SOLD: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe - In New Condition - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #1

Name: Marjorie
Trailer: Looking
Colorado
SOLD: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe - In New Condition

Beautiful, like new 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe, 17', loaded. Has been carefully and lovingly maintained, looks new inside and out. New battery and tires, bearings repacked annually (just done). Fantastic Fan with custom exterior fan cover, AC with heat strip, highlift axle, accessory package, interior convenience package, awning, bathroom, shower and more, extra stabilizers for the front, etc. Lots of nice features and looks brand new.

Asking $12,750 obo. Please call me at 970-987-3139 if interested, located in W. Colorado but may be able to deliver for reasonable travel costs. Even the cushions look brand new. Very light usage and in beautiful condition. You can't go wrong with a Casita.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Beautiful, like new 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe, 17', loaded. Has been carefully and lovingly maintained, looks new inside and out. New battery and tires, bearings repacked annually (just done). Fantastic Fan with custom exterior fan cover, AC with heat strip, highlift axle, accessory package, interior convenience package, awning, bathroom, shower and more, extra stabilizers for the front, etc. Lots of nice features and looks brand new.

Asking $12,750 obo. Please call me at 970-987-3139 if interested, located in W. Colorado but may be able to deliver for reasonable travel costs. Even the cushions look brand new. Very light usage and in beautiful condition. You can't go wrong with a Casita.
Marijorie, do you know the dry weight, with your options, of this model?
Many thanks.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #3

Colorado
Quote:
Marijorie, do you know the dry weight, with your options, of this model?
Many thanks.
The website says the Spirit Deluxe is 2185 lbs. I would guess mine is around 2300 lbs, if even that much. I pull it with a Toyota FJ Cruiser and forget it's even back there.

Will add that the pinstripes are a bit faded from the sun (but you wouldn't really notice this unless someone pointed it out), so I have new ones to put on (cost $100). Also comes with a new tire cover. The refrigerator shelves are a bit scratched so I also have new ones, still in the plastic. The shower floor has always been covered with a matt, so no scratches. The interior is as close to perfect as you can get w/o being new.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:02 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I know my 2007 Freedom DLX weighted in at 2800 pounds dry. I pull now with a 2009 Tacoma. No problems.

There is a thread with members weights somewhere let me see if I can find it and that might also help get a guesstmate of the weight.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #5

This topic may help you a little with understanding the weights. Remember these are just individual weights of trailers most likely filled with camping gear, etc.

Weights at the Oregon gathering
Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #6

Colorado
Thanks Robin for that valuable info.

The previous owner told me it weighed about 2200 to 2300, so I'll go with that. I believe one shouldn't get so close to their vehicle's tow capacity that a few hundred pounds make a difference, but I know people do. My Toyota is rated at 5000 lbs. tow capacity, and I hardly feel it, as I said.

I probably wouldn't want to tow any 17 foot Casita with a Subaru or similar vehicle, but the Casitas have good reputations for being easy to tow with most vehicles. I think a person really worried could talk to the Casita folks and get reliable info. My trailer doesn't have any special mods that would make it any heavier than the regular Spirit Deluxe 17 foot model, so I think one would be OK going with those specs.

Of course, by the time you add water and all your stuff, the weight will be heavier, depending on what you have. Like I said, I'd err on the side of safety for towing specs.

If you look at the weights posted in the link Robin added, I think a person should have a vehicle that will easily pull 3500 pounds to safely pull a 17 foot Casita with any of the available floor plans.

I now have photos available for the asking.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #7

Ewwww Pic's? We like pic's! Plus it helps people see the trailer they are considering. If you need help posting them to this thread, here's how I found to resize them to fit the forum . Good Luck on your sale Marjorie, it sounds like a very nice trailer.

Most times our pictures are toooooo big to post here, so a quick resize is all that is needed to post them.
If your a Pc, you can resize in Paint. Right click on your pic, scroll down to OPEN IN PAINT
a new box will open with your picture in it, scroll over to IMAGE scroll down to resize/skew in the RESIZE change the values of both horizontal and vertical, change to 50% then your pic will resize, You need to scroll over to FILE and scroll down to SAVE AS, another box will open up asking you to name your new size picture. Name it with the word "web", "forum", etc in the name. That way when you need it again you know which picture has been resized for internet/fourm uploads. But you have to SAVE AS or you will lose your orignial. Good Luck!

After you resize them you can post them to the forum by clicking on the Browse button just below the post/reply area where you type a post or response. Search Browse for your newly sized pic click on the pic then click open, then the picture will come up in the browse box and all you have to do is click UPLOAD. Waaaaaa Laaaaa your picture will come up after you click the Add Reply button............
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #8

Colorado

Click image for larger version

Name:	casitafront4web.gif
Views:	96
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	28020

Double click on photo for larger view. Can email a complete set of interior/exterior upon request. chinlemiller[at]gmail.com

Thanks, Robin, for your help.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #9

Your very welcome. But you might want to post interior pics to peak interest.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #10

Colorado
Well, I had posted this earlier on Craigslist and a couple saw it there and came and looked at it today. I have a deposit and it looks like it's sold.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #11

Good for you! Please let the buyers know of this website............. We like new friends...............
Old 05-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #12

Colorado
Quote:
Good for you! Please let the buyers know of this website............. We like new friends...............
I had already told them about it, and I'm sure they'll be visiting, they were very interested. Lots of good info. Thanks a lot for your help!

Tags
casita