Trillium 4500 cushions custom made - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #1

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Massachusetts
Registry
Trillium 4500 cushions custom made

Trillium 4500 Cushions. I am having cushions made for my 1978 Trillium 4500. I gave the old cushions to a woman at work and I supplied the material. She has the pattern from the old ones to make new ones. I told her I would mention it on the forum to see if people were interested in maybe paying her to sew cushions if the people supplied the material. Is anyone interested? If so I will see her Friday and can let her know.You can hash out the details with her. Email me or just post a response here and I will get her contact info. I will post the pics from mine when I get them back.Thanks Randy
Old 11-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Randy, that sounds like quite a plan! If you don't get a bunch of responses... after all the Trillium 4500 is a bit rare, don't give up. Others may be interested in finding out if she's willing to sew other trailer brand/size cushions. It may help too, if you let everyone know an approx. price of what she's charging you, and once you get the cushions in the trailer what you think about the fit and quality.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #3

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hi Randy,
I was just going to go shopping today for fabric! I may be interested in her services, if not too pricey for me. I can sew, but not sure if I can tackle upholstery.
Thanks, Marjie
Old 11-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #4

Massachusetts
Registry
I will keep you posted. I could do the curtains. But I wanted the cushions done like the originals. And with the seams and zippers it was way beyond me. I will take pics and post prices when I get them back. Randy
Old 12-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #5

Massachusetts
Registry
Unfortunately the camper is at the trailer shop getting a new coupler welded on and hopefully a new axle. So I don't have any pictures of the new cushions. But I will post them when I get it back. The cushions came out GREAT. She used the original cushions as patterns and made new ones with the fabric and marine vinyl I gave her. I went with a BLUE Denim and Blue marine vinyl for the bottom side like the originals had. She charged me $180 which I thought was cheap based on the quality of the work. I also supplied her with the zippers which there was no way I was ever going to be able to sew. If anyone is interested. PM me and I can give you her number and you may be able to work out a price to send her your old cushions and material and she could sew you new ones. Again I will post the pics of the cushions when I get the camper back from the trailer shop But I am not sure when that will be. Right now it is covered in snow and they are working on the plows for the town first. Randy
Old 12-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #6

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hi,
Can't wait to see the pictures! Maybe I will use her services, if all looks good. The price she charged is more than fair!
I can't use my old covers, because they are really awful (not original), and they are covering 3" foam. I am planning on remaking the cushions using 4". What about you, what did you use? If your upholsterer makes templates she will get a lot more business. (like mine)
Also, what was the final yardage you needed? I figured that 16 yards, 52" upholstery fabric without a pattern repeat.
Good cushions with nice fabric makes all the difference.
Marjie
Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #7

Massachusetts
Registry
Honestly I do not know how much fabric I bought. She gave me back what wasn't used I have more than enough to to the front dinette after I get the cushions for that. I have the 4" foam in the rear and I am not sure how old it is but I put the cushions on it to test. I will get new foam when I get it for the front. I tossed out the old covers but I am sure she could make a killing selling the covers if she had another pattern to go by. She could just tell the person to buy whatever fabric and zippers they wanted and send to her to do. I am sure anyone could make a good living just supplying covers for these old eggs. I am surprised someone in here already isn't doing it. Randy
Old 03-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #8

Trailer: 1978 15 ft Trillium 4500 and 1980 17 ft Boler
Send a message via MSN to Linda S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpit View Post
Trillium 4500 Cushions. I am having cushions made for my 1978 Trillium 4500. I gave the old cushions to a woman at work and I supplied the material. She has the pattern from the old ones to make new ones. I told her I would mention it on the forum to see if people were interested in maybe paying her to sew cushions if the people supplied the material. Is anyone interested? If so I will see her Friday and can let her know.You can hash out the details with her. Email me or just post a response here and I will get her contact info. I will post the pics from mine when I get them back.Thanks Randy
Would you ask her if she would do slip covers for the trailers. I think the cost of sending cushions across the border would be very expensive, but the slipcovers would be a lot better price..

Linda
Old 03-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #9

Massachusetts
Registry
I will get her contact info this week and give it to interested parties. My trailer is still at the trailer shop. They have been welding all the plow trucks around here. It has been a busy winter. So it is sitting there waiting for the new axle. I will take pics of the cushions and post them for people to see her work. Cant wait to get working on the trailer when I get it back. Randy
Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 AM   #10

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
I will get her contact info this week and give it to interested parties. My trailer is still at the trailer shop. They have been welding all the plow trucks around here. It has been a busy winter. So it is sitting there waiting for the new axle. I will take pics of the cushions and post them for people to see her work. Cant wait to get working on the trailer when I get it back. Randy

I would like her information also, I've redone 2 Trilliums already and done the covers myself and its no walk in the park, would rather have her make them and I have the fabric already. I'm like Linda... ask and see if I can ship the old covers and if she can make them from those..THANKS RANDY
Old 03-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #11

Massachusetts
Registry
I should have my camper back next week. I will have her number by Friday night. I will email it to you then. Randy
Old 03-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #12

Quote:
I should have my camper back next week. I will have her number by Friday night. I will email it to you then. Randy
Thanks so much.....................RANDY
Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #13

Massachusetts
Registry
I sent the # to 2 people. Did you get it? Does anyone else need her contact info? Randy
Old 04-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #14

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
cushion cover seamstress

I'd love to have the number, as well!
My email address is gardencoach@live.com
Thanks so much for getting us someone reasonable.
We still want to see your cushion pics, when you have the trailer back at home!
Thanks.
Barbara
Old 04-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #15

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
I sent the # to 2 people. Did you get it? Does anyone else need her contact info? Randy
Randy,

I have a 4500, too- is she keeping the patterns for your cushions? Can you send me her info by private message?

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesca knowles View Post
randy,

i have a 4500, too- is she keeping the patterns for your cushions? Can you send me her info by private message?

Thanks!
message sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
trillium