WI SOLD: scamp 13 ft camper for sale $2850 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #15

Name: Al
Trailer: 1982 13 foot Scamp
Wisconsin
245rv...If and when you do decide to sell.it will make it make it so much easier.Plus,who wants to be pulled over by out of state law enforcement while they try to confirm if you're legal or not?

Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #16

Name: Al
Trailer: 1982 13 foot Scamp
Wisconsin
EddyEd...Twin Ports or to the east?I'm planning trips to the Chequamegon in June and I hope for Fall colors.Maybe up the North Shore.Have you seen the link for Duluth eggfest in Sept?

Old 04-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #17

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
Twin Ports here. I am signed up for the Egg gathering in Bemidgji, MN and will be signing up for the Duluth one as well. I am looking forward to both of them.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #18

Name: Rickie
Trailer: 78 scamp '13
Michigan
My family and I first seen our grandpas '84 scamp, and thought it was the coolest little camper, but didn't see the need for one until last summer when I quit my 3rd job at a local country bar which took up all my weekends. while camping in a tent on July 4th we decided it was time to quit sleeping on the ground. That week we bought our '78 scamp. Now that my sister and her husband have seen what our little milk jug has transformed into, they would like to get one as well. could you send some pictures and let me know if the bearings are packed, tires ok, ect.
If shes happy with it, my grandpa and I will drive to WI from Grand Rapids MI to pick her up. Thanks....and sorry for rambling Rickie
Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #19

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyEd
Looks like this has already been confirmed but being a Wisconsin resident and new fiberglass camper owner I know for a fact that it IS required to register and but tags on your little camper. It was over $100 to title and register and I just paid my yearly dues of $15 for the 2013 sticker. Still I think it is well worth it.
I too am a WI resident, and fiberglass owner. The scamp should have a title or certificate of origin. The trailer was manufactured with a VIN. Plates and registration are dependant on weight and total length, not the "rigid wall" structure of the trailer. The mobile home license plate is intended for just that, a mobile home. I've gone through this with several campers, and numerous discussions with our local motor vehicle carrier inspector. In 15 years I havent put plates on a single one of my campers. I did prior to that with an old "travel trailer"(small heavy stick built), and the MVCI told me I was wasting my money. Same thing applies to enclosed cargo trailers. Under a certain weight and size, no plates required. It still might be advisable to have plates if you plan to travel outside of WI much. MI state patrol has never bothered me yet.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #20

Name: Ray
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Is this unit still available?
Ray
Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #21

Name: randy
Trailer: scamp 13ft
Wisconsin
update

to those that have wrote me about this camper yes it is still for sale i am just waiting on the title from the state i had to go thru all the hoops,,,now it takes 2 months to process ,it should be here soon as soon as i get it in hand i will post that is is ready to be sold thanks............................................ .....
Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #22

Name: Ray
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Randy,
Do you have any pictures you can send to i800381@gmail.com?
Ray
Old 07-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #23

Name: kevin
Trailer: 1990 scamp 16ft
Kentucky
could you send some pictures to ampline@yahoo.com too? thanks... been looking for a scamp. enjoy
Old 08-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #24

Name: randy
Trailer: scamp 13ft
Wisconsin
scamp

thanks to all that had intrest in my camper ,the camper is now sold,,,, now i have to find a bigger one ,,,,

Tags
scamp