CA SOLD: Casita Spirit DL 17' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #1

Name: Gary
Trailer: in the market
California
SOLD: Casita Spirit DL 17'

2000 Spirit DL 17' - recently purchased, but must sell. San Diego area $8500.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
casitas

Do you have any interior / ext pics ?
That always helps
Old 11-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #3

California
Casita 2000

Recently bought the Casita from the original owner's wife (he passed away a few months back). I have discovered my truck needs a lot more work than I had imagined so it can tow, *and I dont want the additional expense at this time.*
*Re the AC, the owner apparently hit something, and damaged the cowling, which is not on the trailer.* A family member told me the unit runs, but needs some sheet metal work.* I had intended to eliminate it an replace it with a fan. I know new units are around $850, but he was adamant this one runs.* The forward vent should be replaced, as it has some cracks, and is apparently a straightforward repair ( I was told they are around $40). There are some areas on the top where the gelcoat is in need of repair ( not visible from the ground), but no damage to the fiberglass structure. The snap/caps on the rivets are mostly gone, and he put silicone on them.* I ordered an received some bags of rivets/plastic washers/snap caps.* They require drilling out the rivet with a 3/16" bit, then re-rivetting with the washers in place.* The rivets themselves appear structurally sound.* The four small running lights are damaged, and I just got 2 red and 2 amber fixtures/lenses/bulbs sent from Casita.. * The gelcoat has been kept waxed on the sides, but the top needs to be done, with some repairs as noted.* Apart from that, the trailer seems in good working order..* I had it towed to our HOA *storage by a friend, and all the lights (brakes, turn signals, running) are in order. The fridge worked with the propane, as did the stove.* Interior lights all work.* There is a new toilet.* The sink has some cracks on the mounts, where he apparently fell *onto one time, but it functions.* The awning has one 3/4 inch tear. The unit has not been used for 2 years.* The tires were replaced 2 years ago, and have no wear.* They *have covers on them to protect from UV, *The rear bed/dinette does not convert to a table, as they have a Costco mattress (like a Tempur pedic) on the platform, and its about 8 in thick and heavy (and comfortable). It has had almost no use. The hardware is there if someone wants to revert to the convertible bed/table.* There is a microwave, and a 110 inverter. The trailer was regularly maintained by an RV yard in San Diego. **

I have the original paperwork from Casita when it was purchased.* I am selling it "as is," which is how I purchased it.* I had my friend, who has a Casita, check it out, and I believe the only repairs are those which *I indicated.
It looks like only 4 photos at a time, so I can send more
Thanks
gary
Please let me know if photos uploaded
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2218.jpg   IMG_2219.jpg  

IMG_2220.jpg   IMG_2223.jpg  

Old 12-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #4

California
Casita has been SOLD