SOLD ~ 1999 17' Burro Wide Body ~ $5250 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It is with very heavy heart that I must let my 1999 20th Year Anniversary Edition 17 foot Burro go. I am fulltiming now, and it was cute as a traveler and short stay rig, but is much too small for me and the pets. I gave it a valiant try, but…I bought a larger rig. One, I will add, that I won’t love nearly as much as the Burro.

It is not quite ready to go yet, I am still cleaning and fixing nit picky little things (I want it to be as nice as possible when it goes to its new home) and it will be a couple more days, however, I have had many inquires and thought I would put a short list out there tonite.

If you are interested in a specific feature, please email me and I will provide a link to how it was done as many of my mods have been documented here on FGRV.

The standard coach options:

Rooftop air, double sink with high rise faucet, wet bath (Toilet and shower in same room) with new sink and high rise faucet and brand new massaging shower head (never used), also new roof vent within the last year, 3 way fridge, 3 burner stove top with hood and exhaust fan, Suburban furnace (Recently Professionally overhauled…new board and sail switch, cleaned in and out.. works great!) 2 20 lb propane tanks with auto changeover, new group 29 battery (8 months old), Fantastic Fan/Vent with thermostat, 6 gallon water heater. City water and sewer hook up + 20 gallon fresh tank w/pump, 20 gallon gray tank and 8 gallon black tank. I put new valves on dump lines 4 years ago. Winegard Sensar TV antenna and brand new power supply. (Sorry, you must supply your own TV!) Full length awning with new springs installed 8 mos. ago. Canvas is a little dirty, but in mechanically excellent order. The rails need to be “massaged” into the slots but they work just fine. Screen door and one step with cover.

All appliances are in excellent working order. Toilet, however, has a leaky ball valve and I have put in a shut off valve on the feed line. I turn it on to flush then shut off.

Not so standard coach options:

I-Wave mini microwave on counter extension, new birch subfloor covered with Novalis plank wood style vinyl flooring. Digital thermostat for furnace (Hunter Brand.. very accurate and nice) 15 watt Amorphous rock guard mounted solar panel with 7 amp controller. (Panel swings in and stows behind rock guard. No lifting! No toting! Yay!) Almost ALL the lighting has been replaced by Autolumination regulated 24 LED dome fixtures. They draw .38 amps each) Also added are 2 sets of cold cathode fluorescents, 1 set in kitchen one in living area. The unit is set up for boon docking, but it still has 30 amp AC capabilities, with all functional electrical outlets and numark converter. It’s as at home in the woods as it is with full hook ups. There are also 2 12v lighter socket 12v outlets. The cabinets have been faced in Red Cedar.

Running gear:

The Burro comes with a single bar weight distribution hitch, drawbar and friction sway bar. These were added 4 years ago at a cost of $400. Easy to use, even whimpy me can work it. The tires have been upgraded to 14” load range D radial stt, with fancy schmancy chrome wheels, full moons. The wheels cost $450. 7 way bargman pigtail with charge and brake lines. Electric brakes, 4 years old, work great!

I am the second owner and a Non smoker. It has seen pets, however, I have spent two days removing any inkling of allergen, and I have had the like new cushions covered since the day I bought it. I think I did a good job, but I know that is impossible to get it all, even tho it is visibly spotless. This may not be the ideal unit for severe allergy sufferers.

Not so stock stuff:

The unit has been set up for a single person to live in. It can be converted back to stock with very little effort and no damage. The dinette upfront is the bed, and the back is a living room. There is NO large dinette table. A Spiderleggs collapsible table will be included in the sale. The front can be converted back to a small dinette with the addition of a pole and posts. The table top is there. The back would need to have a new table made or a platform made to make the queen sized bed up. There is a nice wood storage box mounted to the rear bench that can be retained and the bed would be a double.

The outside needs a good wash! I am negligent on those things. There is one window with missing screen material (Frame for screen is fine) and one rear window with a small hole in the screen.

