WI SOLD: scamp 13 ft camper for sale $2850 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #1

Name: randy
Trailer: scamp 13ft
Wisconsin
SOLD: scamp 13 ft camper for sale $2850

i have a 13 ft scamp camper that i want to sell ,its a 76 model year if i recall,its vary usable it has a sink,fridge, cube heater,the stove was removed and a cutting board is there now,for the year its clean the frame is nice the floor is solid,the finish is dull it cleans up with wax but does fade after time ,there is a small gap at the bottom of door i think a little thicker door gasket would fix that,there are no leaks that i am aware of,it had a roof leak when i got it and found it was a loose rivet i sealed them and no more leaks, there is a spare tire and cover on the back,someone did add a window style air conditioner in the closet area,i dont use it if i do not sell camper i am going to remove it,carpet is good cushions are good there is a small round hole in the couch cushion i just keep that on the bottom,it has rock guard on front,tires are ok,,,,,,i am from wi and never took it out of state i never got title for the camper but will write sales reseat i want 2850.00 for it and that is firm,the season is here so i will post this for a week more or less and if no sale i am just going to use it one more year,i want to upgrade to a 16 ft scamp,,,,,thanks
Old 04-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 245 rv View Post
i have a 13 ft scamp camper that i want to sell ,its a 76 model year if i recall,its vary usable it has a sink,fridge, cube heater,the stove was removed and a cutting board is there now,for the year its clean the frame is nice the floor is solid,the finish is dull it cleans up with wax but does fade after time ,there is a small gap at the bottom of door i think a little thicker door gasket would fix that,there are no leaks that i am aware of,it had a roof leak when i got it and found it was a loose rivet i sealed them and no more leaks, there is a spare tire and cover on the back,someone did add a window style air conditioner in the closet area,i dont use it if i do not sell camper i am going to remove it,carpet is good cushions are good there is a small round hole in the couch cushion i just keep that on the bottom,it has rock guard on front,tires are ok,,,,,,i am from wi and never took it out of state i never got title for the camper but will write sales reseat i want 2850.00 for it and that is firm,the season is here so i will post this for a week more or less and if no sale i am just going to use it one more year,i want to upgrade to a 16 ft scamp,,,,,thanks
My advice to you is to apply for and procure a title before you put it up for sale. The effort and expense will be rewarded several times over as long as it can be done. If it can't be done then you ought not foist it off on someone else.
In the Scamp world it's "upsize" not "upgrade"!
Pictures please!!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #3

Wisconsin
ohhh o

in wi small campers dont need plates so i never worried about it,bought from a good friend so i know were it came from,,,,,i will call dmv and see what they say about getting title ,,,,,,
Old 04-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool Wisconsin does not title small trailers

The title of this post was correct when we moved in 1977 and apparently still is.

When we moved I had to get the the boat trailer weighed (sans boat).

We were issued a conditional title. If the boat/trailer didn't show up as stolen after a certain amount of time, I think it was two years, Washington State then issued a full title.

YMMV

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #5

Name: Al
Trailer: 1982 13 foot Scamp
Wisconsin
245 rv...WI DMV will tell you otherwise.A pop up does not.But a "hard sided recreational vehicle",regardless of weight,does.Any state trooper will confirm this.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #6

Wisconsin
ohhh oo

i did check they told me as long as it was under 3000,pounds i did not need one ,i have been all over wi and never stopped,,,,,not saying i am not wrong i will have to ask a trooper,,,maby i have been lucky
Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #7

Wisconsin
title

i just did some reading on line in wi it looks like you do not need title,or plate if trailer is under 3000 pounds and not for hire or rent,,,,,i still will call for piece of mind when they are open,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 04-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #8

Wisconsin
Could be I was told wrong. ( Could DMV do that?) When I bought mine,it had a plate,so I just transfered the title,now the plate is only $15/yr.Plus the serial number is registered in case it ever gets stolen. Heaven forbid.Up date your post as to what shakes loose.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #9

