SOLD/GONE - Free Trailswest Campster in Camarillo, CA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-24-2008, 11:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 Campster
This is a Trailswest Campster that is 100% project. It's a mess but is FREE. The poptop appears missing as do all the windows and door. The cabinets have been torn down and are piled inside the trailer. Someone in need of a project might really enjoy this one. . . but will need to make a sizeable financial commitment to the effort even though the trailer is initially free. Check it out at:

http://ventura.craigslist.org/rvs/731303131.html

Good luck!!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #2

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Thumbs up

Lisa,

How far are you from the project trailer? I am in wyoming, and have been looking for an older fiberglass trailer to restore. Any possibility I could get you to pick it up and I could get it from you this weekend? (I know, really big favor, but I can't imagine that free will stay available for very long...

Pam
Old 06-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 1970 Campster
Dear Pam,

I wish I could help you out with picking up this Campster but there are several variables that prevent me from doing so even though I live a mere 2 hours from it. The first, most important reason is that the trailer does not appear towable in it's current condition: With all of the cabinetry heaped in the middle of the trailer I doubt very seriously that the wiring is intact and the tires do not appear in good shape either. I'm new to this trailer hobby and am not comfortable with the risk. If you examine the trailer carefully, IMHO, you might conclude that this trailer is best picked up on the back of a flatbed. There is no telling what condition the frame is in either. Furthermore, I live in a condo and already have one restoration Campster in the garage. I do not have a place to store an additional trailer.

Have you communicated with the seller yet? Perhaps you can make some kind of arrangement. He only placed the ad on Craigslist yesterday evening. But in all honesty, I do not know how you are going to be able to get the Campster all the way back to Wyoming without spending a sizeable amount of time and money in California just getting it road-ready.

Sorry I could not help you out beyond posting the ad. Best of luck to you in your endeavor!
Lisa

Old 06-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #4

I have left email for the seller, but he left no phone no. Is there anyone else in the area that might help out a egg-less owner wanna-be? The biggest question is most likely the tires, which is fixable. (That and stuff falling out of the trailer at rapid take offs...)

Thanks!

Pam
Old 06-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #5

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Hey there,
I just emailed the guy myself. Im currently in Santa Barbara visiting friends so Im not too far away. My dad MIGHT be interested too, but of course you the original finder has first dibs... At least I can give some in person examination input, right? IF the guy emails me back of course...
Joe
Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Hey there,
I just emailed the guy myself. Im currently in Santa Barbara visiting friends so Im not too far away. My dad MIGHT be interested too, but of course you the original finder has first dibs... At least I can give some in person examination input, right? IF the guy emails me back of course...
I am still waiting to hear from him. I am all ready for a road trip... You are alot closer than I...so many trailers in CA...so few in Wy....hopefully he will email me.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:20 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
So has anybody heard from this guy yet? I've been watching my email and so far nothing. Like I said, I wouldn't mind doing some recon on it, even it I wasn't the one getting it. Have digicam, will travel? hehe Keep me posted guys! Joe
Old 07-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #8

Quote:
So has anybody heard from this guy yet? I've been watching my email and so far nothing. Like I said, I wouldn't mind doing some recon on it, even it I wasn't the one getting it. Have digicam, will travel? hehe Keep me posted guys! Joe
Nope...no word...sure would have been nice if he included a phone no.

Pam
Old 07-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #9

Hey all, I DID hear back from this guy, calling now, hopefully can see it tonight, I'll try to give it a good lookover and take some pics too, K? Joe
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #10

Just got off the phone, trailer went to a good home, but it's gone...

Tags
campster