NV SOLD 2005 16' scamp deluxe wood 10,000 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-14-2015, 12:19 PM   #1

Name: Matt
Trailer: scamp
Nevada
SOLD 2005 16' scamp deluxe wood 10,000

this is the side dinette floor plan. the trailer is in great condition, with new tires, wheel bearings, and water pump. the only issue it has ever had is a small leak where the fantastic fan is located, and that has been fixed, but the wood trim shows slight water damage. other than that in perfect condition. I have had it for sale locally but everyone thinks it should be worth 500 bucks because its so small, so I figured I would come to place where people appreciate a small fiberglass RV $10,000 OBO I am located in Northern Nevada

Pm me and I will text message or email pictures if the attachments do not work
Attached Thumbnails
20151010_100723.jpg   20151011_092314.jpg  

20151011_092440.jpg  
Old 10-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #2

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Nice unit. Wish you were closer. Your asking point is fair enough for negotiating starting point. I'd say if you can get someone to go for a drive or someone who is heading that way anyhow, this ought to draw someone's interest. Nice Scamp.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #3

Nevada
thanks, hopefully I can find someone to buy it..NADA on it is still 10.5 so I figured 10 was a pretty fair price. if I had the room at my house for 2 campers I would keep it, but alas I don't. Im really going to miss the amazing gas mileage I got with this thing.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:35 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
NADA for my zip code is a tad lower:
2005 Scamp Scamp-16 Package SD Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides

Old 10-14-2015, 01:42 PM   #5

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
It will bring what someone is willing to pay. Sometimes that's a bit over NADA and sometimes it is a bit less, with the latter being fairly rare on a Scamp.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #6

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
I might have done something wrong (highly likely ) but the one you have pulled up is for the fiberglass interior, not the deluxe wood interior. I have the original purchase receipt, from the original owner its for 16 thousand from scamp, not 11...anyway like I said I'm certainly open to offers, but it seems like I'm in line with most of the listings on here.
make me an offer Bob, everything must go!
Old 10-14-2015, 02:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfick View Post
It will bring what someone is willing to pay. Sometimes that's a bit over NADA and sometimes it is a bit less, with the latter being fairly rare on a Scamp.
FGRV's are NEVER at or under NADA.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikpunk View Post
I might have done something wrong (highly likely ) but the one you have pulled up is for the fiberglass interior, not the deluxe wood interior. I have the original purchase receipt, from the original owner its for 16 thousand from scamp, not 11...anyway like I said I'm certainly open to offers, but it seems like I'm in line with most of the listings on here.
make me an offer Bob, everything must go!
I added a few options that I thought were implied with the package shown.

2005 Scamp Scamp-16 Package SD Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides

The original price would include shipping and accessories. Original shipping is usually not value added.

All that said, your price is very good and should draw some interest, but NADA values on FGRV's are what a Hoover vacuum does best.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:39 PM   #9

Nevada
no shipping cost. I bought it from the original owners, a little elderly couple. they said they picked it up from the factory. it does have some extras though I think. Im not sure what scamps came with back in 2005 but it does have the axles flipped for extra height, dual LP tanks, I think it has a bigger water tank than standard. Not sure if a fantastic fan was standard back then. it also has the bathroom, I think there is a wood model without a bathroom. it has a heater also, not sure if that was standard, and a fridge instead of an ice box. flow through wheel bearings, that might have been extra back then too. oh and I put a new deep cycle battery on it this spring I didn't want to claim it had any extras that were not standard, but I guess I should have been more specific with the options it did have. plus I have a bunch of extras that come with it too, spare parts, quick release awning stakes, I installed a marine usb port for charging cell phones, I installed higher quality blade valves a couple years ago, I didn't like the stock ones, and I even have a memory foam mattress I cut to fit the bed but took it out for the picture. I figured no one would want it, but that's still here at the house if someone is interested.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:50 PM   #10

Your price is an excellent price for a 2005, 16' Deluxe Scamp. I sold both a 9 y.o.,13' Scamp and and a 14 y.o., 13', LilBigfoot for that same money in the past three years, albeit in high season and in SoCal.

My question was just about the NADA price stated as, on this site, buyers tend to know that NADA prices are well below typical sales prices. Just ask someone that has had an insurance claim and tries to get repairs based on NADA values. Many insurance companies will total an FGRV if the repairs exceed NADA values. There is a BigFoot owner with that problem right now in the Portland area dealing with an insurance company.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #11

Nevada
AH thanks Bob , cuz it kind of seemed like you were busting my chops. It puts a wrinkle in your day when someone makes it out like your ripping people off. I think it's a good price, and I'm a pretty nice guy and an honest dude. I just don't want to give away a trailer I loved so much for 500 bucks.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:27 PM   #12

Nope, not at all. I just didn't want you to be posting something that could cause others to question your other statements. I think you can still edit that comment out of your earlier post.

Good luck in your sale.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:25 PM   #13

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
this is the side dinette floor plan. the trailer is in great condition, with new tires, wheel bearings, and water pump. the only issue it has ever had is a small leak where the fantastic fan is located, and that has been fixed, but the wood trim shows slight water damage. other than that in perfect condition. I have had it for sale locally but everyone thinks it should be worth 500 bucks because its so small, so I figured I would come to place where people appreciate a small fiberglass RV $10,000 OBO I am located in Northern Nevada

They only wanted to give you 500 bucks? Shoot, I'd gladly give you ten times that much! (If only you'd say yes, LOL!) It's a fine looking trailer.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:32 AM   #14

Name: DiAnn
Trailer: Bigfoot TT
AZ
Great price!!! We sold our [I]Standard[I] 2006 16' front bath, side dinette, this past summer for $11,000. Well cared for but nothing extra on it. I posted on FGRV & Craigslist. Sold it to a nice couple who were happy to find it. We were in WA state when it sold. Good luck, but it should sell.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:09 PM   #15

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:

You will surly find a willing buyer.
Have you made any other modifications, such as tail/stop lamps, LED interior lights? Ours is a 2000, same layout, but with a smaller fridge, stove over the fridge, more counter space. We have made a lot of mods, takes a whole page, single spaced, to list them all. We keep the rear dinette made as a bed. Added darkening curtains on the windows. Replaced roof fan with a MaxxFan. Etc, etc, etc...!
Old 10-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #16

Nevada
I've done a few tweaks here and there towel racks, handles, usb charging stations. All new drawer pulls ..the gold ones were UGLY other than that little stuff it's pretty original.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #17

Name: Roamin’
Trailer: 2018 13’ Scamp Standard, formerly had a 2005 13’ Scamp standard
New Hampshire
That s a really nice Scamp, and exactly what I would love to upsize to someday. Good luck, I'm sure it's going to make someone super happy!
Old 10-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #18

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the market
California
Scamp for Sale

Where in Nevada are you located? Is it still available??
Old 10-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #19

Nevada
I just sold it ..thank you everyone for the interest
Old 10-17-2015, 03:01 PM   #20
M_C

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp
California
Congratulations

We stopped at Button Point Rest Area on our way home from Backus with our new trailer last night. The guy that bought your trailer stopped and visited for a while, he was one happy camper.

Tags
scamp