BC SOLD For Sale - 1994 Love Bug 13' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2016, 11:24 AM   #1

Name: Char
Trailer: Escape
British Columbia
SOLD For Sale - 1994 Love Bug 13'

We are offering for sale our incredibly awesome lightweight fiberglass 1994 Love Bug trailer.

We purchased the trailer in November of 2014, stored it for the winter and had it out for about 5 or 6 weekends last summer. We enjoyed the experience so much that we have now upgraded to a larger trailer.

From what we were told when we got the trailer, the people we bought it from had owned it only one year and found that it was too small for their family (they had 3 children). They said that the previous owners had stored it in a garage for many years, and it is obvious because the trailer is in really nice shape.

I know that these trailers are very hard to find and I want to be honest about everything that I know about the trailer so that people do not drive a long way to find something that is not what they are expecting. So here is what I know:

1. The 3-way fridge performed great most of the time, but there were a couple times that we were out in over 30 degree heat and it didn’t seem to keep things very cool. We were running it off of propane.

2. I don’t know if the furnace works because I never figured out how to turn it on. The first thing the instructions said were to turn the valve for the gas on, and I couldn’t find that valve. I didn’t try very hard, because we didn’t really need it.

3. The previous (original) owners took the fan off of the ceiling and installed alittle sky light so that the RV would fit in their garage. (I have the fan)

4. The previous (original) owners also disconnected the fresh water tank, which we didn’t care about, so I don’t know if the pump works (I have both the tank and the pump).

5. The condition inside the trailer is incredibly clean, there is NO sign of dampness, or mildew and it does NOT have that 'old smelly trailer smell'.

6. The outside is also in very good condition.

7. The fiberglass around the latch to the door has some cracks in it, and I have always closed the door by holding the lever open, pulling or pushing the door closed and then letting the lever go so the latch closes the door. I didn't want to cause any more damage – You can see a close up of the damage in the photos.

8. I put a new regulator on the propane because I did not know when it had been replaced last.

9. The people we bought it from had the bearing done, so I did not bother, weonly took the trailer on small trips (mostly 20 minutes from town, and one 2 hour trip).

10. All the window mechanisms work smoothly.

11. I upgraded the lights in the trailer to LED, except the outside porch light didn't work, I didn't try to figure out why. It was my plan to do some re-wiring this year and add some 12V sockets etc.

12. The original awning and poles came with the trailer. I tried to use it once, but it was a pain to get the awning in the little slot along the top of the trialer so Ijust used large tarp that I attached to the driver side of the trailer and pulledover the entire roof and out the front and used the original poles for support. It worked great.

13. The trailer is so light you can easily push it around by hand.

This trailer will make someone an excellent home away from home. We absolutely loved it. We just decided to get something a bit bigger. We are asking $7500 OBO for the trailer.

We are in Nelson, BC.

Lots more photos can be seen at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2rcyp4xyx...e9__It6ka?dl=0
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0752small.jpg   IMG_0758small.jpg  

IMG_3443.jpg   IMG_3470.jpg  

IMG_0749small.jpg   IMG_0751small.jpg  

IMG_0753small.jpg   IMG_0754small.jpg  

IMG_3481.jpg   IMG_3457.jpg  

Old 04-14-2016, 04:36 PM   #2

Name: Char
Trailer: Escape