Lots of pics for us.......
Old 01-15-2008, 07:14 AM   #30

Quote:
I will keep you posted on its condition. I pick it up next week.
Ron
Congratulations! Why didn't you mention earlier that you may bid on this GEM? Are you going to get rid of your Uhaul? Did you see it on Ebay before I brought it up to our Forum? I normally punch in Trillium...then Boler...then Burro... then Uhaul on Ebay Motors to see if any are listed. Sometimes I will enter Fiberstream, Bigfoot, and Scamp. This one would not have come up. I looked at every single Travel Trailer over 16 pages and fell into this one and posted it. I sold my last 2 Trilliums on Ebay Motors with great success and a ton of bids and watchers this past year. The way this was listed, I honestly am surprised that it got beyond $3,000. I see we live pretty close. Lucky you... that you are able to drive down to pick-up this BEAUTY! Keep me posted on the condition, my gut is the frame is just surface rust and you just just got a HELL of a DEAL! Drive safe and don't forget your "Radar Detector"
Dave in Michigan
Old 01-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #31

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft
Quote:
Ron
Congratulations! Why didn't you mention earlier that you may bid on this GEM? Are you going to get rid of your Uhaul? Did you see it on Ebay before I brought it up to our Forum? I normally punch in Trillium...then Boler...then Burro... then Uhaul on Ebay Motors to see if any are listed. Sometimes I will enter Fiberstream, Bigfoot, and Scamp. This one would not have come up. I looked at every single Travel Trailer over 16 pages and fell into this one and posted it. I sold my last 2 Trilliums on Ebay Motors with great success and a ton of bids and watchers this past year. The way this was listed, I honestly am surprised that it got beyond $3,000. I see we live pretty close. Lucky you... that you are able to drive down to pick-up this BEAUTY! Keep me posted on the condition, my gut is the frame is just surface rust and you just just got a HELL of a DEAL! Drive safe and don't forget your "Radar Detector"
Dave in Michigan

I did not mention my bidding so as not to encourage others to bid.I actually stumbled on the link to the auction on the Uhaul site.The timing of the auction was great as I was flying to Florida with my brother next week to pick up a Motorhome that he purchased off of Ebay.We will tow it home with his Diesel Pusher.The bidders that I went up against did not want this trailer that badly.As in Money talks .The Uhaul will be for sale after I get the Bigfoot up to speed.In my opinion the Bigfoot is the Boston Whaler of the Camping World!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #32

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
what size is your uhaul??