The unit has character marks as one would expect for a used unit, little nicks and things in the gel coat, inside and out, nothing major or in large qtys, but I will do my best to fill the inside ones with white caulk before sale. There is also one large hole where a TV was mounted that is now covered up with an antique grain scoop. Use as a magazine rack! It is not perfect, but I would rate it is “Awfully goshed darned really good and well done”

For those of you that have followed my mods and additions here on FGRV, be aware that the selling price of the unit does NOT include the Wave 6 heater or my portable solar panels and controller, nor does it include the flat screen TV. It DOES include the speakers and the infrastructure for the Wave heater mod will be *Safely* left in place for you to add your own. All you need is to hang the heater (I’ll even leave the hardware) and make 1 gas connection that is right there.

I am not much for price dickering, so the $5250 price is firm as it is the lowest I will go. (I don’t like the game, sorry) Please feel free to offer me more tho :-P

Trailer is located in Quartzsite, AZ, 20 miles east of Blythe California on I-10. Please email me or PM me by clicking on my name over there!
Old 03-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #2

Registry
There are curtains, I have them folded in the pantry. No pics of the bathroom yet.. I am not finished cleaning it!

More outside pics tomorrow.. the wind is NASTY here today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=fridge.jpg Views: 130 Size: 99.8 KB ID: 26779" style="margin: 2px" />
[attachment=31656:
gaucho.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails
fridgeopen.jpg   gaucho.jpg  

kitchen1.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #3

Registry

Name:	kitchen2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	26783
[attachment=31660n
derpantrystorage.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails
pantry.jpg   underpantrystorage.jpg  

livingroom.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #4

Registry

Name:	livingroom2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	26787
Attached Thumbnails
bathdoor.jpg   rgsolar1.jpg  

rgsolar2.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #5

Registry
Once again, the WAVE 6 heater is NOT included in this sale. This is an example of how it mounts and swings. Very easy.

The Suburban furnace IS included in the sale.

Name:	wave63.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	26791
Attached Thumbnails
vofrsp.jpg   wave61.jpg  

tvstand1.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Wish I had the money for another trailer, this looks like a beauty. What are you moving up to Gina?
Deb
Old 03-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #7

Registry
Hi Deb. I got a big lumbering 31 foot Winnebago motorhome. I hope to be half as proud of it as I am of the Burro once I restore it.

Right now, all I can think about is how sad I am to lose the glass.

sigh.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Gina,
I understand your feelings of the loss of glass, but with full time living I can understand your needing a larger unit too. Your Burro is just beautiful and I like all the energy savings lights and the added solar too. I wish you luck in your travels.
Deb
Old 03-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #9

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
What a beautiful trailer, and what a great price! We're not in the market for another trailer, but I wish we were - yours would be perfect!

Jeanne
Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #10

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
Looks like a beauty!
Wish I were closer, If you'll bring her to GSMNP I'll buy her!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #11

Trailer: 13 ft Perris Pacer
Wow, that is a S T E A L. Somebody is gonna be very happy.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #12

Trailer: 76 Fiber Stream
Your trailer is wonderful. And it is exactly the model we've been wanting to upgrade to. We've seen that model at some rally's (might even have seen your trailer, Lake San Antonio '08?) and it plays well to our space and use needs. I wish I was in a position to just drive over and buy it from you. If somebody wanted to give us $5250 for our '77 Fiber Stream I'd be there tomorrow

You mention that the trailer has been modified/optimized for a single person but that the mods can be easily changed back to original design. Exactly what are those mods? It looks like you've added a TV console where the double bed would normally be pulled together. What other mods are there?

I'm sure you are going to miss your egg. Whenever you start feeling a little low about that just stand up, stretch your arms out and turn around. Maybe do a little dance. I'm sure you'll start feeling better right away.

Happy Trails in your new rig. -- art lindsay
Old 03-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #13

Registry
yes, well, its hard to feel that way right now. It just left Here with its new family.

I am cryin!!!!

Congrats to Larry Martin and his wife on thier new egg, and I hope they send many pictures of their adventures in it!

Tags
burro