FL SOLD 2002 Casita Freedom 17' Deluxe for Sale $9,500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 11:30 AM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom 17'
Florida
SOLD 2002 Casita Freedom 17' Deluxe for Sale $9,500

I am selling my 2002 Casita Freedom 17' Deluxe. I just completed a 15,000 mile cross country trip and the camper worked great (tow vehicle so-so). I've owned this for 1 1/2 years and it has numerous upgrades/modifications by previous owner and myself.
PREVIOUS OWNER MODIFICATIONS:
Shelves in closet, 3 currently installed, I have 4th to go with it.
Switch controlled 12v computer fans by fridge coils to assist cooling.
Switch controlled 12V fan inside fridge to assist cooling.
Switch controlled light in cabinet under sink.
Filtered water dispenser at sink.
Upgraded crank up TV antenna.
Scissor jack levelers bolted to rear frame.
2" receiver hitch on trailer for bike rack.
Access plug to back water vent pipe on outside of trailer (did not like it when I saw it but works fantastic for rinsing tank at dump site w/o bringing hose inside).
Fantastic fan installed with Maxi vent cover.
MY MODIFICATIONS:
Little House shower upgrade w/separate controls, new sink faucet.
A/C unit put on digital thermostat for temp control.
Little House grey water vent modification done.
Little House Hepo valve for shower drain installed.
Little House battery disconnect installed.
Break away switch installed on electric brakes.
Little House jack modification to allow removal for tailgate access installed.
I have a couple of modification kits I haven't even gotten to yet (kitchen hood removal kit, fridge door hinge upgrade, toilet water cut off switch.
The trailer has the 25 gal water tank and a microwave installed in cabinet. I am including a 22" 12v TV and Sony 12v BlueRay player. Also a portable gas BBQ that has never been used, a trailer cover still new in box and storage wheel covers.
Photos show I had it set up with fixed bed. It also has two different foam mattresses and is actually comfortable. I still have original rear table which is included. I added a Rhino sewer hose and carrying tube to hold it. It has a sway bar attached and I never had a problem with sway. It includes a portable dump tank too as well as leveling blocks, chocks, water hoses and tools.
Unit is located in DeFuniak Springs, FL (in Panhandle on I-10). The price is $9,500. I have additional photos available and can take any of anything you want to see close up. FYI my dog traveled with me for 74 days in it. I've cleaned it up but there may be a hair or two I missed so if you are hyper sensitive to dogs be aware.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1738.jpg   IMG_1747.jpg  

IMG_1750.jpg   IMG_1744.jpg  

Old 06-24-2016, 10:15 AM   #2

Name: Roxanne
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
Tow Vehicle?

Would you mind saying what you towed with and address some of your complaints with that vehicle? Thanks!
Old 06-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #3

Florida
Tow Vehicle Complaint

I used a 2004 Dodge Durango Limited with the 5.7 hemi for a tow vehicle. The good was it was rated to tow 8900 lbs so it didn't even notice the Casita. The bad was I got it just before I left as my original plan was to use my 2004 Sporttrac. I was nervous because it didn't have a tow package and I knew I was going across the Rockies.
The Durango could pull the Casita at 70 up and over the 10,000 foot passes without a problem but the previous owner had replaced the crank shaft and reused the main seal which began leaking. A trip to Dodge in Anaheim was an estimate of $5,000 to fix so I opted for a case of oil from Walmart which covered the next 12,000 miles for $50. The Crank Position Sensor failed in NJ resulting in a tow off the turnpike but the shop was great and got me back on the road in 5 hours at a reasonable rate.
I traded horsepower for economy, getting an average of 12.3 miles per gallon but I didn't get passed by the trucks going up some of the hills in Colorado like a few trailers I passed.
The Durango was a good choice as it gave me storage space that uncluttered the trailer. I just got one with mechanical issues. Anyone thinking of getting one should stick with 2004 or newer as power, towing capacity and fuel economy were improved starting that year.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
More photos ?

I don't need the trailer but hows about a photo of the dog ? !! (LOL ) David in Fresno and Sonora, CA
Old 06-24-2016, 11:04 AM   #5

Florida
Photo of the Dog

Here is the dog enjoying his first In and Out Burger in Fort Worth.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0400.jpg  
Old 06-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
LUCKY DOG !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimc204 View Post
Here is the dog enjoying his first In and Out Burger in Fort Worth.

Lucky Dog ! We just had an In and Out Burger in Manteca, CA yesterday. No In and Out in Sonora , but at least 4 in Fresno ! ! David in Fresno and Sonora
Old 06-24-2016, 11:23 AM   #7

Name: Roxanne
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
I am in the early planning stages for the possibility of living and traveling in a travel trailer after I retire, and I love the Casita. Yours is actually my dream unit, but I'm just not ready yet. If only this were two years from now... I have been thinking of a Durango as a tow vehicle and you gave me good advice-- thanks!
Old 06-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #8

Name: David
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Interested but girlfriend just left country for 3 weeks. Will have to follow up but keep me posted if something changes. Thanks
Old 06-27-2016, 10:43 AM   #9

Name: Sue
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
scamp for sale fl.

Hi, I am in Ocala and interested in seeing. Where are you located?
I have a suberu forester. had thought a 13 but larger would be better if I ever find someone who would like to go.
sue harrison
Old 06-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #10

Florida
Casita is SOLD

The Casita was sold this morning.