LA SOLD Mint 1996 LD CASITA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #1

Name: Mel
Trailer: Casita
Florida
SOLD Mint 1996 LD CASITA

This Casita is as beautiful as a brand new one that has been "slightly used and in easy used condition, it has been well taken care of, never been smoked in, no pets, and I believe I'm the first to really use it. The stove is not even darkened on the burners. The interior is all original and does not look used.This 1996 liberty deluxe as I understand it, is the only model ever made that makes into 3 different bed configurations so that it can be arranged to 2 single beds or 1 double or 1 king. The Casita is fully self contained, absolutely nothing wrong with this trailer. The prior owner installed some beautiful tile behind the sink and stove, he was a builder so it looks professionally done and adds a bit of color to the unit. I have tweeked a few things. I added a drop down bracket to hold a TV, which is in the corner where there's a 12V plug or electrical outlet so you can buy a tv that runs off ac or cd current. I added 4 electrical outlets (2 was just not enough) I left all the 12 volt lights that are mounted under the cabinets, but changed the bulbs to LED, and I added LED strip lighting that is on a continuous roll that runs above the cabinet and below the cabinets. They turn on and off, as well as dim, Chase, flash and run all with a remote. It can be as bright as a landing strip, or dimmed for mood lighting. I have installed a microwave which is above the 3 way refrigerator, with a drop down door that is used as a little work area. I have added tinting to the windows to cut down on the UV Rays, and sunlight. It has mini blinds. I replaced the outside water spigot, and the first of August had the entire toilet taken out, system cleaned and the toilet resealed and reseated. I added some storage baskets to the walls in the bathroom along with an accordion mirror that has one side as 20x magnification. I have installed the heat strip on the roof mounted interior A/C unit to allow a choice between propane heat, or electric heat. I have installed a Hott Rod to the water heater to have continuous electric heated water flow as well as a cut off switch should you ever want it off, (really there's never a reason for it to be off, it only works on electricity, and that usually means you are connected to a hose, so why would you not want continuous hot water for those long showers) or you still have the option of propane water heating and the stove does require propane to cook. I have replaced all outside yellowed plastic pieces; vents, vent covers, stove vent, etc. all the rivet snap covers have been replaced as well. I added shelving to the closet along with a mounted safe for your valuables and you can put in your own code. The "casita" decals were not on the unit when I got it, so I ordered the them from the factory and I installed them. The unit did not have a pull out step, so I ordered one and installed that. I have added the plastic cover over the propane tanks as well as a "easy change kit" on the propane so you don't have to get out a crescent wrench to change bottles, you just turn a dial and your pulling off the other tank. I Painted all the frame to a fresh black paint job. I have added a platform to the back of the unit. It was professionally welded to the frame, which makes it permanent unless cut off with a welding torch. The platform holds the suitcase "Powerhouse" generator that will power the entire unit for 3-4 hours. It's very low noise, however it is Not included in the sale. The generator is remote start, or electric key start or pull cord start. If you want this one it has less than 10 hours on it and I'll sell it to you for $700. (New is a 1000$) The fiberglass shell on the Casita is in excellent condition, it has been treated well through out the years, since I have had it I have put on a product to bring it to even a higher gloss, and buffed to a like new appearance. The wheel bearings were just recently checked and greased. There are no leaks, no soft spots and no damage, never had any, so no repairs have been done. This this is like new all original. All maintenance it up to date on this unit, you will not find one in this great of condition for this kind of money. If you know anything about Casita's they hold their value very well. The casita clubs and Rally's are a blast. There's a whole community of full time Casita travelers. It does come with the anti away kit as well. I pull it 80 mph behind my 4Runner and I never know its behind me. I was going to add a awning in the future and outside LED lighting to be under the canopy to light up the outside seating area at a campsite. It too would be remote controlled with all the options the inside lighting has. As of now, before the Canopy is added, and before the outside LED lighting is added the price is $9995 and I do have a clear title in hand.
I will send you pictures
Old 08-14-2015, 09:54 AM   #2

Name: tom
Trailer: shopping
Texas
Registry
Where are you located? The title says LA, but your member info says FL.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #3

Florida
It is titled in Florida but I live in Louisiana for the time being because I have some health issues and can't get back down to Florida
Old 08-14-2015, 10:06 AM   #4

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
Minnesota
Didn't you have this same trailer up for sale a few months ago in a different thread? This sounds familiar. Good luck with the sale.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #5

Florida
I've only listed it here, but it's been in here since March for sale, I've been stuck in Tx and La since July of last year. Now I'm facing a much more serious health issue which is going to limit my abilities even more so. So I decided rather than try and get back down to Florida to sell it, just list it and have people come to Louisiana. That's what I did when I wanted it..... I lived in Lavand bought it sight unseen, and drove to Florida to pick it up!
Old 08-16-2015, 07:11 AM   #6

Name: Mary&Glenn
Trailer: In the market
Louisiana
Where in LA are you? East, North, Central, South, Southwest?
We would like to see it.
Thanks, Mary M
Old 08-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #7

Florida
I am in the north west corner. In the town of Minden. 71055 zip code
Old 08-16-2015, 08:12 AM   #8

Florida
Thank you. And it's a 17ft LD CASISITA 1996
Old 08-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #9

Louisiana
Will get back to you soon as possible. Husband working part-time
and jury duty early next week. Hoping for early dismissal so we can travel.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:15 PM   #10

Florida
Where r u located?
Old 08-16-2015, 09:27 PM   #11

Louisiana
Due south of you in Calcasieu Parish...near Westlake 70669.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #12

Florida
Okay just holler when ready !
Old 08-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #13

Louisiana
Husband has said we cannot pull 17.
Good luck with sale.
Wishing better health for you!
Old 08-18-2015, 12:43 PM   #14

Florida
Thank thank you so much! What kind of vehicle do you have as a pull vehicle?
Old 08-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #15
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
How to Add Photos to a Post

Here's post #7 of the "Forums 101" thread, in the Forum Admin section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
You can directly upload images to a post or embed images that are hosted elsewhere.

To upload an image from your computer:
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1600 x 1600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are have unlimited storage space for images posted to threads and posts. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads however in consideration of those with slower internet connections.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.

We have an automated way to do all this - click on go advanced and then select the image icon from the tool bar in the reply editor. A box will pop up asking for the url of the image you want to embed. Fill out the box and post your reply.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 08-23-2015, 10:51 PM   #16

Florida
Pics 1996 LD CASITA MINT

Hope this works! Well it only will upload one pic..... Ugh!! And it is sideways!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-23-2015, 10:53 PM   #17

Florida
1996 LD CASITA mint

Another pic..... Maybe
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-23-2015, 10:55 PM   #18