FL SOLD 1988 Scamp 16 for sale - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-26-2018, 05:11 PM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: 1988 Scamp-16
Florida
SOLD 1988 Scamp 16 for sale

Once we retired, the wife and I decided to spend time traveling and camping. We had always camped in a tent and decided to try a Scamp fiberglass camper. I purchased this 1988 Scamp in 2016 with intensions of rebuilding it to meet our needs if it turned out we liked trailer camping. Well it turns out we are hooked big time, so much so we have ordered a new 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe. Therefore our Scamp is on the market. We have logged over 4500 miles on the new tires put on at purchase and the Scamp has served us well. It has even occasionally done double duty as an extra bedroom for a grandchild or two in our driveway.
We have about 11 weeks of camping in this trailer over the last two years and it has been essentially problem free. The previous owner was setting up a hunting and camping trailer and removed many of the normal amenities. Wired for 120 VAC, but not 12 VDC. Propane, stove, etc were removed. No installed A/C. We used a stand up A/C unit on one Florida summer trip. We normally camp in the mountains in summer and the south in the winter and spend little time in the trailer during the day, so A/C was not a rush. Plumbed for water from outside source, but no internal tank. Porta-potty in the bathroom. Potable, grey, and black water tanks removed by previous owner. This is one of the last Scamps with elephant hide instead of rat fur on the interior. A plus in my book.
The front bunks have mattresses for when the grandkids are with us and we use it for storage when they are not. Bench on left side has plenty of storage underneath. I built a removable shelf unit in what was the hanging closet. We keep the double bed, in the back, down at all times, but there is a working dinette underneath.
My original plan was to redo the exterior including new paint. We have used all our spare time to camp instead. I have the following new parts from Scamp; front window rock guard w/ mounting hardware, rivet cap set, rivet set, acorn nut set, butyl tape to re-set windows and vent, door seal, door latch, and a 2' Scamp decal.
This is a great starter project for a rebuild or a good basic camping outfit. We hate to see it go, but it is time for it to find a new home.
First $4000.00 will own it.

Dave Brown
(772) 532-9083
brown2488@bellsouth.net
Attached Thumbnails
01 Scamp.jpg   03 Outside rear.jpg  

05 Double Bed.jpg   07 Above kitchen sink.jpg  

15 Bunks w mattresses.jpg   16 Bunks as storage.jpg  

13 Bathroom door.jpg   14 Bathroom.jpg  

08 Kitchen sink.jpg   10 Closet shelves.jpg  

Old 03-27-2018, 07:13 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
paint job

wow the paint job should sell it!

good luck

bob

Old 03-27-2018, 09:22 AM   #3

Missouri
question

those taillights in the bumper is this standard for that year?

thanks

bob
Old 03-30-2018, 03:44 AM   #4

Name: Giuseppe
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Hello, is the camper still for sale? Ifso, where are you located? I am in Fla now and would like to have a look. Thanks, Giuseppe.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:06 AM   #5

Florida
Trialer is still for Sale

Trailer is located in Vero Beach, Fl. on the Atlantic Coast. If you would like to see it let me know when and we can make arrangements.

Previous owner chose to relocate tail lights.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:41 AM   #6

Name: Giuseppe
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Dave View Post
Trailer is located in Vero Beach, Fl. on the Atlantic Coast. If you would like to see it let me know when and we can make arrangements.

Previous owner chose to relocate tail lights.
I will try to be there Monday if not then Tues for sure. I'm in Sanford and my truck is in Hollywood.. Hope it will work out for us .Thanks for response.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:09 PM   #7

Florida
Trailer sold today to nice young couple. We are glad it is going to a good home.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:25 PM   #8

Missouri
thee you go

another one gone. must be selling time!

wow!!

bob

Tags
for sale, scamp