Travasaks at Tuesday Morning stores - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #15

Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
California
Registry
I think it comes down to whether you are a sheets-and-pillowcases kind of camper or more of a sleeping bag type. The Travasaks used to list for quite a bit more, but the company couldn't survive long term.

The microfiber fabric and the corded edge give more of an upholstered feel, and your feet don't bottom out on a zipper as they might in the bag. You can pull the sheets out for washing.

That's about it, as far as I can see.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #16

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2000 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
I think it comes down to whether you are a sheets-and-pillowcases kind of camper or more of a sleeping bag type. The Travasaks used to list for quite a bit more, but the company couldn't survive long term.

The microfiber fabric and the corded edge give more of an upholstered feel, and your feet don't bottom out on a zipper as they might in the bag. You can pull the sheets out for washing.

Thanks Matt. We'll give it some thought. My wife is leaning towards the Travasak. It looked a bit less "bulky" and probably easier to fold up and store. Since the sleeping bag is a little heavier, it may be warmer.

Dale

2010 Nissan Frontier CC
Old 01-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #17

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post

We do have a queen Travasak...that is 20+ years old. So the company was around for quit a few years. I know this economy slump has been the end of many companies, especially RV based ones. Our old Travasack held up well for years of camping and is still being used occasionally for guests and taking to visit others homes so we have out own linens. The only problem with it now is the filling has lost it's loft and it is not warm enough for the kind of camping we do. And we have changed to a twin bed set up. If I could have found two matching twins I probably would have bought them.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #18

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2000 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
We bought the Trava-sak today. This store had 4 colors in queen size. Maroon, green, light beige & a little one a little darker beige. We got the darker beige. They also had one twin in Green. Thanks Matt for passing along this tip.

I'll just throw this out here.... We are planning on going the Quartzsite gathering in February. If someone wants a Trava-sak and cant find one I would be willing to buy and deliver one of these Travasak's if your going to this event. Just need to send me the money first to buy.

Dale
2010 Nissan Frontier CC
Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #19

Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
California
Registry
I found three or four queen/fulls in Saratoga, CA over in the sporting goods section. I'm still looking for a twin, myself. I also confirmed there are four in Redwood City, CA as of this afternoon.

Regards,

Matt