SOLD - 1989 17' Bigfoot with custom 54” bed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #1

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Just wanted to send the word out on this forum that we are putting our 1989 17’ Bigfoot on the market. We just moved up to a larger model, a Bigfoot 5th wheel. Since the 5th wheel needs some work before we take it out, we are taking the 17’ to the Northern Oregon Gathering this weekend. We’re planning to put the 17' on Craig’s List soon, but thought we should send the word out in case Oregon is closer for any of you, since we will be there anyway this weekend.

We’ll get the regular ad out the next week, but I can tell it is in really great shape. It has the fold-down bunk so it sleeps five. It’s fully self-contained with a bathroom with shower and sink. It is wired for solar, including a Trace C-40 charge controller. We are keeping the solar panel, because it has worked out great for us to camp with no hookups. We also installed a top-of-the line Fantastic fan with rain sensor, which works beautifully. It has a new, ultra-quiet water pump installed last summer. To top it off, we just put on new tires a couple of months ago. The price includes a weight distribution hitch.

We had no problems towing it with our Toyota Sienna minivan with a towing package. The trailer weight listed on the sticker is 2,884 pounds.

We will get take new pictures of the exterior soon, but for now here are some interior shots. We took these pictures a couple of months ago because we intended to post our bed modification on the modifications forum, but never got around to it. We always found the bed to be crowded, so we modified it so that the bed now folds out to 54 inches wide (a true full-size). The only other 54” bed in a 17’ Bigfoot I know of was this one: http://www.bigfootowners.com/gallery/mods.php#mods
but they took out the bathroom, which we really like having.

Please email if you are interested or maybe we will see you at the NOG. Thanks!

Maureen

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bigfoot_Interior_1_Full_Bed.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	7545

Name:	Bigfoot_Interior_2_Kitchen.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	7546

Name:	Bigfoot_Interior_3_Dinette.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	7547
Old 04-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Maureen:
I have just purchased an older 17' Bigfoot, first one. Would you be willing to share your secret on the bed extension. The existing one is way too small for two.
Thanks
Carol
Old 04-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 Scamp 13 ft
When the bed is all folded back up, does the "couch" go back to being a regular gaucho?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #4

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Please mark our Bigfoot sold. All it took was one day the Northern Oregon Gathering! We were surprised to have one group after another coming by to see the trailer on Saturday afternoon. What a wonderful bunch of people we got to meet at that gathering! We had had a great time and won’t miss it next year.

Hello, Carol A and Carol D. Yes, it's a futon that does fold up -- it's the same design in how it pulled out before, only extended further. That meant taking out the closet (and replacing it basically with a cabinet) and replacing the standard door on the bathroom with an "accordion" door for when the bed is pulled out.

I'm sorry that I don't have time to explain in detail right now, but hopefully next weekend after we get a chance to take some pictures we'll get that posted. We just have tons going on this week! I'll need help from my hubby since he figured it all out and did the work. We will have the 17-foot until next weekend, so we will be sure to take pictures of what's underneath the futon. Unfortunately we didn't take pictures during the process. The bigger bed really worked out much better for us.

Maureen
Old 05-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #5

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
That sure was one beautiful trailer. I'm sure Keith and Dee will be very happy with it.

Paul

Tags
bigfoot