Trillium 1300 under counter light shade - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #1

Name: Rod
Trailer: 2014 GWV Trillium Sidekick 1500
British Columbia
Registry
Trillium 1300 under counter light shade

Hello,

It appears that the previous owner put a 100w light bulb in the under the counter 110v light fixture in my trillium 1300 before selling it to me. I didn't realize this and ended up turning on the light and melting the plastic bumpy white lamp shade cylinder thingy. If anyone has a light shade they don't need, or the whole fixture for that matter I would be interested in obtaining it. Thanks!

~Rodre
Old 05-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Do you mean like THIS light fixture???

Ours was pretty tatty till I refurbished it and replaced the 'bumpy white lamp shade' with a piece of light white plastic sheeting cut to the size you need. The cylinderical shape of the light will make the new plastic conform to that shape naturally. I have replaced the two bulbs with those bright white low wattage compact spiral flourescents. Still gets warm/hot if you leave them on too long, thats why I also opt'd to install the lights visable herein which WERE available at Rona.
Attached Thumbnails
110V hanging.JPG  
Old 05-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #3

Name: Rod
Trailer: 2014 GWV Trillium Sidekick 1500
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mager View Post
Do you mean like THIS light fixture???

Ours was pretty tatty till I refurbished it and replaced the 'bumpy white lamp shade' with a piece of light white plastic sheeting cut to the size you need. The cylinderical shape of the light will make the new plastic conform to that shape naturally. I have replaced the two bulbs with those bright white low wattage compact spiral flourescents. Still gets warm/hot if you leave them on too long, thats why I also opt'd to install the lights visable herein which WERE available at Rona.

Yes, that be the one. I have considered changing it but because my interior is in such good original shape I have decided to keep it that way for now and think the original light suits the rest of the interior. I have been tempted to mount a small underthe counter microwave there but I am not sure if the cupboard would support the weight while travelling over bumpy roads.

~Rod
Old 08-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 4500 1978
i replaced our interior light fixtures...the singles went to the trash, but i saved the under counter 3 bulb fixture ..........it does not look like your fixture above but it is the original 1978 standard stuff.........it is 12 volt and has 3 bulbs, and all three covers....i only replaced this fixture to match the others that i installed......you pay the shipping....freebie or trade for a favor? i am looking for a hunk of "t" molding.

kevin

in halifax!!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #5

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
I would pull it out and put in a floresent unit, I got mine at Walmart for only $21 and all my other lights are LED's from Canadian Tire for the interior and Princess Auto for the exterior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodre View Post
Hello,

It appears that the previous owner put a 100w light bulb in the under the counter 110v light fixture in my trillium 1300 before selling it to me. I didn't realize this and ended up turning on the light and melting the plastic bumpy white lamp shade cylinder thingy. If anyone has a light shade they don't need, or the whole fixture for that matter I would be interested in obtaining it. Thanks!

~Rodre

Tags
light, trillium