SOLD - "Eggspress" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-27-2006, 09:54 PM   #1

Trailer: none now
I have sold my trailer... to someone on Vancouver Island. I've also promoted FGRV site to him, so I hope he will check in and learn from this wonderful site.

Although the buyer did not learn of the trailer from this website, I plan to send in a donation to FGRV, because of all the things I learned from the interesting people I met here.

I even made connections with someone whose parents are old friends of mine, from long time ago... how neat can that be?

I wanna specifically thank Ches, Charlyn, Benny and others who have Boler 17s. I may not be an "egger" now, but will think of you (and lurk around here)...

Cheers
Leanor
Old 07-28-2006, 12:33 AM   #2

17 foot Boler, 1979 (might be '78). Has front dining table that changes to bed; back sofa, change to bed, upper cabinets change to bunk (didn't have upper bunk cushions when I bought it). Fridge...works well on electric and 12 V, haven't tried it on propane; toilet/shower (have not used them, previous owner said they worked). Four burner stove, with oven. Cushions original and needing replacement covers but clean. Curtains not original, replaced by some previous owner.

Equipment: new inverter, wiring and new batteries; new breakaway switch, new coupler welded to tongue. Brakes checked and serviced. Sway bar ball (knob) welded to tongue frame. Equalizer hitch available for sale, separate or as part of package. May include equalizer hitch & sway bar, or sell separately.

Interior has been cleaned, but I haven't been able to do any interior or exterior renovations or repairs due to health. Have gone camping a few times, within two-three hours of home.

I bought trailer for $4,500, and sale price $6,000.00 or best offer.

I live in Vancouver, BC.

Photos available, by email.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #3

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Burro
Quote:
Thanks to moderator for moving this post. I wasn't quite ready to get the details down, I'll add more as I have pictures, etc. in my old computer, which isn't connected to the internet any longer. But here are basics:

17 foot Boler, 1979 (might be '78). Has front dining table that changes to bed; back sofa, change to bed, upper cabinets change to bunk (didn't have upper bunk cushions when I bought it). Fridge...works well on electric and 12 V, haven't tried it on propane; toilet/shower (have not used them, previous owner said they worked). Four burner stove, with oven. Cushions original and needing replacement covers but clean. Curtains not original, replaced by some previous owner.

Work I had done by RV shop after we bought it 2 years ago: checked and repaired propane connections, new inverter, wiring and new batteries; new breakaway switch, new coupler welded to tongue. Brakes checked and serviced. Sway bar ball (knob) welded to tongue frame. Equalizer hitch available for sale, separate or as part of package. Work done cost over $2,000.00 plus equalizer hitch cost.

Interior has been cleaned, but I haven't been able to do any interior or exterior renovations or repairs due to health. Have gone camping a few times, within two-three hours of home.

I bought trailer for $4,500, and sale price $6,000.00 or best offer.

I live in Vancouver, BC.

Photos available, by email.
Hi Leanor,
please e-mail pictures to hdrider91@hotmail.com, thanks
David G.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Hi Leanor,
please e-mail pictures to hdrider91@hotmail.com, thanks
David G.
Hello David... I will, in a day or so, as have to dig up my old computer and copy photos to disk. Thanks...

Leanor
Old 07-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Burro
Quote:
Hello David... I will, in a day or so, as have to dig up my old computer and copy photos to disk. Thanks...

Leanor

Thanks, Leanor, I'll be watching for the pictures. In the e-mail, please provide your phone number, thanks
David G.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:58 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Sounds nice, Leonor!

We bought our 17' ('77 or '78) for "Five thousand Firm" a few years back, and we love it, and are so pleased with it!

We bought it through a local Buy and Sell publication, it was just 30 KM down the road, and we were there first! (Well, we were there second, but the First Buyer didn't have a Certified Cheque like we did!)

You are going to make someone very happy. Do not worry about the undone things, that is for the new owner to dream about, leave space for their improvements! Focus on what works.

Good luck! And know that the next thing you need may be what someone else is done with.

(In our case, it was a very young couple who had plenty of money, and traded in their classic Boler for a HUGE stick-built!)
Old 07-30-2006, 08:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Sounds nice, Leonor!

We bought our 17' ('77 or '78) for "Five thousand Firm" a few years back, and we love it, and are so pleased with it!

We bought it through a local Buy and Sell publication, it was just 30 KM down the road, and we were there first! (Well, we were there second, but the First Buyer didn't have a Certified Cheque like we did!)

You are going to make someone very happy. Do not worry about the undone things, that is for the new owner to dream about, leave space for their improvements! Focus on what works.

Good luck! And know that the next thing you need may be what someone else is done with.

(In our case, it was a very young couple who had too much money, and traded in their classic Boler for a HUGE stick-built!)
Hi Charlene.. Thanks for the encouraging words...(odd that the person interested in "Eggspress" comes from the country that spawned that eggspression - excuse the puns).

I did learn more about myself in this process... realizing that fixing up more than small things is not in my nature. If it were say 20 years ago when our family (and I) were younger, that I got bit by the Boler-bug, it would be different. I appreciate all the support you and other FGRVers have given me and others....

thanks ...Charlene...

Leanor

P.S.
Yep, I know it is a "must" to have the paperwork and bank guarantees before selling. I've got 3 members of my family in the legal profession, so no worries there (I hope).
Old 07-31-2006, 10:03 PM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Hi Leanor,
Is it still for sale? We have a 13 footer but would like a toilet and shower. Can you send pictures?
~Fred
Old 08-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Hi Leanor,
Is it still for sale? We have a 13 footer but would like a toilet and shower. Can you send pictures?
~Fred
I will send... to what email addy?

Leanor
Old 08-05-2006, 02:00 PM   #10

Thumbs down

Please note: I have changed selling price to $5,500.00 (Canadian $$) for the 17 foot BOLER trailer I have in Vancouver, BC. see above for details.

The trailer is also listed on Craigslist, Vancouver, where you can see the photos. If I sell it through FGRV site, I will donate to it.

Leanor