Travasaks at Tuesday Morning stores - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Smile Travasaks at Tuesday Morning stores

I've found Trava-sak sets at two discount outlets in California. The stores are called "Tuesday Morning" and are similar to Marshalls. The stores in Redwood City and Almaden Plaza each had a few Queen sized ones (called a full/queen) for $129.

Travasaks are like double wide sleeping bags with some sheet sets to match. They have summer/winter sides and a microsuede cover.

This price is supposed to be one-half list price. I don't know what retail was, but I believe they're discontinued.

Regards,

Matt
Old 12-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for the tip. We looked at the 2 "Tuesday Morning" stores near us in Arizona, but they didn't have them. Was worth a try though.

Dale - AZ
2010 Nissan Frontier CC
Old 12-31-2010, 11:13 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
The Tacoma, WA and Olympia, Wa stores also do not have any.

Mike
Old 12-31-2010, 11:49 PM   #4

Registry
Bummer. The ones in San Jose were hard to find. They had them in the bedding area on the top shelf in the corner under a bunch of other comforter sets. I looked around and told my wife they didn't have them, then I saw them up near the ceiling and I had a guy pull them down with a ladder. They're fairly large plastic zipper package like the other bedding sets, maybe 16x30x22 inches.

We ran the winter side up yesterday and it was actually too warm (45 outside). The comforter is a nice microfiber but the sheets are just some cotton/poly blend. I say sheets but really it is just one folded in half at the bottom that velcros up along the sides.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft Hybrid
Registry
Found one Trava-Sak at Tuesday Morning here in San Angelo, TEXAS. They had just finished doing inventory so it was relative easy to find it amongst the queen sized comforters. Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:52 AM   #6

Registry
The full/queen version is working out great in my Escape 19. I'm curious about the dimensions of the twin - it would be good up front!

Regards,

Matt
Old 01-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerseyBA View Post
Found one Trava-Sak at Tuesday Morning here in San Angelo, TEXAS. They had just finished doing inventory so it was relative easy to find it amongst the queen sized comforters. Thanks for the tip.
do you have a SKU number so I can search locally, thanx
Old 01-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #8

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
I've found Trava-sak sets at two discount outlets in California. The stores are called "Tuesday Morning" and are similar to Marshalls. The stores in Redwood City and Almaden Plaza each had a few Queen sized ones (called a full/queen) for $129.

Travasaks are like double wide sleeping bags with some sheet sets to match. They have summer/winter sides and a microsuede cover.

This price is supposed to be one-half list price. I don't know what retail was, but I believe they're discontinued.

Regards,

Matt
do you have a SKU so I can search locally, thanx
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #9

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft Hybrid
Registry
Only number I can find:
0 47297 17420 5
Old 01-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Only number I can find:
0 47297 17420 5
That's probably by color. I believe they had four colors - red, light beige, dark beige and green. Those Tuesday Morning stores put their own inventory tags on everything so I am not sure they are using UPC codes anyways.

Regards,

Matt
Old 01-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Only number I can find:
0 47297 17420 5
I'm in San Angelo Texas also! I may be too late, but I'm heading over to Tuesday Mornings to check. I have been planning on trying to make one of these from some really good instructions from this site. Congratulations on your find!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #12

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I checked our local store hoping to find two twin sizes ones. There were three full/queen ones but no twin. I asked and the clerk and as far as she knows there were never any twins. YMMV

The queens were very nice green ultra suede fabric. If I hadn't just spent two days making quilts for the trailer I would consider getting two queen sized ones and cutting them down.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #13

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:

Regards,

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
I checked our local store hoping to find two twin sizes ones. There were three full/queen ones but no twin. I asked and the clerk and as far as she knows there were never any twins. YMMV

The queens were very nice green ultra suede fabric. If I hadn't just spent two days making quilts for the trailer I would consider getting two queen sized ones and cutting them down.
I found 3 sets here in York,pa @ Tuesday morning- 1 set of twin 48x80 and queen/double 60x80-
Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #14

UPDATE,
I returned to my local Tuesday Morning store to take another look and I found them. They were mixed in with the comforters as Matt suggested. My store had 5 of the Queen/full size. Box said they were 66"X80" if I remember right.

This store also had 1 twin size but I don't remember the dimensions.

Price on the Queen was $129 and the Twin was $99.

SO.... I'm considering my options. I like the idea of a double sized RV bag because we are not planning on leaving the bed made up.

I also found this at "Sportsmen Warehouse" Teton Sports 4-in-1 RV Sleeping Bag - Sportsman's Warehouse and it is similar to the Travasak in that it has a thicker and thinner side. But of course its basically 2 sleeping bags. The advantage to the one at Sportsmans is you could also use just one as a single bag. It is also about 1/2 the cost of the travasak.

My question is..... Is the Travasak worth twice as much? Why? What are the advantages to the Travasak?

I'm going to buy one or the other in the next couple days. Just wondering if I can justify the Travasak?

Thanks.
2010 Nissan Frontier CC
Old 01-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #15

Registry
I think it comes down to whether you are a sheets-and-pillowcases kind of camper or more of a sleeping bag type. The Travasaks used to list for quite a bit more, but the company couldn't survive long term.

The microfiber fabric and the corded edge give more of an upholstered feel, and your feet don't bottom out on a zipper as they might in the bag. You can pull the sheets out for washing.

That's about it, as far as I can see.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #16

Quote:
I think it comes down to whether you are a sheets-and-pillowcases kind of camper or more of a sleeping bag type. The Travasaks used to list for quite a bit more, but the company couldn't survive long term.

The microfiber fabric and the corded edge give more of an upholstered feel, and your feet don't bottom out on a zipper as they might in the bag. You can pull the sheets out for washing.

Thanks Matt. We'll give it some thought. My wife is leaning towards the Travasak. It looked a bit less "bulky" and probably easier to fold up and store. Since the sleeping bag is a little heavier, it may be warmer.

Dale
2010 Nissan Frontier CC
Old 01-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #17

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:

We do have a queen Travasak...that is 20+ years old. So the company was around for quit a few years. I know this economy slump has been the end of many companies, especially RV based ones. Our old Travasack held up well for years of camping and is still being used occasionally for guests and taking to visit others homes so we have out own linens. The only problem with it now is the filling has lost it's loft and it is not warm enough for the kind of camping we do. And we have changed to a twin bed set up. If I could have found two matching twins I probably would have bought them.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #18

We bought the Trava-sak today. This store had 4 colors in queen size. Maroon, green, light beige & a little one a little darker beige. We got the darker beige. They also had one twin in Green. Thanks Matt for passing along this tip.

I'll just throw this out here.... We are planning on going the Quartzsite gathering in February. If someone wants a Trava-sak and cant find one I would be willing to buy and deliver one of these Travasak's if your going to this event. Just need to send me the money first to buy.

Dale
2010 Nissan Frontier CC
Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #19

Registry
I found three or four queen/fulls in Saratoga, CA over in the sporting goods section. I'm still looking for a twin, myself. I also confirmed there are four in Redwood City, CA as of this afternoon.

Regards,

Matt