AL SOLD Another Trillium 4500 for Sale - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #41

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Jennifer, Were I you, which I am not, I would get in my car now, and drive to Randy Bishop's place and get this trailer. It looks like the stock coupler, so you will likely need a 1-7/8" ball.

Many here have waited for a year or more to find the right trailer. I can assure you that this trailer is worth every cent. Randy has documented a couple of his restorations, he is very through.

There are two schools of thought when it comes to buying an old fibreglass trailer. Randy, and I both think the same. Get a fixer for cheep and do a nice job restoring it. If you have the time and skills, this is not just good economics, it's fun. The other school of thought is to buy the best trailer you can afford. This makes sense because if you have to get the work done by an RV shop, it gets very expensive, very fast.

What Randy is offering is a trailer in top notch condition, for the same price that others are selling fixers for. Should you miss out on this, there will not be another opportunity like it for a very long time.
Trust that I would've gone a month ago but I was leaving town for two weeks. Then we had one day before he left town for two weeks.

When he returns I am making a bee line to see!

Thank you, I appreciate this forum and posters very much. I think I
d be lucky to get one of his.

Jen
p.s. and I have about 10 weeks before I have to pack up and drive to my new station at FT Irwin, so, the timing is perfect!
p.p.s. I've scoured his restoration threads and I think I'll be getting the 4500 in green? Not sure, will see!!
p.p.s. Oh and I need to get a hitch, turns out that I do NOT have one!
Old 11-06-2015, 09:52 AM   #42

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Randy has a GREEN 4500? I had no idea that they made them in green. Now 1300's were made in both green and colonial white, on the outside, and green, colonial white and orange? (orangey yellow?) on the inside. If you want to see the differences, checkout the Trillium serial number list. Each of the serial numbers is a link to the trailer in question. I think all of Randy's are on that list:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post521762

As for the difference between a 1300 and a 4500, take a look at this link:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-64417.html
Old 11-06-2015, 06:11 PM   #43

California
Quote:
Randy has a GREEN 4500? I had no idea that they made them in green. Now 1300's were made in both green and colonial white, on the outside, and green, colonial white and orange? (orangey yellow?) on the inside. If you want to see the differences, checkout the Trillium serial number list. Each of the serial numbers is a link to the trailer in question. I think all of Randy's are on that list:

I'm leaning strongly on the 4500, (he has one with purple interior and one with green/orangey interior I think.) Not green on the outside!

I have scoured this site for all information and pictures time would allow me to see. I like your post which explains the differences, thank you for sharing.

Now I just need to get down there to see which ones he has available. I think he has two.

I'm looking forward to this and figure the process of transition will take a little bit. Still have to get a hitch for the car and stuff.

Jen
Old 11-08-2015, 06:39 AM   #44

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Yes it's still for sale... There's someone on here "Go-Jane-Go" who said they might drive down from Pennsylvania to look at both of them, this one and the 1300... The way she talked it seemed like she was more interested in the 1300.. All I know is first one to come gets first choice.......
I still understand and respect this to be true. Even though I am hopeful to be the new owner, I totally agree with this rule of fairness.

Jen
Old 11-08-2015, 07:33 AM   #45

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
I don't have a green 4500... it has a green stripe... That's how I keep them separate is by different colored stripes....

Quote:

Old 11-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #46

California
Quote:
I don't have a green 4500... it has a green stripe... That's how I keep them separate is by different colored stripes....

Hello!

Nice to see you checking in. Agreed, no green, just green stripe and themed interior.

Jen
Old 11-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennaver View Post
Hello!

Nice to see you checking in. Agreed, no green, just green stripe and themed interior.

Jen
Left South Dakota yesterday 7 of us liked 84 pheasants in four days.. Got to our campsite in Kansas today plan to hunt ducks for about a week.. But I do peek in once in a while...
Old 11-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #48

Do you still have camper for sale?
Old 11-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #49

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterfox37 View Post
Do you still have camper for sale?
Hello,
In case he doesn't reply today I wanted to let you know that he had more than one up for sale, so the odds are good. Although, I plan to pick one up this next weekend.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:48 AM   #50

California
New to me trailer!

