IN SOLD: Vintage 72 Compact Jr Camper - $5350 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2016, 03:42 PM   #1

Name: Brenda
Trailer: HUNTER
Indiana
SOLD: Vintage 72 Compact Jr Camper - $5350

1972 Compact JR Built by Hunter Structures, Chatsworth, California. Body is made of molded fiberglass. 10' long, 5.5' high, 6' wide, additional pop up trolley top to 75" standing room. Weight 1200 lbs packed for camping-900 lbs empty. Uses a 2'' inch ball with 4 Wire flat connector. She is a head turner. Be ready to talk to all the lookers at the campground. Everybody loves it. She's had a complete redo. All windows have been removed, cleaned and new butyl tape installed. So they are water tight. New wiring with new 35 amp WFCO converter and 30' 30 amp plug. Can accommodate a 30 Amp main AC circuit breaker and up to five branch circuits. Eleven-branch DC circuits are available with LED lights for each DC circuit to illuminate and identify open circuits. New LED lights inside and out. Newer deep cell battery. New tires and the bearings have just been packed and serviced. Comes with an extra set of tires that are in good shape and can be used as spares. New plumbing can be hooked up to campground water or has a small tank for the hand pump. 3 Burner stove that works wonderfully. Gas lines have been replaced and updated. 2 newer 12lb propane bottles. NO fridge it had an icebox we installed and AC in its place. So yes it has Air Conditioning. . ...It is very cold and works like a dream. Has a working propane heater. Great for boon docking. Canvas top is in good shape and original. One of the screens has a small tear that has been repaired. Perfectly useable for a good while longer. Floors are solid. Newly painted interior. New upholstery and 4'' foam with 2'' memory foam. Very comfortable. The bed is a queen when not set up as a dinette. Sleeps 2, 3 if you're cozy. Camper outside is in good shape but is a little faded. I just couldn't bring myself to remove the vintage VW bug hippy flowers. It's about the only thing that is not perfect and mostly because age. We'll also will include the 10x10 add a room that attaches to the back door if the price is right. This is great and adds so much more living space. She is 45 years old so like us she has a few smile lines, but still is a beautiful lady. Clear title in my name so transfer will be easy. We are asking $5350.00
We have more than that in her and 100's of loving hours spent doing her up. Just Hope to find Happy a good home. Call, Text, Email me any questions.
Peace Y'all!!!!

P.S. New Rock guard in last picture was just put on. Other one in pictures was cracked. Also yellow awning comes with it too.
Pictures and my contact info is in the Craigslist add below.
Can't get them to load. You can also go to my profile.

Vintage 72 Compact Jr Camper
Old 07-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
I like the interior. Nice
Old 07-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #3

Name: Tap
Trailer: 2015 17' Casita Independence, 2010 Escape 19’
Florida
Adorable.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Somebody's going to get a darling trailer! What a cute job you've done. Beautiful!
Old 07-08-2016, 06:58 AM   #5

Name: Sherry
Trailer: In the Market
New Hampshire
OMG I love it!!!!! But you are a 14 hour drive... oh... I wish!!!! Do you think it could sleep 2 adults, a toddler and 3 pups? I wonder if I could get it shipped... I've been looking at Teardrops... but this might be better!
Old 07-08-2016, 07:54 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EligiosMommy View Post
OMG I love it!!!!! But you are a 14 hour drive... oh... I wish!!!! Do you think it could sleep 2 adults, a toddler and 3 pups? I wonder if I could get it shipped... I've been looking at Teardrops... but this might be better!
There's only one bed, but it's a big one, about 72"x70" (assuming it hasn't been modified from stock).
Old 07-08-2016, 10:05 AM   #7

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Texas
Registry
This is a cutie! I just bought a 1974 Hunter and can't wait to go camping. We get our a/c installed Mon. I was looking at where this one was located. My last trailer was a teardrop and I am glad I can stand in this new trailer and have a place to sit. I like that the bed is front to back and not across. And the best part is it just fits thru my 81" garage door.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:43 PM   #8

Indiana
Thanks Y'all. I'm gonna miss her when she's gone. We moving up to a bigger one. She is going to a young lady in Colorado today. She's drive 15 hours to get her. If it don't work out I'll let you all know.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #9

Indiana
Happy Camper is on her way to Colorado. She is SOLD! Full price offer. Thanks All!

Tags
vin