SOLD_SCAMP 5th WHEEL-Hamilton Tx - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Thumbs down

Scamp

Quote:
I posted this for a friend he has more information on this camper. I have seen this camper and believe it is a great deal it has A/C, heat, shower, stove, fridge, it is a really clean camper you can e-mail him personally for more information at kwfish[at]embarqmail.com or you can call me for more pics or to come take a look at (252)216-0022
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Old 02-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Quote:
Scamp

wow that is the deal of the week !
Old 02-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry

Name:   3m73o13p5ZZZZZZZZZ92ob1250bd630c01e2f.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  7.5 KB

Name:   3n63ke3m5ZZZZZZZZZ92o16593787c4b11d16.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  5.7 KB

This is a Scamp SUPER buy of the week.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #4

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
wish I could have that. Does anyone know what year it is?

Old 02-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #5

Trailer: 1999 Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe

There was a man waiting for me when I came home with cash. Sorry but hanks for checking.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #6

Don't think that's a surprise. First one in gets these....
Anyone here the man waiting at the house with the cash???
Old 02-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #7

heck for that price, im surprised there wasn't a line of folks..
Old 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #8

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I don't know that there's anything wrong with selling a trailer at market value that you happened to buy for less, but this person really needs to learn to use spell-check and take off the caps lock. That ad is painful to (try to) read. Here is one (!) sentence (okay, no period at the end so I'm making a slight assumption...)

SINGEL AXLE ROOF AIR ORNING SLEEPS 5 FRONT HAS QUEEN SIZE BED ALSO HAS SOFA BUNK THAT CAN SLEEP 2 MIDDEL KITCHEN AREA WITH 3 BURNER GAS STOVE SINK ELECTRIC FRIGE REAR DINNETE MAKES A BED HAS SIDE BATHROOM WITH SHOWER AND COMODE HAVE ALL ORGENAL MANUL BOOKS THAT GO WITH IT CLEAN TITEL ALSO HAVE NEW DECALS JUST NEED TO PUT THEM ON PLENTY OF ROOM AND STOREGE GOOD TIRES A AND SPARE READY TO GO ASAKING $6250 O.B.O CALL FOR MORE INFO AT 817 724 2282

It's funny: I write the above even though the "instant flipping" is a bit distasteful to me. I've seen a guy in California do this with a number of trailers and each time have found it somewhat annoying. But logically I realize there is nothing wrong with it.

Granted it seems silly to set the "flip price" so high. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Raya
Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #9

Quote:
It's funny: I write the above even though the "instant flipping" is a bit distasteful to me. I've seen a guy in California do this with a number of trailers and each time have found it somewhat annoying. But logically I realize there is nothing wrong with it.

Granted it seems silly to set the "flip price" so high. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Raya
I absolutely agree with you Raya, that there is nothing at least legally wrong in "instant flipping" where you try to take advantage of people on both sides of a transaction to your benefit. The way I view it though, is if and when I see one of these going down I'm going to try and protect our members so that they are fully informed of the history if they want to go in and negotiate for one of those trailers. There have been a few of these we've been able to catch over the last year.
I am interested in "flipping" as well, but in my definition, I would be buying at the right price and rehabbing the trailer so that the buyer would be getting an excellent value of a restored trailer on the back end. So far though I haven't seen many that have enough room in the pricing to do it and I've been too slow to get to the one's that have.
On this one the instant flippers price is quite a bit above recent "market value" for this trailer in this condition so it will be interesting to watch and see what occurs.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #10

has anybody contacted the seller and asked any questions.. Im curious to see how this plays out..

Good thing we have Greg on here to catch this.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #11

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Arrow

Flipping has become a fact of life, only because someone has been successful at it. We can only hope now he is too greedy and has to keep this trailer.

Quote:
...but this person really needs to learn to use spell-check and take off the caps lock. That ad is painful to (try to) read. Here is one (!) sentence (okay, no period at the end so I'm making a slight assumption...)
Warning! I do spelling and punctuation corrections on posts [b]on this site, when I catch them.
It frustrates me to lack that power over Craigslist, and other sites.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #12

Just so we can keep this all straight.
This is the deal of the week that the instant flipper bought last week.
I asked when it sold if anyone here had gotten this, but they'll never fess up now if it was.......

And here is his ad today trying to turn it.
Instant Flip Attempt
Old 03-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #13

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
Just so we can keep this all straight.
This is the deal of the week that the instant flipper bought last week.
Oops, I may have confused things; I thought I had posted my comments to the "New" thread, with the flip price, but I must have posted to this one accidentally.

Yes, part of me wanted to cry out on the flip trailers I saw, as they were the same thing - buy and then sell right away with no labor put in. To top it off, the seller used the same "excuse" for selling each time. Now maybe it was in all innocence, but it didn't seem like it.

It does seem different when someone buys a grubby or neglected trailer and then cleans it up. I guess the "value added" labor gives a better feeling. But I suppose the instant flipping is about the same as trading stocks, in that I doubt those poeple "improve" the companies whose stock they trade.

Still doesn't feel the same though, does it? And the "greedy" turn-around price adds a bit of salt when the person could make a tidy profit while still giving someone a good deal.

Raya