For Sale: SOLD: 1991 Toyota Sunrader Sunrader classic 21' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #1

Name: Elvin
Trailer: Sunrader
Oregon
SOLD: 1991 Toyota Sunrader Sunrader classic 21'

I am selling a 1991 21ft Toyota Sunrader classic model. It has the Toyota V6 with an automatic transmission with the ECT power feature. The original blue colored interior is in great condition. For sleeping this RV features a bed over the cab, a fold out couch, and a convertible dinette.

For those unfamiliar with the Toyota Sunrader they are constructed differently from standard wood or metal framed RVs. The exterior is molded fiberglass.Many bathtubs, boats, hot tubs, and other more commonly used things are molded fiberglass. The Sunrader is made from 2 shells that are seamed together around the side like a giant clamshell. This construction method means that they are very lightweight and the gel coat fiberglass structure is always free from any water damage or corrosion and very low maintenance.

The kitchen has a propane 4burner stove with oven, external venting hood, Dometic Refrigerator with freezer propane/AC/DC , a steel double basin sink, and new faucet. There is a 6 gallon propane water heater.

The bathroom has a sink, separate shower, a new full height porcelain toilet with quiet close lid Dometic 310 , and a new 12V exhaust fan. The flooring in the motorhome was just replaced with Coretec waterproof flooring.

To keep the RV comfortable it has many windows that open all with screens , a propane furnace, a roof mounted Duo Therm AC unit, a manual opening roof vent/hatch at the front, and a super quiet 10speed MaxxFan 12v reversible ventilation fan.

The electric system consists of a new 45AMP Progressive Dynamics PD4645VInteli Power 4600 Series Converter/Charger with Charge Wizard, anExide AGM battery, and an Onan Microlite 2.8 GenSet, a gasoline model that runs from the main tank for the RV. All of the bulbs have been replaced with LEDs.

For water it has a city water inlet, 21gallon fresh water tank, a new 12v Shurflo water pump, 15 gallon grey tank, and 18 gallon black tank, with new dump valves for the black and grey tanks.

There is an internal propane tank that runs the range, refrigerator, water heater, and furnace.

This motorhome has around 175k miles on it, runs good, and gets great fuel mileage.In 2014 Import Performance Bend replaced both engine heads and completed the timing maintenance. There is also a binder with original booklets, brochures, receipts, and maintenance/repair logs going back 17 years.

More pictures can easily be provided by link that can't be published here.

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 1991 Toyota Sunrader Sunrader classic 21'

Old 07-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
Pennsylvania
Sunrader

This is extremely nice! I have a 1986 with 82,000 miles for sale in PA that runs and drives great but it is a mess and needs to be gutted.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
+10 That is the cleanest Sunrader I have ever seen!
GLWTS!
Old 07-23-2019, 10:17 AM   #4

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
An early to late 80's manual transmission 17' Sunrader is still one of my dream vehicles. Maybe someday. This one looks great. Even though I'm sure it's still a dog, the V6 is really nice in these things. Mine was an old, old 4 cylinder and it got around. But the V6 is obviously better.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:08 PM   #5

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Sunrader

What a terrific little motorhome !!! Unfortunately I am currently about $13,500.00 short of being a buyer , otherwise I would be negotiating to purchase. Lee and Norma
Old 08-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #6

Oregon
Thanks so much for the friendly comments. I am putting new tires on the rear tomorrow. We loved this RV and we are only selling it because we got a good deal on a different motorhome that we have been admiring for some time.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #7

Oregon
SOLD
Old 10-22-2019, 09:41 PM   #8

Name: Jin
Trailer: Currently shopping
United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbrightsteve View Post
This is extremely nice! I have a 1986 with 82,000 miles for sale in PA that runs and drives great but it is a mess and needs to be gutted.
Hi is your 1986 sold yet? I'm interested in buying
Old 10-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #9

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Read post #7 dated 8/14
It clearly states it sold