SOLD - Bigfoot 5th-wheel - Beautifully Refurbished - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
1984 20’ Bigfoot 5th-wheel

We are just about ready to head to the Northern Oregon Gathering, but thought we had better get this posted in case anyone is interested in seeing our trailer.

• Beautifully refurbished, and ready to go camping.
• Insulated two-piece clamshell molded fiberglass construction, known for its quality and durability.
• Clean and dry, with no leaks. The floor is solid.
• New solid vinyl plank flooring and new carpet.
• New valances and professionally re-upholstered cushions.
• Spacious, open design with high ceilings and large windows.
• Tows easily with a 6-cylinder pickup. Lightweight single axel model at approximately 2600 lbs dry weight.
• Great fuel savings compared to other trailers of this size – it’s no wonder why this model is highly sought after.
• Everything works: propane heater, new hot water heater and newer propane 4-burner range with oven, range hood with fan, tri-mode refrigerator (propane / 12V / 110V), dual propane tanks with newer regulator.
• Sleeps 4 or 5. Permanent, true queen size bed means no hassle of setting up and making a bed every night. Rear u-shaped dinette converts to a large bed for 2 adults or 3 kids.
• Fully self contained with shower/sink/toilet bathroom.
• Bright lighting inside and new exterior lights, lots of storage space inside and out.
• Entire roof has been resurfaced with fiberglass resin jelly and Interlux marine grade paint to seal spider cracking.
• Windows have been removed and reset with new butyl tape seals.
• All new: emergency exit hatch, bathroom vent lid, and vent caps.
• New, heavy-duty tires, including the spare tire.
• Extra jacks, power cord adaptor and hoses included. Balancing jacks welded to rear bumper for easy leveling. Fifth-wheel hitch included.

Bigfoots are high-end RVs, built to last. New 21’ Bigfoot trailers are now listing for over $49,000! New models are also much heavier than this rare 5th-wheel model, which Bigfoot Industries stopped making in 1994.

This renovation has been a lot of hard work, but we couldn’t resist a great find on a 1987 Bigfoot 5th-wheel, so this one is ready for a new home to make room for the “new” one. We are willing to work out delivering the trailer within a reasonable distance from the Seattle/Tacoma area. $7900 obo.

Maureen

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3860.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	12822

Name:	DSC_3868.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	12823

Name:	DSC_3871.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	12824

Name:	DSC_3872.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	12825
Old 04-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #2

Thanks to everyone who stopped by over the weekend to look at our trailer. Maureen and I had a great time visiting with everyone. On our way back home, we took the trailer to a weigh station to get the dry weight, which turned out to be 2,825 pounds.

Chris
Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Thanks to everyone who stopped by over the weekend to look at our trailer. Maureen and I had a great time visiting with everyone. On our way back home, we took the trailer to a weigh station to get the dry weight, which turned out to be 2,825 pounds.

Chris
How difficult is the trailer to set up or break down? Can one person do it? What size are the hohding tanks?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #4

The trailer is very easy to hitch up. Being a 5th wheel, I have clear visibility to the king pin and hitch in the truck bed. This is far easier to hitch than our old 17 foot travel trailer. I have moved and setup the 5th wheel often by myself without any problems. The rear has built-in stabilizer jacks that are easy to drop down. The front "landing gear" jacks are mechanical screw jacks that pivot when not in use.

I measured the holding tanks this evening. The fresh water tank holds 30 gallons, the gray and black tanks look to hold approximately 20 gallons each. Hope that helps.

In measuring the tanks I realized I was wrong about the dry weight because there were approximately 15 gallons of fresh water inside the tank. I had accounted for 7 gallons of water remaining thinking the tank was smaller. The correct dry weight is approximately 2,750 pounds. This weight includes the dinette cushions and the regular queen size mattress (since I'm not sure how they usually figure dry weight.)

Please let me know if you have any further questions or want me to post more pictures.

Chris
Old 05-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft

Dee has me locked in my room so I won't go looking for pickups. Maureen and Chris have really out done themselves on this Bigfoot. We purchased their 17 footer and believe me they do not cut corners on anything. This fifth wheel looks years newer with the new upholstery, window treatments and flooring. It has everything you need and the price is right! Keith
Old 05-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #6

Keith,
Thanks for the nice comments. I got a good chuckle hearing you were locked in your room to not look for pick-ups. So far, we have received inquiries from people in Florida, North Carolina, Texas and Alberta. It was great to see you again at the NOG. Hopefully we will see you at Bandon.
Chris
Old 05-06-2008, 05:42 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
What a beauty! You and your husband did a fantastic job!

BTW what is the capacities of the holding tanks? Fresh, grey, black and does this rig
have the winter package?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #8

Joanie,
Thanks for your nice comments. It has been a lot of work. I have truly enjoyed fixing up this trailer.

To answer your question, the trailer has a 28 to 30 gallon fresh water tank (located under the dinette seat), 18 to 20 gallon gray water tank and an 18 to 20 gallon black water tank (both located under the trailer hanging from the frame.) As to the "winter package", I'm not sure that was an option back in 1984. When I think of a "winter package" or "four season package" I think of double pane windows, added insulation, and heating elements inside the holding tanks to prevent freezing. The windows in this trailer are single pane, and I don't believe there is any heating element in the tanks. The only wires I see on the tanks are for the tank level monitor. Bigfoot trailers are very well insulated. The fiberglass does not conduct heat and the insulation is approximately 1½ inches thick.

Chris
Old 05-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #9

Thank you everyone! We have sold the trailer!

Tags
bigfoot