GA SOLD: Eriba Puck travel trailer - $7900 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-03-2015, 09:29 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
SOLD: Eriba Puck travel trailer - $7900

Yes I know - only the roof is fiberglass but it weighs 800 lbs.

After some thought I am reluctantly selling my 1989 Eriba Puck - its only 12 feet long. very narrow and tows like a dream behind almost anything. For those who are looking for one of the lightest campers you can stand up in and tow with a VW Bus (or any other underpowered vehicle like a vintage Land Rover) this is the camper for you. It sleeps two and a Standard Poodle comfortably and generally is regarded as a German Airstream. Eribas were born in post war Germany when the need for a travel trailer that could be towed by a microcar or a VW Beetle was prominent. They feature a tubular steel skeleton, and aluminum skin, and a fiberglass roof with a popup panel to increase headroom. I'm six feet tall and have several inches of clearance when the tops up.

I actually own two Eriba trailers - I had been chasing a 16' Triton for five years and had just about given up hope on getting that one when the Puck surfaced in Pensacola, FL. It was bought new in Germany and used to tour Europe and then brought back to the US by its original owner. He kept it until last Spring and traded it in on a boat in Pensacola. I outbid about six other bidders on Ebay and won the Puck since I had been desperately looking for an Eriba for six years. Of course the Triton I had been chasing came up for sale on fiberglass-rv-4sale about two weeks later so I bought that one too. Since I still had my U-Haul at that time I was the butt of many jokes about setting up my own trailer park in my yard. I sold the U-Haul to a local couple but I still had two trailers and four Land Rovers in the driveway.

After retiring early this year I've come to the conclusion that the wife is right - I don't really NEED two trailers so I'm reluctantly offering the Puck for sale. Now that we're on a fixed income I'm going to have to budget my car projects and sell one of the trailers.

The Puck tows like a dream and is so light that it’s easier to drag the trailer over to the tow vehicle than to back the car up to the hitch. It takes a 50mm tow ball; 1-7/8 is too small and the 2” is too big. There are a couple of sources for 50mm tow balls here in the US.
One thing I really like about the Puck is that it’s the same width as an old Land Rover (or VW bus) so standard rear view mirrors work fine. You can actually look through the front and rear windows of the trailer using the interior mirror too.

I’ve done a little work to the trailer in the past year – nothing major – just fixing a few things that needed attention. I looked for one of these for six years before finding one so I have a pretty good idea how hard they are to find. This one is in exceptional original condition. I refitted the nose box and replaced the propane bottle mount so it looks just as it did from the factory.

It has what is basically a queen size bed and a small kitchen at the front of the trailer. The pop-up top gives me a couple of inches clearance over six feet. The previous owner removed the furnace and replaced it with a built in A/C unit. A small electric heater will easily keep the trailer warm if 110 power is available. There is no bathroom.

Its really a great trailer and I've used it to attend the Overland Expo East in Asheville, NC and several Land Rover camping events in the southeast. It has also gathered big crowds at several car shows it has participated in.

I'm asking $8700 for the Puck - I'm in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:34 AM   #2

I've decided to reduce the price to $7900 since camping season is starting and I want to get out and put my other trailer to use. I am also including a 50mm trailer ball with the Puck - I went ahead and ordered another one so the new owner would have one available.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #3

Name: Maren
Trailer: In the market
Florida
Is it still for sale? It's really nice.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:07 PM   #4

The Eriba sold this morning to the first guy who called me about it - it's on the way to Tallahassee, FL.

It is a nice little trailer - I'm going to miss it but I still have the other 16' Eriba Triton to enjoy.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:43 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I was sorely tempted,,, but like you, I can't justify having 2 trailers. That Triton is lovely and I'm sure much more practical for 2 people camping