SOLD-79 FiberStream For Sale - San Diego, CA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #1

Trailer: 79 Fiber Stream
If anyone is looking for a self-contained small fiberglass trailer, I have what you are looking for. The trailer is in great shape. Asking $3500 OBO. Let me know if you would like see pictures or have any questions at all.

Kim
Attached Thumbnails
webFiberStream_002.jpg  
Old 01-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Hi Kimberly,

Posting pictures here would help quite a bit in getting your trailer noticed and give folks a better chance to decide if they want a look!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #3

Thank you Gina.

I wanted to post photos this morning, however all were rejected because of their size. I have adjusted one photo and uploaded as you suggested.

Thank you.

Kim

Quote:
Hi Kimberly,

Posting pictures here would help quite a bit in getting your trailer noticed and give folks a better chance to decide if they want a look!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Could you direct me to a web page that would give me some information about your FiberStream? I'm mainly interested in weight as a first (de)qualifier -- I have a 4 cyl Toyota T-100 and don't want to pull too much. Perhaps you could send me your telephone number and we could talk. I live in Sonoma County in Northern California, so I'd need to be pretty sure about it to come down there.

Thanks,

Fred
Old 01-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Great looking trailer
Old 01-27-2008, 05:00 AM   #6

Hi Fred,

I tow the trailer using a 1987 Volvo station wagon 240 DL. I am told that the trailer weighs between 900 and 1400 lbs depending on if it is loaded up for camping.

The trailer frame is 16ft and it is a dual axle. This trailer does not have its own brakes.

It has a lot of storage and is in great shape.

My number is 619.475.5128.

Hope to hear from you.

Kim

Quote:
Could you direct me to a web page that would give me some information about your FiberStream? I'm mainly interested in weight as a first (de)qualifier -- I have a 4 cyl Toyota T-100 and don't want to pull too much. Perhaps you could send me your telephone number and we could talk. I live in Sonoma County in Northern California, so I'd need to be pretty sure about it to come down there.

Thanks,

Fred
Old 01-27-2008, 05:04 AM   #7

Thank you! I am sorry to see the trailer go, but I want the trailer to be used and I do not have time now.

Benita, do you know if these 16 ft trailers came with brakes?

Quote:
Great looking trailer
Old 01-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #8

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Kimberly,

The weight you were quoted is unrealistically low unless it has the entire interior missing. I recall looking at the Fiberstream when they were new in El Cajon. As far as I can recollect, they were around 2,200 lbs dry and obviously more heavy yet when loaded. I ended up buying a Scamp 13 because I couldn't handle 2,200 lbs with my car back then. The weights you are quoted would have been about what the Scamp weighed. I believe that some of the other Fiberstream owners here have reported similar actual weights. Also as I recall, they have brakes on one axle. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

That is a nice looking trailer! Can you post photos of the interior for us please?

Thanks!

Roger
Old 01-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Could you direct me to a web page that would give me some information about your FiberStream? I'm mainly interested in weight as a first (de)qualifier.
This website has a search feature. If you enter "Fiber Stream" or "Fiberstream" as a search keywords, you should find more than enough information about the Fiber Stream brand. I don't think you will find any resource on the Internet that will provide you with more data. The trailer went out of production prior to the web becoming the research store house that it now is. More postings about Fiber Stream appear here than anywhere else.

Search Suggestion: Search only the topic titles with Fiber Stream. Since some owners include their trailer brand as a part of their signature you will be overwhelmed with info of every type by owners posting on threads unrelated to the trailer itself.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Thank you! I am sorry to see the trailer go, but I want the trailer to be used and I do not have time now.

Benita, do you know if these 16 ft trailers came with brakes?
All Fiber Stream are 16 ft. They were sold with brakes. You would have to inspect to determine if after 30 years the brakes are still there and functional.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:54 AM   #11
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
If any of you folks are looking for yesterday's chit chat about Kimberley's Volvo, it's been split off into its own topic and moved it over to General Chat! Volvo P1800 Topic
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 01-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #12

Trailer: 76 Fiber Stream
G'day Kimberly,

Assuming this trailer is still avaiable. Yes. Could you please email me some of your pics? Both interior and exterior? And maybe a description of the layout, refrig, stove, sink, BR, etc? I'm not familiar with this model - I just discovered this site while l searching for a trailer to buy - and I am most interested. I don't live in San Diego but I come to SD every couple of weeks so it would be easy for me to come and check it out. Looking forward to hearing from you. TIA.

Quote:
If anyone is looking for a self-contained small fiberglass trailer, I have what you are looking for. The trailer is in great shape. Asking $3500 OBO. Let me know if you would like see pictures or have any questions at all.

