Sold: MO: St. Louis '87 U-Haul - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #15

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
Ed, it would be great if you'd take a peek and let us know here on the board!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #16

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
It turns out that this is not really in the STL area although he listed it in the STL CL.
It is more than an hour away so I am not planning to go see it probably.

On the other hand if I need to go that direction I will certainly arrange to take a look at it.
It has been for sale for a while now so ?????

Old 02-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #17

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Just so you know, Leasburg is about 2:15 from Springfield, so it's a lot closer than St. Louis. This is a pretty short drive for most people looking for a fiberglass trailer. Maybe you can make a weekend drive up there? I know we drove from Chicago to western Arkansas for ours. (For all practical purposes... we were on our way back from Texas when we actually picked it up.) Please excuse me if this is sounding snotty... I just know folks drive quite a ways to see trailers. I don't know your situation, so this may not be possible.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #18

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Kevin
I assume you are not talking to me here?
Believe me I know.
I have been as far as STL to Tucson to pick one up.

So you speak the truth for sure!
If it were a lot closer I would certainly have looked it over but I think the initial listing here didn't mention Leasburg or at least I didn't notice it if it did?

Come to think of it I have had 7 different trailers so far and have only found one of them Local or even as close as this one and it was the T@B.

I think the hunt is just part of the experience.

Ed
Old 02-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #19

Oak Park, IL
Sorry, Ed. The comment was for Marc who originally asked if you could go look at it. I wasn't clear!!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #20

Name: Bill
Trailer: Trails West
Illinois
The CL page seems to be gone now.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #21

Name: marc
Trailer: in the market
Missouri
Thanks for the offer anyway. We don't mind travelling to pick up a trailer. It is just a long drive with three very small kids. Its probably closer to three hrs for us as we do not live in springfield, just close. That still isn't as far as I thought it would be though. There is another one that is about six hrs away we want to look at and thought we could save a trip with this one. Its not a biggy though. I wouldn't travel that far for something I am not buying either.
Any advice on specific questions to ask or things to look for? We have no experience with these trailers.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #22

Oak Park, IL
Marc, I would suggest you search on this site for "suggestions for buying or looking at a new trailer." There have been lots of posts about things to watch out for and there is a checklist on this site about definite things to ask about and check. I think that is in the documents section of the site. Donna D. would know for sure!

The link is on the home page for Fiberglassrv. Go to Resources/Document Center/Buyer's Checklist. This is on the lower left of the home page.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #23

Missouri
Thanks. I don't really know what this page has to offer as we only have our phone and the mobil site only has the classifieds really. I'll check that out though.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #24

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Boy, Mark,

With 3 kids, I really think you should look for something larger.

CindyL
Old 02-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #25

Missouri
Haha, thanks Cindy for the advice. We actually just got rid of a little vintage 13 ft trailer so we know about size. It worked ok sizewise it was just too heavy for what we wanted and it wasn't very air tight. Some of the windows didn't close all the way and we could see outside from the crack in the door.
Our kids are small enough that two can share a bottom bunlk for a couple more years and the smallest can sleep with us. Then there is the floor for a sleeping bag.
We travel a lot to craft shows so it is really more for a bed on wheels and somewhere to take the kids during the day for schoolwork or coloring or whatever to keep them occupied out of our booth.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #26

Name: Viktor
Trailer: Egg
Missouri
Hi All, I'm the guy with this camper. I met one of your people yesterday and he told about this site...Nice guy--he chose another model by the way. I'm Glad he did too! As it turns out, while showing it to him, and another interested party later, it brought back a lot of memories...SO I DECIDED TO KEEP IT! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anyway, This Ct-13 has a manufacturers date of 1/25/87. I purchased it with a notarized bill of sale only a long time ago and remember jumping through hoops to get the title. Partly because the original vin plate was MIA and the sticker on the inside of the lower cabinet door was all skuffed up by a rattling metal fire extinguisher! I have the originally manufacturers sticker with all the appliance and equipment numbers though. :]

Hope to see you all out and about...as for me...I'm hauling to the campsite in about an hour and I'm Eggstatic!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #27

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Well, now that you found us and are keeping your UHaul (Great choice, BTW!), join us at a rally or 20 sometime.

CindyL