MN SOLD Early 1980's Burro 13' - Big project - $1000 OBO - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2014, 09:51 AM   #1

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13' Std.
Minnesota
SOLD Early 1980's Burro 13' - Big project - $1000 OBO

Hi all - we started a Burro restoration project a couple of years ago, but family and health issues have seriously sidetracked our project and we haven't made progress for months.

We've been hoping to finish at least finish off the floor before selling it, but we thought we'd see if there's an egg aficionado on here looking for a fixer-upper camper. It's a great project for someone...just not for us.

If you're interested send a private message and we'll get back to you with some photos and more info, and a full list of included parts and supplies.

The pros
- Some hard work is already done - the shell has been stripped, cleaned and a lot of the fiberglass work is done. The floor is started in the front/back but the middle part isn't installed. The trailer has been welded/reinforced and painted.
- It has clean Minnesota title, license and tabs
- We have a lot of the original Burro parts - cushion covers, icebox, windows, etc.
- We also have (and will include) many parts and supplies to pass along with it -- e.g. new lockset, fiberglass materials, plywood for the floor, etc.
- It's a big project, with great upside potential!

The cons
- You MUST have a way to securely transport the egg. It has no floor right now, so it's not readily transportable on the trailer.
- Given the above you probably need to in/near the Minneapolis, MN area to pull off moving the egg in its current condition.
- It's a big project, with great time-sucking work potential!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:09 PM   #2

Name: Harold
Trailer: Cardinal
West Virginia
Can you post some pictures so we can judge how much work does to be done. Is the egg attached to the frame or are they totally separate at this time. Thanks Harold
Old 09-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #3

Minnesota
The egg is completely off the frame. The front and back floor areas have a small amount of flooring installed, but the middle area hasn't been installed.

We did a quick temporary bolting-down last spring for a two-mile trip, but it needs a more thoughtful and secure solution to go on a longer journey. The trailer itself is in great shape and roadworthy - it's the egg being detached that is the issue.

I'll attach some photos that give a basic idea of the scope of what's involved in the project. As you can see, nothing is "done" and there's a lot of work to do. If you're interested please PM me directly. Thanks!

(By the way, my avatar photo is the Burro "before" it ended up in this sorry state. It looked great back in the day, but the floor was crumbling apart badly underneath. Sigh...)
Attached Thumbnails
01-DSC_1131.JPG   07-DSC_1137.JPG  

24-DSC_1158.JPG   09-DSC_1139.JPG  

Old 09-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Trillium
New Hampshire
Registry
Mike in NH

Hi we are interested in flatbedding it back to NH. Do you have all the parts? Windows, appliances, doors etc?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #5

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
Burro

We are in faribault. Interested in taking a look.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1993 Surburban
Registry
Burro

I sent you a pm, I would like to look at your burro tomorrow afternoon if possible.

Jim H
Old 07-29-2015, 10:40 AM   #7

Minnesota
Bumping my old thread...life intervened and we lost focus on finding a new home for our old Burro. It's still available and still needs a new home.

All the same info applies -- no progress made since last summer beyond protecting it from the elements. It's a good project for someone who is up for it. We are apparently not up for a "good project" ourselves!

Please send me a PM directly if interested -- I will try to look for posts on this thread but PM is best.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #8

Minnesota
Sold! :-)

Tags
burro