SOLD - 1999 Burro Widebody in central Oregon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 1984 Burro 13 ft and 2000 Burro 17 ft
I'm selling my 1999 Burro Widebody.

It's in really good shape, everything works properly. Has air conditioning, furnace, 3-way fridge, bathroom with shower, three-burner propane stove.

If you're not familiar with the wide bodies, they're wonderful--even very tall people can sleep comfortably in the bed, which measures over 7 feet long. This one has a high, end, custom latex foam mattress in back. The mattress is all one piece, so it does not covert to a bed, but is extremely comfortable. (The back can still be converted to a dining area, but you'd need to remove the mattress and have cushions made; this trailer had the mattress when I bought it, and I was happy having a comfortable bed and using the front dinnette for eating.) Satellite dish and box are included if you'd like them (wiring already in place).

There are a number of screw holes in the interior walls from mods added by the previous owner. I removed his mods (leaving some screw holes, which I never got around to filling), and added some really nice ones of my own. Namely: custom wooden cabinet doors, and the wooden cabinet you see near the front door, and new carpet. Also, two lockable exterior storage doors have been added to you can easily get to things stored under the bed.

When I bought the trailer, it was missing two of the front dinette cushions. I bought some foam, intending to have new ones made, but started a new business this year and didn't get around to that, either. (I'm doing well these days if I get around to eating and sleeping! )

Because of the two missing cushions and the un-patched screw holes, I'm asking $8900, rather than the $9500 or so that I figure it would otherwise go for. I need to sell it by the end of the month. I wanted to post it here first, but will need to put in on eBay by the middle of next week if it hasn't sold here by then. (I realize that's not much lead time, but the need has suddenly arisen to get my money out or this--which I don't have time to use--and funnel it into the afore-mentioned start-up business. Looks like all work and no play for a while....I will probably sell my 1984 13" Burro as well--if I can find time to photograph and list it!) Feel free to call with questions: (541) 330-8151.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1Leslies_burro.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	7773

Name:	3P1010733.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	7774

Name:	4P1010732.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	7775

Name:	5P1010736.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	7776

Name:	6P1010738.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	7777
Old 05-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #2

I forgot to add: the curtains where taken down for cleaning when these pictures were taken. They are royal blue. (I have some more pictures, some of which include them, but had reached the size limit on this posting. Let me know if you want to see more pictures and I'll either figure out a way to post them, or e-mail them to you.)
Old 05-11-2007, 04:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Leslie, You have a BEAUTIFUL Burro! If we hadn't just bought ours in January, we would definitely be interested in this one! I'll bet you'll find a buyer here on the forum.

I'm curious -- could you tell me more about the modifications you made to add the lockable outside doors to access the underbed storage?

Also, did you add the wood cabinets next to the entry door? Could you include a photo of the inside of the cabinet door (to show how it opens)?

These both look like nice additions we might like to consider on our Burro!

Thanks and good luck,

Adonna
Old 05-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Hi Leslie
I'm interested in more info and I;m not sur ethe personal message thingy worked.
Could you try sending me a personal message or an e-mail. Both should be aailable.
thanks
Ian
Old 05-15-2007, 12:28 AM   #5

Hi, Folks--

Thanks for your interest. The little Burro was towed away by its new owner today, and the big one (listed here) has a deposit on it, with the sale scheduled to close on Wednesday. (I can take your number in case that should fall through, but it seems like a done deal, and I'm not showing the trailer any more at this time.)

Thanks,
Leslie
(About to be Eggless in Oregon)

Quote:
Hi Leslie
I'm interested in more info and I;m not sur ethe personal message thingy worked.
Could you try sending me a personal message or an e-mail. Both should be aailable.
thanks
Ian

Tags
burro