SOLD ~ My 13ft Burro is Gone.. *sniff* - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I sure hate to let this little Red one go, but .. time to move up in size and he needs a new home to make room for the new Bigger Brother.

The Shady Bush II is far from stock, it has many nice upgrades! It weighs in at 1450 fully loaded. It is also set up for boondocking in style.

OUTSIDE:

Good ~

It has a rare and unique aluminum frame, making the tow weight lighter. It has been reinforced at the bends (After a break) by an FAA certified aluminum welder and fabricator. It is boxed, not strapped. The frame will still be around and sturdy long after we all have left this mortal coil.

Electric brakes and break away switch, working well, 7 pin Bargman pigtail w/charge line.
20lb propane tank that's carried in a Mugadot tank carrier. Tank removal is a snap, lift out after unstrapping.. no tools required!

LED Brake and turn lights, all running and side markers work great, back up light (Not wired) out door lamp by door. ST Tires and bearings are a little over a year old. Has nifty hubcaps too! :-P
Axle is still in great shape, I suspect it may have been replaced before I bought it.
Extended rear bumper with stabilizers and rear mount spare tire with cover.
Door has been remounted in body with reinforced hinges. Bargman lock works fine.

Bad ~

I never finished the paint job! It needs to be detailed and cleaned up at the trim.
Front and rear windows and roof vent sprung leaks last year. I stopped them with butyl tape in a pinch, but they need to be pulled and resealed properly. The tape will need to be cleaned off the window frame on the inside at points. I never cleaned them and the caulk trails because I had intended to pull the windows and do it all at once. I will do the best I can on short notice to clean the trails.

BTW, the leaks caused no permanent damage, I am on them quickly, but the windws DO need to be done soon.

INSIDE:

Maple faced cabinets and table tops, light and cheery, Orange upholstery, in very good condition, including foam, currently in a front dinette configuration, but I have the gaucho cushion and it can convert back in about 5 minutes if you prefer.
Vinyl “wood” strip flooring, overhead shelves at both ends, no bunk bed option.
Appliances ~ All work well, 3 way Dometic Fridge, Olympian Wave 3 cat heater NEW, has been used maybe 40 hours or less, 2 burner stove, 4 LED domes, 2 14” cold cathode lamps, 2 12v Fluorescents and under counter incandescent fixture.
Fold down table at bedside, matches all cabinetry. Many nifty storage mods, drawers and shelving under sink, Front access cubbies with matching Cabinetry.
No converter, it has a Schumacher 12v charger on a good group 24 Interstate Deep Cycle Battery (Two years old)
*Solar system fixtures and panels do not go with the trailer, sorry.
Electric and hand water pumps installed at sink. 15 gallon fresh water tank, no city water hook up.
Smoke CO2 and propane detectors, fire extinguisher.
Roof vent w/fan. (See above)
The center seam is covered in a white sheet plastic, so no fuzzy carpet overhead. The whole inside is nice and bright.
Factory insulated between the shells.
Lots of 12v outlets and 2 dual 120v outlets.
Storage cubbies made more accessible from front. Extra cubbie added under closet

Bad:

Needs better curtains. Front window and door window have damaged screens. I have the material.
Rear dinette/bed will have to have the floor leg and socket reinstalled if you want to use it as a table. I have the socket and hardware.

“STUFF” INCLUDED:

Nifty Wal Mart screen room in a nice carrying case
Porta Potti (Thetford 155)
2 extra 20 amp hour gel cell batteries with AC chargers and 5 amp Solar charge controller.
Rosen 12v swing out LCD tv with tuner and cable/dvd inputs. (Cable inputs are mounted in trailer) 8”. 2 remote controls. 12v powered speakers, not mounted, but wired in.
Small portable swamp cooler, AC powered.
Stabilizer jacks custom cut and welded for the Burros frame height.
400 watt Power inverter

This guy is ready to go as is. I have suffered thru and repaired the two main Burro quirks, the braking frame and the flying door, so you won’t have to every worry about when these things might happen to you! I would not hesitate to hitch up and drive cross country with it tomorrow!

The famous Red Coffee pot is NOT included! :-P

3200 firm, yep thats the lowest I'll go.. we can save the dickering :-P I have way more into it than that.

PM me for/with contact info.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #2

Registry
Some pics

Keep in mind, this is the outside while the paint was still fresh, and before I put the propane tank back on.