Kim
Old 01-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #13

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
And maybe a description of the layout, refrig, stove, sink, BR, etc? I'm not familiar with this model - I just discovered this site while l searching for a trailer to buy - and I am most interested.
I can help a little bit, I think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Floorplan_corrected.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	11540

This is a standard floorplan of the Fiber Stream trailer. The standard Fiber Stream bathroom has separate Shower and toilet areas; the bathroom sink is in the corner of the shower. [b]Kimberly's trailer has a custom floorplan, slightly different than this. Her Bathroom has been reduced in size to just the shower pan area. Her toilet, rotated to face forward, is in the shower also, making it a "wet bath." The space in the center back of the trailer where the toilet usually is, has been divided between a shallow 2nd closet (all shelves) against the back wall of the trailer, and a short "hallway-ette" to allow for the door into the smaller bathroom, between that 2nd closet (not shown) and the kitchen double sinks.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #14

Trailer: 76 Fiber Stream
Thanks so much Frederick. This helps a lot. I'm still hoping to receive some pics of the trailer from Kimberly. But your detailed description sure helps. And I'm hoping to be able to be able to see the trailer next week.

'The Oddysey and the EGGstacy'? Too much!

I see you have a '78 Fiber Stream. Any comments, insights, suggestions or warnings?

Quote:
I can help a little bit, I think.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #15

Trailer: 1989 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Hey Fred - just wanted to say hello as I am a fellow ex-Sonoma County resident. Now live in TX. Was tired of being land poor. I lived in Healdsburg, how about you?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #16

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
Any comments, insights, suggestions or warnings?
I have had several Private Messages and Emails about this trailer. The following is a copy of my answer to those private messages:

I will say this about her Fiber Stream: it is different from any other Fiber Stream I have seen to date. I think it was a custom order, or a previous owner did a [b]meticulous rebuild of the interior. The floorplan has been modified, reducing the size of the bathroom in order to add a second closet storage space. The shower floor, usually raised to put the plumbing above floor level which limits headroom, has been lowered to align with the trailer's floor. Because the 2nd closet is located where the standard toilet location would be, the toilet has been relocated into the shower stall. The drain plumbing has been installed below floor level the way it is done in a Casita. She says that it's a 1979, but the interior has details that say 1985 (or newer) to me.

The Range has been replaced with a BRAND NEW 3-burner with oven unit. Her refrigerator is original, but in better condition than mine. It has a minor issue with the freezer compartment door which needs to have the hinge spring replaced: this is common. This trailer had an electric only heater at one time, but the previous owner removed it; there is no heater now. There is an AM/FM/Cassette car radio installed in the front overhead cabinet.

The notoriously undersized Fiber Stream standard frame has been reinforced and strengthened. The 4 wheels on the trailer are newer; there are 2 spares that look more original. It has the classic 7" round tail lights that are highly prized by Vintage Trailer enthusiasts, and they are in excellent condition. The trailer has the California PTI registration; I forgot to ask if it has a title... Not required for PTI, but desireable nonetheless.

Now the bad news...
There are no brakes, but you know that if you read the above. My Fiber Stream is equipped with 7" brakes on the front axle. I believe that this could have been a $5000+ trailer if only it had brakes. Adding brakes to it would envolve replacing the axle(s) with shorter ones to make room for the brake hubs.

She has not weighed the trailer herself. She is passing on the information that the previous owner told her. When I took my Fiber Stream to a truck scale and weighed it for myself, it was heavier than the Factory Sales doccumentation declared. This has been an issue with ALL of the trailers mentioned on FiberglassRV, and it is why the staff encourages owners to actually weigh their trailers for themselves.

My bottom line: I believe that Kimberly is being honest in her representation, and $3500 is a fair asking price. I was interested in buying it myself, but I am not prepared to install brakes on it.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #17

Exclamation

SOLD: The FiberStream trailer sold today. I did not have the ability to edit the POST. So I am replying. FYI, according to the title, the trailer is a 1977 not a 79 like I thought.

Thank you everyone!

Kim
Old 02-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #18

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
SOLD: The FiberStream trailer sold today. I did not have the ability to edit the POST. So I am replying. FYI, according to the title, the trailer is a 1977 not a 79 like I thought.

Thank you everyone!

Kim
Hey Kim,

Congratulation on selling your Fiberstream. If you happen to check back in here, any chance of any photos of your 245 towing the Fiberstream?

I'd love to see how that rig looked.

Best,

Clive

Tags
fiberstream