SOLD - 1986 Scamp 16-Broomfield, CO - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
Trailer: 1986 Scamp 16 ft
Yeah, I ended up getting it for 4500 which appears to be close to market (? - too late now but I am curious if this is a pretty standard price for one in such good shape) so not a real great deal but probably not a bad deal either. The reason I didn't think twice about it was because it is in such great shape. I was told and from the condition it appears true that it was garaged for all but about a year of its life. It has brand new tires all around, recently repacked bearings, etc. The interior is in equally good shape with no stains on the carpet or anywhere, everything works and appears to be in excellent shape, etc. So I think it was worth the money. I am going to put an electric water pump in it and am deciding whether to convert the enclosed bathroom area to a shower, or put shelves in there for storage, or do something else with that area. It already has a dual propane setup but I will probably add a dual battery setup. The other item on the list I am considering is to add a small rack to the back for storage (cooler, wood, water, etc) like I currently have on my popup that is now for sale.

I'll keep checking for info on the rally around here. If you need any help organizing it let me know. I will plan to attend. Might be interesting camping this summer with a 2 year old and newborn (coming in May) but still going to try to get out as much as possible.

Thanks for the welcome.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #16
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19

Not bad on the price. Condition can go a long ways on adding to the actual value. I overpaid a bit on my 81 13' because I knew I was keeping it for quite awhile and that it had been kept in Phoenix all it's life, which meant no rot. To me that was a perceived value that I was willing to go a bit high to keep someone else from walking away with it. Sounds like you are in a similar situation where you are buying it for your enjoyment and the beginning condition will go a long way in items you don't have to replace when you add your mods. Can't wait to see some pictures of the interior and what you are going to add...

Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Old 01-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #17
Trailer: 1986 Scamp 16 ft
Yeah, makes sense. I think I will be happy with it for a long time to come. Thanks again, Ben
Old 01-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #18
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Ben, If this helps, I sold a 85 in what I would call a fixer up'er for 2 thousand. That's what I paid for it, plus I added new tires, and had ordered parts that it was going to need had I not bought a newer model.

Will keep you informed on the get together. Robin