The fridge is actually clean, really.
Attached Thumbnails
curbstrip.jpg   burro13fridge.jpg  

Old 02-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #3

Registry
Bedside flip up "end table" mod
Attached Thumbnails
burro13bedstand.jpg   burrobedstdown.jpg  

Old 02-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 17 ft.5 ft
I have a Element ..I think you also tow with a Element ..If so I am interested .

Bill in San Diego
Old 02-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #5

Registry
Hi Bill, PM me with your phone #.. the trailer will be in San diego next weekend!
Old 02-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #6

Registry
Front Dinette mod.

The large table in the back is the same maple material and looks great!

The red cushions are long gone, I have lighter pillows and arm pillows now.
Attached Thumbnails
dinette2.jpg  
Old 02-04-2007, 11:05 PM   #7

Registry
Here is a pic of the bed down.
Attached Thumbnails
fluffybed.jpg  
Old 02-05-2007, 08:34 AM   #8

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Quote:
Here is a pic of the bed down.
shew ya scared me there, nice to hear the burro has a big brother, or sister.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #9

Registry
No No.. I am not backing out of the fiberglass world. I got a 17 foot Burro and can't store both trailers.

I want this guy to go to a loving home!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #10

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Hi Gina,
curious about your tow vehicle for the bigger brother burro (wasn't there a musical group "Flying Burrito Brothers"?) We are also using Honda Element towing 13' Boler (80 originally, now a 78 which seems a tad lighter).
Joel and Katie
-----------------------
Quote:
No No.. I am not backing out of the fiberglass world. I got a 17 foot Burro and can't store both trailers.

I want this guy to go to a loving home!
Old 02-10-2007, 12:54 PM   #11

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Gina,
Every time I see a pic of your 13' Burro, it reminds me of my Grandparents cabin that was on an island up in Ontario. The cabin was the same red & white paint scheme, it had no electricity, and was almost as small. I have great memories of that place.
Very cool! Dave
Old 02-11-2007, 02:10 PM   #12

Registry
I will be towing the 17 with a Jeep Liberty 6cyl. It seems to do OK!

The 13 and an Element are a perfect combo.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #13

Registry
Here are a few more pics. One of the front dinette mod with different cushions, and one of the big dinnette table.
Attached Thumbnails
b13bigdine.jpg   b13fdine.jpg  

Old 02-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #14

Registry
Kitchen with 3 way fridge sink and stove, and the nifty Rossen swing out TV.

I love this TV and may be able to negotiate on the price a little if buyer will let it go.

Trailer is now located in San Diego.
Attached Thumbnails
b13kitch.jpg   b13tv.jpg  

Old 02-14-2007, 02:20 PM   #15

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Ah, Gina - you have done so many wonderful & special mods to Shady Bush II, you surely won't have any trouble finding the right 'home' for it at your firm asking price. In fact, if we weren't already happily wandering with our Scamp, I'd already have raided the savings acct and saved you the tow to San Dieog for storage! We look forward to seeing you and the McMansion in July, and know you will have soooo many great adventures with this new outfit. Take care, L 'n D
Old 02-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #16

Name: Jack
Trailer: Scampless in Oregon
Oregon
Uhhhh.... Gina,
Have you sold the "Shady Bush II" yet?

..... if I send you a check, would you be able to store her till summer?? (...or arrange "VERY" reasonable storage arrangements....)
Please advise..... (you did say she has brakes? .... round 7 prong plug?)
Jack
Old 02-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #17

Registry
Jack, PM sent.

Yes, it has brakes and a 7 pin. All working fine.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #18

Registry
Trailer is now up on eBay.

Shaady Bushh II up for auction
Old 02-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #19

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
There are several fiberglass trailers on ebay right now - two Burros, a Scamp, an Amerigo, a Scampster, and something that looks like a Boler to me, but the seller is not sure what it is.

CindyL
Old 02-17-2007, 10:27 PM   #20

Trailer: 1987 17 ft Burro
Quote:
Trailer is now up on eBay.

Shaady Bushh II up for auction
Gina, FYI, I can find your trailer on ebay by linking the above, but if anyone is on Ebay and asks for Burro RV, Burro Trailer or Burro Travel Trailer, it does not come up. Looks like another Burro is getting some pretty good prices, so you might check your listing.

Tags
burro