Wisconsin
Also..I have a friend from Tomahawk looking for one.How close are you?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #10

Wisconsin
i am from menomonee falls wi,,,,,southeastern wi,,,,,,its 4 hours from here to eagle river if that helps
Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #11

Wisconsin
Thanks.I'm not sure if he'd want to drive that far.But there's a post on craigslist/Wausau, rvs,"looking for scamp..."
Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #12

Wisconsin
I did more digging and found info regarding registering a Scamp in Wis:
Mobile homes, recreational trailers and other trailers - Wisconsin Department of Transportation

WI statute 340.01(6m) defines a camping trailer (collapsible)
WI statute 340.01(48r) defines a recreational vehicle (rigid walls)

It looks like the 3000 lb. law is for collapsibles (pop ups)

From my viewpoint,it looks as if a Scamp needs to be registered.
But then again,I'm no lawyer.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #13

Wisconsin
,,,,well after a 20 minute wait on hold with the dmv i have been informed yes i need a plate i guess i have been lucky to have never been pulled over and my friend that had it before me,,,,,,,,the nice folks at the dmv are sending me the paper work i need so soon i will be legal after going thru all this maby i should keep it one more year,,,but my dog says if you want me to go camping i want more room,,,,,
Old 04-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #14

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
Looks like this has already been confirmed but being a Wisconsin resident and new fiberglass camper owner I know for a fact that it IS required to register and but tags on your little camper. It was over $100 to title and register and I just paid my yearly dues of $15 for the 2013 sticker. Still I think it is well worth it.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #15

Wisconsin
245rv...If and when you do decide to sell.it will make it make it so much easier.Plus,who wants to be pulled over by out of state law enforcement while they try to confirm if you're legal or not?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #16

Wisconsin
EddyEd...Twin Ports or to the east?I'm planning trips to the Chequamegon in June and I hope for Fall colors.Maybe up the North Shore.Have you seen the link for Duluth eggfest in Sept?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:20 AM   #17

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
Twin Ports here. I am signed up for the Egg gathering in Bemidgji, MN and will be signing up for the Duluth one as well. I am looking forward to both of them.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #18

Name: Rickie
Trailer: 78 scamp '13
Michigan
My family and I first seen our grandpas '84 scamp, and thought it was the coolest little camper, but didn't see the need for one until last summer when I quit my 3rd job at a local country bar which took up all my weekends. while camping in a tent on July 4th we decided it was time to quit sleeping on the ground. That week we bought our '78 scamp. Now that my sister and her husband have seen what our little milk jug has transformed into, they would like to get one as well. could you send some pictures and let me know if the bearings are packed, tires ok, ect.
If shes happy with it, my grandpa and I will drive to WI from Grand Rapids MI to pick her up. Thanks....and sorry for rambling Rickie
Old 04-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #19

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyEd
Looks like this has already been confirmed but being a Wisconsin resident and new fiberglass camper owner I know for a fact that it IS required to register and but tags on your little camper. It was over $100 to title and register and I just paid my yearly dues of $15 for the 2013 sticker. Still I think it is well worth it.
I too am a WI resident, and fiberglass owner. The scamp should have a title or certificate of origin. The trailer was manufactured with a VIN. Plates and registration are dependant on weight and total length, not the "rigid wall" structure of the trailer. The mobile home license plate is intended for just that, a mobile home. I've gone through this with several campers, and numerous discussions with our local motor vehicle carrier inspector. In 15 years I havent put plates on a single one of my campers. I did prior to that with an old "travel trailer"(small heavy stick built), and the MVCI told me I was wasting my money. Same thing applies to enclosed cargo trailers. Under a certain weight and size, no plates required. It still might be advisable to have plates if you plan to travel outside of WI much. MI state patrol has never bothered me yet.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #20

Name: Ray
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Is this unit still available?
Ray

Tags
scamp