TX SOLD: Casita Patriot 1999 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2019, 06:57 PM   #1

Name: Dick
Trailer: Casita
Texas
SOLD: Casita Patriot 1999

Selling my 1999 Casita Patriot located near Lampasas in central Texas It is a bit unusual as one of it past owners converted it to another floor plan. The glass repair spots on the exterior hull are evident in the pictures, I guess these were locations where the factory had attached the original inside fixtures. I just don’t know. I bought it mostly the way it looks with a few upgrades. So, besides the two sleeping benches with storage below and the cabinets on either side, there is no sink, stove, toilet, fresh or gray water storage.
I replaced the power convertor with a Progressive Dynamics PD 400. Mostly because I could not find info on the older one.
I replaced the 120 volt lights on both sides of the cabin with touch control 12 volt lights. The twelve volt side of the panel still has 7 open spots on it and there is nothing in the trailer hardwired to the 120 side with the exception of the many wall duplexes.
The original electrical hookup was on the bottom of the trailer, very inconvenient so I removed and replaced it with a marine grade 30 amp receptacle, I also replaced the shore power cord with a new cord with the proper 30 amp fittings found at most trailer parks. There are also two adapters included, one for just plugging to a normal outlet and the other I don’t know what it’s for.
I installed a new trailer wiring harness for a 7 pin pigtail. The 4 pin is still intact and can be used as is.
I replaced the rear lights with LED fixtures and with the addition of the 7 pin wiring harness added reverse lights.
I installed two different 12 volt USB fixtures in the cabinets. One has a 12 volt LED readout to show the status of the 12 volt battery and a USB port. The other has a USB port and a round charging port. Unfortunately, at this time it has quit working and will be replaced soon with something else.
I had a Curt Sway Control arm installed. If the buyer wants to use this device, he/she will need to equip his trailer hitch with the appropriate hardware or swap me out for the one I have. It is not necessary to tow the tractor just safer.
Little House Customs welded on to the tongue a fixture for two propane tanks and fabricated and welded on a battery box. The propane tanks sit right behind the battery box and are not in the pictures or included in the sale. The tank hold downs and dual tank valves are included. The propane is not piped to the interior, I had it solely for operating my generator. Little House wired the 12 volt power from the battery to the new power panel. They also installed the rear receiver and the pictures show a luggage rack installed which I will probably keep or negotiate.
I replaced the original ceiling fan because it didn’t have a bug screen in it. I installed the favorite style that most use, 3 speed reversible. I immediately poked a hole in the screen with a broom stick cleaning up after installing the fan. Screens are available, I just put a patch on it while I screamed for a while.
I replaced the large door seal on the door as it was shot. I do not see any evidence of door sag or cracking around the hinges. The door stays closed while towing just make sure it is firmly latched as the new seal requires a little compression. I also replaced the door latch and lock as the other was pretty sloppy feeling.
I installed the large hood on the roof so I could use the fan in wet weather. It is removable with a few screws that are not screwed into the roof but instead into the supports for the fan. Removing the hood will not result in water leaks should it need to be removed for height clearance.
I replaced the 14 inch wheels and tires with the shown white wagon wheel rims and 15 inch 10 ply radial E rated tires. They have and individual load rating of over 2800 pounds. The speed rating (R) on these tires is pretty high at 106 mph and I hit 90 often out in Wyoming. There is still plenty of clearance in the wheel wells. The spare is still a 14 inch wheel which I stored under the rear bench.
I replaced the bearings, races and seals in both wheels
The new tires and bearings have about 7000 miles on them. I may have kept 300 pounds or so of gear in the trailer during this time and the thing towed like a dream but I was using a Toyota Tundra, so power was no issue. I don’t know what it weighs but my guess is less than most due to the lack of inside niceties.
The inside was painted by a friend and she also hand painted the sea life seen in the pictures. I think it’s cool.
Both seating surfaces are padded and more than large enough for typical adults to sleep comfortably.
There is a small A/C unit mounted under the front bench and cools the small cabin well even here is central Texas.
There is also a small very clean new looking chemical toilet stored under the rear bench.
The carpet is some sort of ugly low pile, stick on squares. It serves its purpose.
The trailer is not perfect, but it is water tight and solid, I would not hesitate to latch it up and go across country with exception of squirting a bit of grease into the grease fittings on the wheel hubs I also replaced.
I am asking $5000.00. Follow the Craigslist link below for pictures.
https://killeen.craigslist.org/rvs/6808816979.html
Old 01-31-2019, 07:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
For info on how to add your photos, see post #7 in this thread:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ics-43021.html
I am curious to see this customized Casita.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:24 PM   #3

Texas
I looked through a batch of the for sale threads but didn't see your reference.
I wouldn't call it customized, maybe altered?

My photos are jpg and most over 4 megs. I don't know how to determine pixel count. Maybe I should try taking them with my phone camera.
Every time the uploading message disappears I get a new box that says I am not logged in.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:08 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Put it on Craigslist, and then just post a link to your C/L ad here. So much easier.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:37 PM   #5

Texas
Craigslist I can do.
Here you go. Thanks for the tip Thrifty Bill

https://killeen.craigslist.org/rvs/6808816979.html
Old 02-09-2019, 12:18 PM   #6

Texas
Sold. Thank you