How nice?!

Yesterday I made the easy drive to Ardmore, Alabama to see Randy's Trilliums and they are really, very nice! Awesome for me!!

Not only that but Randy is humble, kind and generous so I feel very lucky that his '78 4500 was waiting for me, (it will be my fulltime home for the next three years.) Sweet.

Plan for me is to get a tow bar/hitch put on my vehicle and then pick her up.

Some really nice rehabbing was done to this trailer, structurally and aesthetically too.

Interesting note, my vehicle tags are from when I was stationed in Alaska and the trailer tags are from Alabama and I think its neat.

Thank you Randy!!
Jen
p.s. I changed my avatar and ownership status too
p.p.s. On my way home, in Clarksville was the first time I saw someone else with a fbrv in the area, it was a Casita, about 13'
Old 11-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #51

Quote:
How nice?!

Yesterday I made the easy drive to Ardmore, Alabama to see Randy's Trilliums and they are really, very nice! Awesome for me!!

Not only that but Randy is humble, kind and generous so I feel very lucky that his '78 4500 was waiting for me, (it will be my fulltime home for the next three years.) Sweet.

Plan for me is to get a tow bar/hitch put on my vehicle and then pick her up.

Some really nice rehabbing was done to this trailer, structurally and aesthetically too.

Interesting note, my vehicle tags are from when I was stationed in Alaska and the trailer tags are from Alabama and I think its neat.

Thank you Randy!!
Jen
p.s. I changed my avatar and ownership status too
p.p.s. On my way home, in Clarksville was the first time I saw someone else with a fbrv in the area, it was a Casita, about 13'

Thanks for the kind words and I'll have it ready for you when you return with a hitch...I'll throw in a few extra items while its setting here, I've got comforter's, sheets and pillow cases I can throw in there, you might want to stop and camp before you get home....
Old 11-22-2015, 05:54 PM   #52

California
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words and I'll have it ready for you when you return with a hitch...I'll throw in a few extra items while its setting here, I've got comforter's, sheets and pillow cases I can throw in there, you might want to stop and camp before you get home....
It is a gorgeous looking Trillium! Nice work, really awesome! Sweet!

I was thinking about the hitch and wonder if I should just swap my vehicle, (found one that is priced right and after talking with the owner today I might get it.) He has an F150. As of now Randy I was hoping to pick her up at the end of November. SO nice!!

! I'll be camping alright!
Old 11-24-2015, 10:18 AM   #53

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Jennifer,

CONGRATS! Getting one of Randy's trailers. I don't think you could have started out any better way. I personally think a Trillium 4500 is my favourite trailer.

I hope this is not too personal, but how do you plan to shower? I have some ideas, but I would like to hear yours.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:24 AM   #54

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Hi,

Thank you I am very glad. Now I'm in the process of trading my vehicle to a better tow.

There are a couple different ways to shower and places too. However if I don't want to leave the trailer there are ways I learned when I rented a dry cabin in Alaska. Easy one is to use a plastic tub as the shower floor, use the coffee pot to heat water, mix that with room temp water and a squirt bottle. Any bottle that squeezes and that you can put holes in the cap will work. That is the quickie extreme. The other is, since I'm a nurse, there are showers at the locker room and also, since I'm Military, there are also showers at the gym on post too. !

I'd like to get a 5 lb shower bag though and a shower tent for a longer shower outside too though.

What are your creative ways?!
Jen
p.s. although any of my friends who see the picture I am using in my avatar say, "it is so big?!" It is 8x15 and does feel big.

Jen,
If this trailer is sold, I'll be shifting the thread to our 'Archive' area which locks the thread down. But I've also started a new thread for you, to discuss shower arrangements. Its in the General Chat area, titled 'Showering in your Egg?"

Tags
trillium