Sold! 1987 Burro 17í wide body, front bunk/dinette - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #15
Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI

My 2000 17footer has a plywood floor with heavy glassing on top and underneath.

An aside about fiberglass: the white finish is gelcoat, which I think is a least a little bit porous. I will eventually paint mine with enamel, which should be less porous and harder.

If you have chemical allergies I would say that only used trailers should be considered: We got ours at two weeks of age, and the next year was spent keeping the air circulation going to keep the smell from getting too overwhelming, and we don't even have allergies. Don't know whether the outgassing was normal or due to a resin/hardener mix which delayed curing. At this point everything is fine.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:58 AM   #16
Trailer: 1987 17 ft Burro
Is the Burro still for sale?

Interested, in Kansas City. Christi W

Old 10-20-2006, 07:07 AM   #17
Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft (Peanut)
Is the Burro still for sale? Do you know the weight? Thanks. Joanne
Old 10-20-2006, 07:52 PM   #18
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
It looks like the Burro will be heading to a new home, a sale is pending!

Thanks to all,
Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #19
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Marsha,

I noticed that this post had an original date of April but it came up as a recent post so I'm wondering if the unit is still for sale?

This camper seems to be in good condition for its age. It is actually 19.5 feet long because there dual gas bottles are on a rack welded to the back of the trailer, with a fiberglass cover for the bottles. There is a fiberglass storage box on the front. I have made all new cushions for the inside except for the upper bunk, new foam with homemade slipcovers (and matching curtains). There is rooftop air installed in the vent space that runs but I donít know if it cools well as it was cool the day I bought it and the filter was so dirty that I havenít tested it since cleaning. The Dometic fridge works on both gas and 110. The stove works but has surface rust. The furnace does work but seems to be a little cranky to start (I would always use an electric heater anyway). It has hydraulic brakes (untried by me) with a brake fluid reservoir on the front of the hitch, I donít know anything about this setup and would not presume that it works. The tires have good tread but there is weather checking on the sides, a spare is included. There is no bath in this camper, a dresser with mirror is in this space. I can't find anything wrong with the body or frame but have not crawled under it to look carefully! It has a leaf spring suspension that seems pretty flat to me, it probably could stand some repair. The door closes well and locks with a key but there is a bit of a gap at the bottom. All windows except the one on the back operate well. The back window has had a bead of silicone run around it, presumably to stop water leaks, it does seem to still leak a little in the back. Contrary to how this may sound, I think this camper is great! Iím just not comfortable towing something this long and wide (cluck, cluck), and storage fees have gone up, so it has to go! Photo album link attached (I hope), and I will answer any questions as well as I can. I have all of the owner booklets and a copy of the assembly manual, this one was assembled in Iowa. Asking price is $3200, it is stored in Shawnee, Kansas 66226 (near Kansas City).

1987 Burro Widebody 17'

Many thanks!