SOLD - Uhaul 13' 1984 trailer for sale MA/NH ($3000 firm) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-28-2008, 09:19 AM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Bought this last year, made a bunch of improvements, and find ourselves having to sell it. The trailer's in very good condition. It had one owner for most of it's life who took great care of it, and who sold it to someone who didn't use it at all. I store it in southern NH and will have pictures next week, when I go up to get it out of winter storage & put it back near Boston. The price is firm - I paid more for it, and have put in a ton of work & 1k of improvements that go with the trailer. I simply don't want to keep it for months to try & get the most possible for it. I can arrange to show it up there, too - just get in touch. For more info, email me at uhaul13@mac.com.

What needs repair/replacement:
The original hood & vent over the stove doesn't work & is too corroded to salvage. I simply open the fan to cook, as the stove works perfectly, and this vents fine for me. One window has a small leak, due to the old rubber seal - that needs replacing. The valve that empties gray water needs to be replaced - it's a small plastic knob at the rear of the trailer, there is no gray-water tank.

What I added/changed:
Tore out the original, non-working swamp cooler & replaced it with a professionally installed Shurflow Comfort Air fan w/a remote control. New 20 lb. propane tank. Tossed all the original foam seats & put in high quality foam w/a protective cover - the dining table is the original fiberglass, but I decided to leave the bed set up permanently, so there's one solid piece of foam for that area. New marine battery. Removed the original curtains (dry rot) and left up wire hangers, currently using curtain clips on dish cloths for curtains. Tore out indoor-outdoor carpeting & put down a padded vinyl floor, in a faux-straw-mat pattern. Replaced the hatch covers with birch plywood. New smoke & CO detectors, fire extinguisher.

Tires are new, as is spare. There's a nice porta-potty, a dorm fridge in the old icebox spot - that works great. The original wiring is intact & functional, complete w/a converter. Some of the original fluorescents work. The original screen door is in perfect shape - velcro's to the door frame. The bunk bed posts work well, and the last owner made a nice plywood platform to replace the original. The sink has a hand pump and you can use either the tank or a hose connection.

There are no external Uhaul decals left - a small blue & purple squiggle (think standard RV decoration) has replaced it. The internal fiberglass is in perfect shape, and the external looks good to me - a little oxidized, but no visible cracks, dents or repairs. The rock guard's original, too.

This trailer tows behind my Honda Element like a dream.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16 1985
I wish you were closer to my home in Southern California, I would surely buy it from you!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #3

Trailer: Burro
Julia,

I e-mailed a request for information as I am interested. I love that you have a full cushion for the bed. When we had our Burro, we set it up so that the bed was always in place and made a mini table where the bunks were located.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 05-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
will you throw the Beagle in?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #5

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Quote:
You get another Beagle, Gina, and you'll need another trailer to hold them all--plus the cat!
Old 05-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #6

Quote:
I'd have to pay YOU the three thousand dollars to keep her! She's very cute, but not at all good. ;-)
Old 05-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If this is still available please let me know.i can look at it any time,thanks Dan
Old 05-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #8

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
I'd have to pay YOU the three thousand dollars to keep her!
that should about cover the liability insurance premiums.

I may have to pitch in a few pennies, come to think of it.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:24 AM   #9

Hi - the trailer's been sold, sorry I couldn't post that sooner! Julia

Tags
u-haul, uhaul