CA SOLD: 1997 Scamp 13' for $9,000 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #1

Name: Jameson
Trailer: Scamp
California
SOLD: 1997 Scamp 13' for $9,000

Hi there,

I am selling my 1997 Scamp 13' travel trailer. I am looking into getting a larger trailer/options but have been happy with the Scamp in all other regards.

I bought the trailer a year ago and have since put several hundred hours and $$$ into upgrading the trailer to a modern build. The price may seem a bit high, but I am trying to break even with my purchase price and the additional money I have put into upgrading it.

I have generally used the Scamp as a "hard sided tent" in that I converted the rear dinette into a permanently set up bed. I do still have the rear dinette that will come with purchase if you choose to go with that option down the road. The trailer has solar hookup to charge the 12 volt battery. "Refrigerator" is ice box, as the 3 way options were having too many issues. I have been very happy with this.

Other specific upgrades I made include:

Expanded the 12volt system to include multiple USB port chargers throughout the trailer, as well as additional 12v cigarette outlets.

Converted all lighting to LED overhead to decrease lighting power consumption by 90%.

Replaced all cabinetry with custom cabinets.

New upholstery for the front bench area.

Replaced noisy and battery consuming furnace with an Olympian Wave 3 Catalytic heater

Replaced stove top with Dometic/SMEV recessed cooktop to increase usable counter space.

Built out cabinet with shelving for pantry items

Replaced floor carpet with floating floor

Coated front belly of trailer with truck-bed liner for added chip protection from rocks hitting the trailer. Black truck-bed liner was also applied to tongue area and rear bumper to refresh metal protection.

Upgrades ran me around $2,000 plus my time, but it was an enjoyable project and think whoever ends up with it will be happy. I have taken the Scamp on everything from mountain bike road trips to winter backcountry skiing trips, its an awesome setup. It is towed with ease behind my 2004 Toyota Tacoma 4cyl pickup. Gas milage without Scamp is 21mpg, gas milage with the Scamp is 19mpg, so not much lost on that end...

Please see pictures and email with any questions or requests for more pictures/info. Serious inquiries only please. Title in hand. I am located in the Truckee/Tahoe area of California.
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp1.jpg   Scamp2.jpg  

Scamp3.jpg   Scamp4.jpg  

Scamp5.jpg   Scamp6.jpg  

Scamp 7.jpg   Scamp9.jpg  

Scamp8.jpg   Scamp.jpg  

Old 08-15-2016, 06:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1977
Have you sold it yet?
Old 08-15-2016, 07:32 PM   #3

California
Still available.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:48 PM   #4

13" Scamp

Your Scamp is beautiful. I'm trying to decide if my 1977 Scamp is worth fixing up or if I need to buy something else. Not ready to buy just yet. What's the condition of your axle? (Mine needs to be replaced).
Old 08-15-2016, 08:41 PM   #5

California
Axel is in good shape. It is a torsion axel. Bearings and tires in good shape too.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #6

13' Scamp

Good to hear! Might be interested, but it will take me awhile to assess the value of keeping the one I have. I think you will probably sell yours pretty quick. Good luck!
Old 08-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #7

Name: Yvonne
Trailer: In Market
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskierpx View Post
Hi there,

I am selling my 1997 Scamp 13' travel trailer. I am looking into getting a larger trailer/options but have been happy with the Scamp in all other regards.

I bought the trailer a year ago and have since put several hundred hours and $$$ into upgrading the trailer to a modern build. The price may seem a bit high, but I am trying to break even with my purchase price and the additional money I have put into upgrading it.

I have generally used the Scamp as a "hard sided tent" in that I converted the rear dinette into a permanently set up bed. I do still have the rear dinette that will come with purchase if you choose to go with that option down the road. The trailer has solar hookup to charge the 12 volt battery. "Refrigerator" is ice box, as the 3 way options were having too many issues. I have been very happy with this.

Other specific upgrades I made include:

Expanded the 12volt system to include multiple USB port chargers throughout the trailer, as well as additional 12v cigarette outlets.

Converted all lighting to LED overhead to decrease lighting power consumption by 90%.

Replaced all cabinetry with custom cabinets.

New upholstery for the front bench area.

Replaced noisy and battery consuming furnace with an Olympian Wave 3 Catalytic heater

Replaced stove top with Dometic/SMEV recessed cooktop to increase usable counter space.

Built out cabinet with shelving for pantry items

Replaced floor carpet with floating floor

Coated front belly of trailer with truck-bed liner for added chip protection from rocks hitting the trailer. Black truck-bed liner was also applied to tongue area and rear bumper to refresh metal protection.

Upgrades ran me around $2,000 plus my time, but it was an enjoyable project and think whoever ends up with it will be happy. I have taken the Scamp on everything from mountain bike road trips to winter backcountry skiing trips, its an awesome setup. It is towed with ease behind my 2004 Toyota Tacoma 4cyl pickup. Gas milage without Scamp is 21mpg, gas milage with the Scamp is 19mpg, so not much lost on that end...

Please see pictures and email with any questions or requests for more pictures/info. Serious inquiries only please. Title in hand. I am located in the Truckee/Tahoe area of California.
Does it have a bathroom or shower?
Old 08-21-2016, 02:02 AM   #8

Name: Katrina
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froilandia View Post
Does it have a bathroom or shower?
This looks like the 13' bunk model we used to have, there is no bathroom.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #9

California
No bathroom.

Sale pending tomorrow, August 22.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #10

California
SOLD for $9,000

Tags