Spare Parts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I have been looking for a fiberglass travel trailer and have found one that needs alot of work. The inside is just about gutted and the rear glass has been boarded over. How hard is it to find replacement windows, ovens, etc. ? The one I am looking at has a roof a/c, but I can not seem to get it to work. May have to be replaced. Is $1,500 TOO MUCH TO PAY? I love the website and I am looking forward to joining you on the highways soon.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
You may want to try the forum for U-Haul campers to get more specific information. The site is www.uhaulcamper.com/forum. There aren't a lot of U-Haul's out there, but welcome to the group! We have a 16' VT that we have been using for about 2 years (1986 model). From what I know, the windows may not be available any longer, but you can certainly get a window for another camper that may require a bit of fiberglass cutting to fit. Other folks have used a single sheet of plexiglass or similar and fabricated the trim/housing. The AC may just be shot, or it could be a wiring problem. I assume you're trying to run it off 120 v.? The circuit breakers may be tripped or the wiring may have come loose. We have a Coleman Polar Cub on our trailer and it works great. Dometic also has the Duo-Therm that would fit.

This would be a labor of love, but well worth the time and money. The 13' CT is a great little trailer and tows very easily. The price sounds good, too, unless the frame is shot or there are major holes in the fiberglass. Many CTs go for $3,000 or more.

Kevin

(P.S. - Search through the U-Haul site above to find the answers to many of your questions. It may take a day or so to get a live response, but there are several dedicated U-Haul owners who are very eager to share their knowledge.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	U_Haul_Trailer.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	17753
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer_in_Dubuque2.gif  
Old 02-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I do know that someone on the site, uhaulcamper, mentioned some parts of his uhaul that he removed and may be selling. Another member there bought a trailer that was virtually gutted and now has it up and going with improvised parts, i.e. plexiglass for the cupboard doors. The latter one responds quite quickly and if you look, you can find images of his trailer renovations, because I scanned them in and posted them for him.

CindyL